bloody mary

aburnett

So room service doesn't bring anything with alcohol? Say I wanted a mimosa with breakfast on my balcony- I would have to go to a bar to get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Room service will bring it, but you have to pay for it.

If you have a beverage package, room service drinks are not included, so if you want to avoid the charge, you can go to any bar and get what you want and bring it back to your cabin.

aburnett: With the beverage package, you could also get a bloody mary in the evening before bed and ask for NO ICE. Refrigerate and in the morning you are all ready to greet the morning. This won't work so well for a mimosa.

cruisingagainsoon: This shouldn't be a problem but check because it might be included in the cost of the bottle. Oftentimes mixers are part of the cost.

Now that aburnett has mentioned this, I might just be doing this for our sea days. :confused:

I've ordered a bottle of Absolute for our cabin, is there any issue with me bringing a couple of bottles of Bloody Mary mix onboard with me?

On our 1st cruise with Celebrity we had 2 bottles of Major Peters (pre mixed Bloody Mary mix) in our tote to bring onboard as we had vodka in our suite and figured we could enjoy drinks on our balcony. The bottles were factory sealed, and it took forever for the people at the security check to let us through with them. 3 different people were called to read the ingredients to be sure the mix contained no alcohol!

We wouldn't do it again.

Our next two cruises, we just asked our butler if it was possible to get a pitcher of Bloody Mary mix from a bar.

He took care of it.

I'm sure it would be allowed, but the hassle it caused wasn't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Reflection, I would go down to the buffet to get some fresh fruit in the morning. I would take both of our ship cards with me to the bar and order a bloody mary and a screwdriver with fresh squeezed orange juice and then take them back to the cabin to enjoy. We had the premium beverage package. We enjoyed a little fruit and drinks on our balcony. Enjoy.

A Bloody Caesar tastes better than a Bloody Mary. It has clam juice in it as well as tomato juice and spices.

Actually, a true bloody Caesar is made with clamato juice. Also a bloody caesar made in Canada differs from one in the states in that their clamato juice is thicker than in the states.

Just got off Equinox. Tried Bloody Mary's one morning. Worst one ever. Tomato Juice,stalk of celery,tobasco sauce. Boring! Then they had the nerve to charge me $12.50 for it!!!

I wonder what the charge would be for a vodka / tomato juice?

With the beverage package, I bring 2-3 bottles of Mr & Mrs T's Bold & Spicy and just order a Grey Goose on the rocks with a celery stick. I hate their tomato juice with a splash of that premeasured bottle of crap they use to spice it up. :rolleyes:

Note: You need to refrigerator it after you first open it. If you are driving to the port, you can buy those small tomato juice size cans of Mr & Mrs T's.

Actually, a true bloody Caesar is made with clamato juice. Also a bloody caesar made in Canada differs from one in the states in that their clamato juice is thicker than in the states.

This post makes me laugh... (sorry!) You do know that clamato juice is just marketing for tomato juice with clam juice in it, right? So, Sandtrap328 was correct.

This post makes me laugh... (sorry!) You do know that clamato juice is just marketing for tomato juice with clam juice in it, right? So, Sandtrap328 was correct.

Actually, I am a retired professional bartender and I will tell you - many of my guests from Canada told me Clamato juice in Canada is thicker in texture than the product sold in the states. I know how it made, so don't be so quick to laugh when you do not have all the facts. :)

Actually, I am a retired professional bartender and I will tell you - many of my guests from Canada told me Clamato juice in Canada is thicker in texture than the product sold in the states. I know how it made, so don't be so quick to laugh when you do not have all the facts. :)

If you check out Wikipedia, it will confirm what I said:

"Clamato /kləˈmeɪtoʊ/ is a drink made of reconstituted tomato juice concentrate, flavored with spices and clam broth.[1] Made by Mott's, the name is a portmanteau of "clam" and "tomato"."

Here's the website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamato

But, if you don't believe Wikipedia, here's a quote from Mott's website:

"With its distinctive, savoury flavour, Mott’s Clamato Original is the tomato clam cocktail that you know and love."

The thickness doesn't change the main ingredients (i.e. water is probably added to make it a little less think).

Just sayin'....

Many thanks and a tip of the hat to gg88 and to Melissa for their support in the Great Clamato Debate.

Maybe Mixer Dave in Canada should check into the possibility that the Canadian Clamato was thicker because it got old sitting on Canadian shelves too long. Eh?

I will be on the Eclipse this Sunday for two weeks and will certainly be enjoying a few American Bloody Caesars! :D

With the beverage package, I bring 2-3 bottles of Mr & Mrs T's Bold & Spicy and just order a Grey Goose on the rocks with a celery stick. I hate their tomato juice with a splash of that premeasured bottle of crap they use to spice it up. :rolleyes:

Note: You need to refrigerator it after you first open it. If you are driving to the port, you can buy those small tomato juice size cans of Mr & Mrs T's.

Have you ever tried Zing Zang mix? That's become my favorite. Plus I like mine with tequila.

Sent from my iPad using Forums