Suite-MDR seating or Luminae

FL.OH.TN.

We will be sailing next month, first time in a suite, made reservations for early seating - assume now in MDR. Would love to eat at Luminae. Do we need to call Celebrity and talk about this or leave our reservations as is and talk to Luminae or butler or someone else when we get on ship? I heard Luminae often is booked so how quickly do we need to do this or can we keep our MDR reservations as is and just walk into Luminae ( and possibly wait) on any given evening?

We will be sailing next month, first time in a suite, made reservations for early seating - assume now in MDR. Would love to eat at Luminae. Do we need to call Celebrity and talk about this or leave our reservations as is and talk to Luminae or butler or someone else when we get on ship? I heard Luminae often is booked so how quickly do we need to do this or can we keep our MDR reservations as is and just walk into Luminae ( and possibly wait) on any given evening?

Your dining room as a suite passenger is Luminae. It doesn't matter what "seating" you have.

You just go to Luminae at whatever time you'd like and they will seat you immediately, or you might have a short wait during the busiest times.

You don't need to arrange anything with anyone....Luminae is your assigned dining room.

If you are in a suite, Luminae is your restaurant.

HOWEVER, you can eat in the MDR, and/or Blu, if you wish.

Your reservation may say something else, but that is mainly because the Celebrity website is totally dysfunctional.

No reservations are required for Luminae; simply show up and you'll be seated.

Have a fabulous cruise!!!

You should be able to just walk into Luminae. Given that you want to eat early, my experience is that 6 to 630 or so is not crowded. If you get a note from Celebrity on embarkation day asking you to come at a different time, feel free to ignore it and go when you want.

Also, just to let you know, they will make the MDR menu available to you in Luminae. You don't have to go there to eat what is on that menu. Your waiter will bring you what you like if nothing appeals to you off the Luminae menu.

Nice added feature as dining in Luminae is a much more intimate, quiet dining experience.

We will be sailing next month, first time in a suite, made reservations for early seating - assume now in MDR. Would love to eat at Luminae. ......

I also suspect that this early seating reservation is due to the X website problems. You do not need reservations for Luminae, and Luminae is designed to be large enough to seat suite passengers. But I just wanted to add one more quick comment -- in addition the Luminae menu you will also be able to order from the MDR menu when seated in Luminae. While the Luminae waiter will hand you the Luminae menu once you are seated, the MDR menu will also be available. Just ask to see the MDR menu if you wish.

Haven't they clamped down on suite guests in Blu? It's only on space available anyway, right?

I had no problem eating there in October.

But things change all of the time. I suggest you find out once you board.

Blu was hardly ever full whenever I passed by....

Haven't they clamped down on suite guests in Blu?

No!

The ones that sail in suites I have talked to said they could go to Blu anytime they wanted. But, they thought Luminae was much better than Blu.

Edited by Texed

No!

The ones that sail in suites I have talked to said they could go to Blu anytime they wanted. But, they thought Luminae was much better than Blu.

Hi Ed!

No problem going to eat in Blu. But Luminae is much better. The only time I would go to Blu might be for breakfast if I got tired of the Luminae menu. Although since they've discontinued the muesli cart, not much reason to go there for breakfast. Dinner is far superior and, as previously stated, one can also order off the MDR menu in Luminae.

When we eat in Luminae we always look at both Luminae and MDR menus and pick items from both. Also remember Luminae lunch menu never changes so dont forget the MDR lunch menu.

There are three different Luminae lunch menus that rotate.

Hi Ed!

No problem going to eat in Blu. But Luminae is much better. The only time I would go to Blu might be for breakfast if I got tired of the Luminae menu. Although since they've discontinued the muesli cart, not much reason to go there for breakfast. Dinner is far superior and, as previously stated, one can also order off the MDR menu in Luminae.

Summit still serves muesli from the table-side cart.

Summit still serves muesli from the table-side cart.

Well then I'll have to try breakfast in Blu in April at least once. Although now I've become addicted to the hash browns in Luminae. :)

Were you on the Summit recently? My last cruise on the Infinity last fall, they were not offering the muesli cart.

Haven't they clamped down on suite guests in Blu? It's only on space available anyway, right?

On the Infinity last week we tried to dine in Blu one evening and were told they couldn't accommodate us. There were others sailing in suites who were also turned away. The MaitreD in Blu offered to take our order and have it sent to us in Luminae.

The MaitreD in Blu offered to take our order and have it sent to us in Luminae.

Never had any issues ever using Blu when in a suite.

The only wait we've ever had in Luminae was when three couples including ourselves arrived at the same time and the maitre d' had to seat the two couples who arrived before us. It must have taken all of 90 seconds... :)

But this is interesting because in the rare event of something on the Blu menu looking more appetizing than Luminae it would be nice to still experience the better service and ambience of Luminae whilst eating your order from Blu.

I think that Luminae is far superior to dining in either the MDR or Blu. You will find the atmosphere of Luminae less crowded then Blu and IMO nicer then dining in the MDR which is more like a Banquet Hall. You can modify your order so if you have a special request- it is easy to adjust. This is truly a nice perk of being in a suite, as is access to Michael's club, a private lounge for suite only guests. Hard to go back to a regular or AQ cabin once you have experienced the suite life!

Enjoy.

Is the children's menu also available in Luminae as it is in the MDR?

There is a children's menu available in Luminae but not sure if it is the same one as in MDR. My neice's daughter seemed to find something to her liking every evening last summer including several very good looking fillet steaks.

There is a children's menu available in Luminae but not sure if it is the same one as in MDR. My neice's daughter seemed to find something to her liking every evening last summer including several very good looking fillet steaks.

Our grand children also were in a suite with their parents, age 9 and 11 and always found food they liked.

Well then I'll have to try breakfast in Blu in April at least once. Although now I've become addicted to the hash browns in Luminae. :)

Were you on the Summit recently? My last cruise on the Infinity last fall, they were not offering the muesli cart.

I sailed aqua on the Summit in Sep. They never stopped serving table side, and had no plans to discontinue. I'm not certain why other ships did.