Cheers: I just did the Math. Thank you Carnival!

bobbismith

We are going on our first cruise this May and decided after much debate, to get the cheers. We are after all on vacation! I love :hot-beverage:, tea, and of course :wine-glass::cocktail::tropical-drink:.;p My husband is a numbers man and he did the math. He likes teas, sports drinks, sodas, and :beer-mug:. So even on port days we should save plenty by having cheers.

The other options would be to cruise on those lines that do not require both occupants of the cabin to participate in the program, or, better yet, go on the NCL Escape and choose their drink package as one of your perks. The only problem with their package is that it does not include bottled water or espresso based coffee drinks.

This is our very first cruise and we were invited by friends who had already booked, to join them. It's a NYE Cruise on the Magic, so I'm sure it will be fun even without the Cheers package. Not too worry about the cost of paying at the end of the cruise this time, it costs what it costs. Next time, will look into other options.

It definitely has value, and I can see why so many love the program. My husband would do just fine with this and easily get his money's worth on all 8 days of our upcoming cruise. However, I think I'd do ok for the first 3-4 days, then I'd need a few days off. I only ever drink water, no pop, no coffee, etc. So on the days I don't feel like drinking, I'd have to consume a whole lot of water to get my money's worth. I wish they'd come up with a new level of Cheers, a 3/4 day package. $50 dayfor the week, and $30 day for 3 days. I think it would be a great seller.

I would LOVE it if they would offer something like this. I am an every day drinker, but there are days I want to just have "a few" early in the evening, esp. before a port day I have plans for early in the morning. I do NOT drink water (accept from the tap lol) specialty coffees, etc. I do fine with the free offerings on Lido. So I would really be buying Cheers JUST for the booze.

We just came off of a carnival cruise last week and we did decide on the cheers program. I did the math one day and it really worked for us. A usual day I would get a cappuccino in the morning $3.50, bottled water not sure how much those were but I got a bunch during the day to keep hydrated and to put in the room for overnight, a strawberry shake for me and darling daughter to share ;p or a virgin daiquiri I think shake was $3.50 and daiquiri might be closer to $4-5. I would get one bloody mary in the morning with Grey Goose $8.95ish have some drinks by the pool during the day $8-9ish, before dinner I would get a carnival cosmo yummy that was $8.95 and drink a few glasses of wine at the end of the night around $9 each our boat did not have the expensive wine other people talked about I think there might have been a white that was closer to $12 but I'm a red girl.

I always like to find a really nice bartender and tip them well I do tip on every check $1 but like to give extra to those that are fun to talk with and on our trip it was the main bar downstairs from the pool deck called united states bar. We went a week that had a ton of school vacations so sometimes it was hard to get something because of all the kids and the soda cards so I would just run downstairs and my favorite bartender was working I ordered a bloody mary and she said here you go I gave you the good stuff I looked at the bill and it was $17 its the higher end grey goose comes in a fancy bottle so of course later that day I went to her to get my vodka and soda I made out those day for sure :D. She said it was only at that bar so on the bigger ships you might have to search for it.

I did see someone ask about buckets of beer I think on this thread we had a really good waiter at the pool bar he hustled and was very nice. We found that if you ordered a Michelob Ultra they kept the screw cap in place where the bartenders would open it for you (I'm sure you could say please do not open) 5 minutes later he came by and noticed I did not open it yet he winked at me and said do you want another??? I said sure he said give me a few minutes and I will bring you back 2 and a bucket. My husband brought it to our room so he could have some for later. My husband said he found a more expensive Dewers somewhere but he forgot to look at the bill to see how much that cost :rolleyes:

I found that I did not hit 15 but always came out over what we spent

Cheers!

That's right, about 33 shots. Do the math on that!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

1 ounce wimpy shots....Most bars will give you 1.5, so you're getting 22 drinks for your 80 bucks. And you'll need to bring soda on to mix with the rum. So, you're paying just under 4 bucks per drink. And you're stuck with rum and coke. If I drink 10 a day with Cheers, I am paying 5.75 per drink. And I am not stuck with rum and coke only. And the drinks at Alchemy have more than 1.5 ounces per.

Do that math.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Just got back on Miracle on the weekend. For Cheers I typically had an espresso coffee and a couple of bottles of water in the morning, a couple of frozen cocktails in the heat of the afternoon, a couple of pre-dinner "revved up mohito martinis" before dinner in the alchemy bar, a glass of wine with dinner, and an "ultimate XO martini" after dinner. So comfortably saved some money.

Now here's the thing - these drinks don't carry a heavy alcohol payload. They are not putting in double shots etc. I'm not a big drinker and I had enough to get a nice buzz but never got slurring drunk by any means.

1 ounce wimpy shots....Most bars will give you 1.5, so you're getting 22 drinks for your 80 bucks. And you'll need to bring soda on to mix with the rum. So, you're paying just under 4 bucks per drink. And you're stuck with rum and coke. If I drink 10 a day with Cheers, I am paying 5.75 per drink. And I am not stuck with rum and coke only. And the drinks at Alchemy have more than 1.5 ounces per.

Do that math.

A "shot" is 1.5 ounces, so yeah 33 rum and cokes. Secondly, you only get 15 drinks a day, which you spent 120 on for 30 drinks. It's cool to each there own, cheers

A "shot" is 1.5 ounces, so yeah 33 rum and cokes. Secondly, you only get 15 drinks a day, which you spent 120 on for 30 drinks. It's cool to each there own, cheers

If a "shot" is 1.5 oz and a Liter is a little over 33 oz. the math doesn't figure to 33 drinks. As noted above you are getting 22 drinks.

Hey if that's what works for you all well and good.

One of the things I don't like about Cheers (have never had, but thinking about it for our 7 day Sunshine cruise) is that let's say I am sitting on the balcony after coming in for the night, putting my jammies on, and I feel like having a nightcap. If I had a bottle in the cabin, I'd be able to make a drink. Otherwise,I'd have to get dressed and go find a bar and order a drink and bring it back to the cabin. Kind of destroys the whole relaxing mood of it.

One of the things I don't like about Cheers (have never had, but thinking about it for our 7 day Sunshine cruise) is that let's say I am sitting on the balcony after coming in for the night, putting my jammies on, and I feel like having a nightcap. If I had a bottle in the cabin, I'd be able to make a drink. Otherwise,I'd have to get dressed and go find a bar and order a drink and bring it back to the cabin. Kind of destroys the whole relaxing mood of it.

You should stop at a bar on your way in for the night.

You should stop at a bar on your way in for the night.

I know, just what I meant was if I "thought I was finished for the night" kind of, got ready to go to bed, went out to the balcony, there was a moon, nice breeze.....and thought, I want to sit out here for 10 minutes with a nightcap and take it all in....:confused:

I know, just what I meant was if I "thought I was finished for the night" kind of, got ready to go to bed, went out to the balcony, there was a moon, nice breeze.....and thought, I want to sit out here for 10 minutes with a nightcap and take it all in....:confused:

Even if you think you're finished, grab one anyway. "Don't cost nothin."

6.-Cost-Nothin.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well if that bottle in your cabin was rum, before you came back to your cabin you could stop at a bar and get a glass of rum neat and then if you wished to enjoy it in your cabin you could mix it with the ice from your cabin and soda from your frig. And then replace the can of soda the following morning when you get an unopened one from a bar utilizing your Cheers card.

That's easy. Just send your DH/SO to go fetch it.

Well if that bottle in your cabin was rum, before you came back to your cabin you could stop at a bar and get a glass of rum neat and then if you wished to enjoy it in your cabin you could mix it with the ice from your cabin and soda from your frig. And then replace the can of soda the following morning when you get an unopened one from a bar utilizing your Cheers card.

Very true....and we are in an OV on deck 1 on the Sunshine, so wouldn't be such a trek to find a bar. On the Pride in January we are on deck 8 and I know I'm not gonna want to wait for an elevator, find a bar that's open, get a drink, wait for the elevator to go BACK to the cabin. As you can tell, when I am on vacation I am very spoiled and very lazy lol. Ah, wouldn't it be nice if you could order a drink from Cheers via room service!!! :eek:;) PAGING JOHN HEALD!!! ;p

Very true....and we are in an OV on deck 1 on the Sunshine, so wouldn't be such a trek to find a bar. On the Pride in January we are on deck 8 and I know I'm not gonna want to wait for an elevator, find a bar that's open, get a drink, wait for the elevator to go BACK to the cabin. As you can tell, when I am on vacation I am very spoiled and very lazy lol. Ah, wouldn't it be nice if you could order a drink from Cheers via room service!!! :eek:;) PAGING JOHN HEALD!!! ;p

Everyone is different. I would father "fetch" that drink than call room service, explain my order, wait (probably not on balcony because I can't hear the knock on the door from there)..... and maybe wait somemore..., answer door, sign and tip. JMHO

Everyone is different. I would father "fetch" that drink than call room service, explain my order, wait (probably not on balcony because I can't hear the knock on the door from there)..... and maybe wait somemore..., answer door, sign and tip. JMHO

Never thought of it that way!!!

That's why even though we are getting Cheers we are both taking on our bottle of wine. I wouldn't be opposed to going and fetching my gf a drink because I would probably fetch me one as well plus probably another. LOL

Ah, wouldn't it be nice if you could order a drink from Cheers via room service!!! :eek:;) PAGING JOHN HEALD!!! ;p

For future reference do a little research about the MSC Seaside and the inside cabins in the Yacht Club. Reasonably priced, includes your own Butler, drinks all over the ship and even drinks in the mini bar in your cabin consisting of wine, beer and mini bottles. [emoji3]