Summit - Engine Trouble

emjayel56

Hi beachpotatoes! Haven't seen you on our roll call for the Summit sailing April 22. Come on over!

I too love sea days. Most stops in the Caribbean these days are sea days for me.

hello Linda..i thought i did join the roll call just have not posted much there..have been reading/gathering a great deal of helpful info while there...**question does anyone know definitively if Summit docks in St Thomas April 23 @ havensight/charlotte amalie docks or crown bay..my wife and i are planning to visit Linquist/ Smith beach for a few hrs..just trying to see my timeline for the day...we sailed Summit 12 yrs ago & enjoyed ourselves.. it will be like seeing an old friend again ..thanks

If this is a charter, wouldn't the company who chartered the ship be responsible for any announcements, not Celebrity?

Yes - and they have not announced any delay. That is why I wonder about a delay the next week to "make repairs"

Yes - and they have not announced any delay. That is why I wonder about a delay the next week to "make repairs"

There is a thread here on CC about the delay.

Passengers were notified that the cruise would be leaving a day later and have been discussing it and someone posted whatever compensation Celebrity offered them. I don't think Celebrity is hiding anything.

Here is the link to the thread that was started on Friday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472675

That's because she's going uphill...

Just returned from a 4 night Key West Nassau cruise, excellent cruise, left each port on time, no issues whatsoever. Sad it's over!!

If this is a charter, wouldn't the company who chartered the ship be responsible for any announcements, not Celebrity?

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

the charter company made no announcements and the Summit departed on time.

I still believe that since this is a "swingers" cruise they need extra cleaning time. That being said, I am sure Celebrity does not want to say that!

If there problems, please explain why this cruise is not delayed - still due to depart today??? What is Celebrity not telling?
I still believe that since this is a "swingers" cruise they need extra cleaning time.
it's amusing as a joke, but I don't believe there's any history of cruise lines taking the relevant ships out of service for a day after the many previous Bliss charters. So why would this one be any different?

What I suspect is that as it's important work that must be done soon but need not be done immediately, it's less costly to the company to take a day out of a standard cruise than to disrupt a charter contract, so it's decided to the former rather than the latter.

There was already a day or two between the Bliss cruise and the 3/27 cruise. As the Bliss cruise ends 3/25 in Ft. Lauderdale and the next was supposed to start 3/27 in San Juan.

So traveling and cleaning I don't think would take longer for a Nude Swingers cruise.

The email said unscheduled repairs. Wonder where they will be repairing it....in Ft. Lauderdale or San Juan. Or somewhere else.

Just hope whatever repairs don't last longer... As I don't want a longer extended stay in San Juan.

There was already a day or two between the Bliss cruise and the 3/27 cruise. As the Bliss cruise ends 3/25 in Ft. Lauderdale and the next was supposed to start 3/27 in San Juan.

So traveling and cleaning I don't think would take longer for a Nude Swingers cruise.

The email said unscheduled repairs. Wonder where they will be repairing it....in Ft. Lauderdale or San Juan. Or somewhere else.

Just hop whatever repairs don't last longer... As I don't want a longer extended stay in San Juan.

Capt. Kate posted on Instagram yesterday that they were taking on new engine equipment in Port Everglades

as part of a retrofit of the ship, so maybe that's part of the recent engine work?

hello Linda..i thought i did join the roll call just have not posted much there..have been reading/gathering a great deal of helpful info while there...**question does anyone know definitively if Summit docks in St Thomas April 23 @ havensight/charlotte amalie docks or crown bay..my wife and i are planning to visit Linquist/ Smith beach for a few hrs..just trying to see my timeline for the day...we sailed Summit 12 yrs ago & enjoyed ourselves.. it will be like seeing an old friend again ..thanks

Hi, I am also on the 4/22 sailing and we are docking at Crown Bay on April 23.

Pat

Summit 7-night April 15, 2017 sailing has been changed to a 4-night sailing beginning April 18, 2017 due to the engine problems. Just received notification. Very disappointing. No option to cancel and receive full refund. Too bad.

They must be doing a dry dock to try and fix it I guess

Sorry about your cruise

Summit 7-night April 15, 2017 sailing has been changed to a 4-night sailing beginning April 18, 2017 due to the engine problems. Just received notification. Very disappointing. No option to cancel and receive full refund. Too bad.

Say what?

I cannot believe that. I will be ballistic ..... maybe homicidal.

The April 8 dailing out of San Juan is cancelled! Call from TA and email from Celebrity. We are booked on a back to back with the second date of April 15 that is now changed to April 18-April 22. We will not fly to San Juan for a four day cruise! I called Captains Club as TA had no info on the April 15 date. CC informed me of the change and I stated we wanted to cancel and get a refund for both dates. Our airline is for April 6 and I'm not staying in San Juan for 12 days waiting for a four day cruise! That is crazy!

Ive call capital one and no chance for refund even my protection plan at my job don t cover this kind of thing.

They said mechanical problem not covered.

I said to them iťs worst ... Iťs a complete cancelation from celebrity .

I'm sure we are a lot beiing let down with that

it's amusing as a joke, but I don't believe there's any history of cruise lines taking the relevant ships out of service for a day after the many previous Bliss charters. So why would this one be any different?

What I suspect is that as it's important work that must be done soon but need not be done immediately, it's less costly to the company to take a day out of a standard cruise than to disrupt a charter contract, so it's decided to the former rather than the latter.

All the M class ships have a long history of this same problem, there have been many, many cancellations of cruises with propulsion problem since the M class ships have launched. There have not been any of these cancellation recently. This has nothing to to with a previous charter.

Is the cruise out of San Juan going as scheduled this weekend? I have friends going on their first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They would have heard by now if it was canceled or delayed... of course, last minute stuff does happen. But planned cancellation or delay, they would have heard.

Is the cruise out of San Juan going as scheduled this weekend? I have friends going on their first cruise. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been delayed a day. We now depart on Tuesday. Your friends have already been notified and I believe they have posted on our roll call regarding it.

Laurie

Say what?

I cannot believe that. I will be ballistic ..... maybe homicidal.

Totally get that. You CAN get a full refund if you cancel. The problem is we can only go that week. What's left right now? Nothing with Celebrity, nothing with Princess so we're stuck on a massive RCI ship that goes to worthless ports. Guess it's better than nothing, but for this privilege, we've had to pay $625 more for the RCI cabin. We lost all our perks with Celebrity (free drinks, free gratuities) and lost our $525 OBC.

Now we have to pay for internet (not free to Diamond level C&A), have to pay $7.95 for room service per day, can't bring on our own water bottles, and have to pay for laundry. SO, incredibly disappointed with Celebrity. I cannot even put into words how upset I've been since Friday when the news was dropped on us. We booked it about 15 months in advance and the two ports we were SO looking forward to were cancelled. There's no way we were going to fly from the West Coast to spend 3 nights in a hotel, pay for food and activities (which the 50% refund from Celebrity won't completely cover) and then take a little 4 night cruise to ports we've been to a bunch of times.

Oh - and our independent insurance does NOT cover this since the cruise is still happening. If Celebrity had cancelled the whole cruise, we would've gotten our $2700 in airfare back. I have literally spent hours and hours cancelling private tours, changing airfare, trying to find another cruise, and re-planning other details. SUPER frustrated. :mad: