Cheers: I just did the Math. Thank you Carnival!

bobbismith

How can you prepay using a few gift cards? I have only been able to use one at a time

I have had great success with paying for Cheers with the gift cards. The new site change the looks of things. I promise just keep trying. It will work.

Bobbi

How can you prepay using a few gift cards? I have only been able to use one at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to "add another gift card" to pay for the Cheers package in full. I used about 6 gift cards, so I know it can be done. I think the button is located right above where you entered the gift card number in (if memory serves me correctly). Though this was before the site change, so it may have changed a bit now. I'm sure it still can be done though.

Out of Galveston I purchased my cheers online ahead of time. They just charge your for 6 days instead of 7 at the lower rate. Then it doesn't go into effect until day 2. Day 1 is a good time to take advantage of that bottle of wine you can bring on and the free bottle of water they give you.

Thanks for the info! Yes, I was thinking that too about the bottle of wine.

$57.44 for Cheers per day

$8.75 Blood Mary

$8.75 Blood Mary

$8.75 Mojito

$8.75 Mojito

$8.95 Alchemy (1.00 for top liqu)

$8.95 Alchemy

$52.90 Total before 15 % Total is $60.83

Everyone in my group will save money! Everyone in our group, EVEN with Ports, will drink 2 drinks per 4 hours. This package is really a great deal.

Your brain says thank you Carnival but your liver says :mad: you Carnival.

But your liver is an idiot.:p

I have done 3-4 day cruises and cheers was an amazing deal. We are going on a 7 day in May and I can't justify it due to the 3 port days we won't be on the ship at all. I wish they had the option of buying it for certain days only [emoji20]

I agree - wish you could purchase it by the day. I am concerned I will be spending the money for the Cheers program and then spend a lot of money at the 4 ports we are visiting our 6 day cruise. Not to mention that the 1st and last day I won't be able to drink 15 drinks.

I agree - wish you could purchase it by the day. I am concerned I will be spending the money for the Cheers program and then spend a lot of money at the 4 ports we are visiting our 6 day cruise. Not to mention that the 1st and last day I won't be able to drink 15 drinks.

You don't have to drink 15 drinks to make it worth it. Even if you are off the ship the entire time it's in port would still leave you about 15 hours onboard that day you could use it and I'm sure you will be awake for at least half those 15 hours. I don't think the last day counts anyway as cheers technically expires at 6am on debarkation morning. I've never tried to get anything that day to check but on a 5 day cruise you buy cheers for 5 days starting on embarkation day, the last day when you leave is the sixth "day".

First of all, the morning of day seven on your six night cruise is 100% irrelevant. You don't have to drink 15 drinks per day, depending upon what you drink, it's only 5 for high end mixed, 6 for average mixed/wine and 8 for beer to break even or be slightly ahead. And then you have all of the non alcoholic stuff as gravy. (bottled water, coffee drinks, energy drinks, vitamin water, milkshakes, soda, etc.) And if you get back on board by 4 and go to bed at 12, that still gives you 8 hours to get your 5-8 drinks in, assuming you purchase Cheers.

You keep your drinking in port to a minimum because you have an open bar back on the ship. If you don't have the willpower to do that, then drink like a fish in your ports and pay as you go on board.

We decided to pass on it as well for our upcoming cruise. I might be able to do 3/4 days of it but not a week. After long days in port, in the sun etc, I can't see myself staying up late and making sure I get those drinks in. And sometimes after I've been out in the sun all day, I don't even want to drink anything but water. It's not a money issue for us, we will just drink what we want, when we want, and pay whatever we owe at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
I would not purchase cheers if if did not included non-alcohol drinks also. I will have my fair share of margarita's, but I also like Frappachino's in the morning and bottled water at dinner. That really helps it fee more worth it to me.

Yes, this is why I am good with this. We probably wont hit 15 drinks but the freedom to get whatever other drinks works for me. I will most def want a tasty coffee or something. Plus, it works out our budget for us. I may get a bottle in the room just in case since this is our first cruise.

Right, so last time I cruised was 4 years ago, and it appears as though Cheers has changed slightly in that time. I plan to purchase Cheers again.

I feel like I'm misreading the website though:

"All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving"

Does this mean 1 Cheers applicable drink = any drink that is $50 or less?

Right, so last time I cruised was 4 years ago, and it appears as though Cheers has changed slightly in that time. I plan to purchase Cheers again.

I feel like I'm misreading the website though:

"All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving"

Does this mean 1 Cheers applicable drink = any drink that is $50 or less?

Yes; so virtually any drink will be covered

I did the math too. Simple list of the drinks available that I like times the quantity then add the list up. Something like 2 capucinos, 2 mixed drinks, one Alchemy drink, and 3 glasses of wine at dinner in one day. The Cheers package is the way to go for me.

Are any drinks NOT covered? Thanks

Anything above $50.00 price.

Just read on another post that they denied the use of Cheers for the fresh squeezed OJ from the Havana bars.

Anyone else can confirm this?