Is Royal Caribbean trying to kill the Meet and Mingle?

BillOh

The 4 times on allure last year were meet n mingle about 30 to 45 minutes before the top tier party. Not bad as you just walked out of on aor and then head to the aqua theatre a short while away.

On grandeur last month the meet n mingle was also right before the top tier event. Will see how explorer runs it in june.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

When I was on Allure in 2013 the Upper tier event was during our meet and mingle. It was held on the boardwalk, I had just come out of the Aquatheater pool and saw them getting ready. When I watched one of the crew members unwrapping the champagne flutes, I was glad I did go, He put his thumb inside every single one of them.

Not sure how anyone can say anyone is trying to kill the Meet & Mingle - on Harmony last month....we had both Captain Gus and CD Abe attend voluntarily attend. They were wonderful, provided some nice humor as well as insight into the ship itself, and even participated in the raffle. Add in meeting some nice folks that we first had "met" online here at Cruise Critic...and it seemed like it was being promoted, not killed.

Where do they usually hold it on the Oasis?

I am signed up for the M&M For our cruise in two weeks.

Thanks

I've seen it in Dazzles when we had a big group and Jazz on 4 when we had a smaller group.

Not sure how anyone can say anyone is trying to kill the Meet & Mingle - on Harmony last month....we had both Captain Gus and CD Abe attend voluntarily attend. They were wonderful, provided some nice humor as well as insight into the ship itself, and even participated in the raffle. Add in meeting some nice folks that we first had "met" online here at Cruise Critic...and it seemed like it was being promoted, not killed.

In this case yes, but if you read the thread, that seems to be the exception and not the norm. And the trying to kill was also based on Royal specifically not updating the website with the time and date the way they had for the previous 10 years.

I quit cruising 4 years ago due to age and health, Wanted to do one more. Booked Oasis for 10-15-17 . I signed up to roll call about 4 weeks ago. No more post since then and only 18 signed up for meet and mingle. Something seems to be going on. Not sure if it is the cruise line not being attentive of people or they are not interested . The last cruise I noticed participation was down.

I quit cruising 4 years ago due to age and health, Wanted to do one more. Booked Oasis for 10-15-17 . I signed up to roll call about 4 weeks ago. No more post since then and only 18 signed up for meet and mingle. Something seems to be going on. Not sure if it is the cruise line not being attentive of people or they are not interested . The last cruise I noticed participation was down.

I suspect several factors. From Oasis intro through 2016, I never saw on Oasis class roll call with less than 800 posts. i have a friend leaving on Oasis in a couple of weeks and their roll call is around 100 posts, Unheard of a year or so ago. Part of it maybe the toxic posts in this forum that you hear people complaining about on Facebook. I try, mostly successfully to avoid that. :halo:

I don't know if RCCL have read this thread but if you look at the Confirmed Party List today the times and locations have popped up on most cruises (not Jewel of the Seas which is what I was looking for but hey). However please do not trust the times/places quoted here, I have known both change on board. Check your cabin on boarding day for your invite to confirm, if it isn't there nip along to Guest Services after the rush has died down..