Silhouette Penthouse Suite, March 12-19, 2017 - Blog

SerraG

Here is a blog of our Eastern Caribbean sailing aboard the Silhouette last week:

http://celebrity2017penthouse.blogspot.com/2017/03/departure.html

About two days before our trip, we got "the call" and were upgraded to a penthouse suite, which was amazing. (I'm pretty sure we've used up all our luck for the rest of our lives.) If you only want to see pictures of the penthouse, they are here: http://celebrity2017penthouse.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-tour-of-silhouette-penthouse-suite.html

Please excuse typos and grammar errors, as I had to type everything with my thumbs into my phone.

I'm happy to answer any questions about our trip!

Wonderful review. Mary Lou, I believe they were upgraded from 2 Aqua Class rooms which is AMAZING. Am I reading this correctly OP? There is some information about the upgrade under their first evening in Luminae. I am only half way through the review and looking forward to finishing it. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing.

What a great surprise. I don't think I would ever get off the ship with a cabin like that. You are definitely spoiled for life. Love your little girl and I wish I could hear her piano playing.

What a great upgrade. What suite were you originally booked in? Have you cruised with Celebrity often?

This was our fourth Celebrity cruise.

We originally had booked two connecting aqua class cabins. I think we were upgraded because Celebrity was able to combine our group into the penthouse and resell the other two cabins. Grandma ended up sleeping on the pull-out couch, while our daughter was on a roll-away bed. I can imagine that there are some groups who would turn down such an arrangement, but it worked perfectly for us. When they offered us the room, they said that they could not even guarantee a roll-away bed, but we said that would be okay. We joked, "That's fine, our daughter can just sleep under the piano." :)

Edited by SerraG

This was our fourth Celebrity cruise.

We originally had booked two connecting aqua class cabins. I think we were upgraded because Celebrity was able to combine our group into the penthouse and resell the other two cabins. Grandma ended up sleeping on the pull-out couch, while our daughter was on a roll-away bed. I can imagine that there are some groups who would turn down such an arrangement, but it worked perfectly for us. When they offered us the room, they said that they could not even guarantee a roll-away bed, but we said that would be okay. We joked, "That's fine, our daughter can just sleep under the piano." :)

Did you pay for the upgrade or was it priced at the same as two AQ cabins?

Congratulations on your upgrade. We have our first PH S class experience soon and can't wait. Unfortunately ours was not thanks to the upgrade fairy but we have at least been able to look forward to it for a long time!

Hope you really enjoy all the perks of a top suit! I hope you realise after this any other room will seem small in comparison!

I loved reading your review and seeing your pictures Well done!! What a great trip, made even better by the upgrade to the penthouse suite! I really appreciate your very honest review of the food and service. Everything isn't always perfect, but overall, sounds like it was a very memorable cruise/vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us!!

We are booked in a royal suite on the Equinox for next month so I'm definitely enjoying the sneak peek into all the suite perks. We've sailed several cruises enjoying the suite life on Princess, Carnival, and RCL (smaller ship so no butler suite class offered) but this will be our first time seeing what Celebrity's suite life is like.

I noticed that you enjoyed many plates of sushi in your cabin instead of heading out to the restaurants for dinner. Does this mean that you can get food from the specialty restaurants delivered to your suite or was that from the regular dining menus?

Did you pay for the upgrade or was it priced at the same as two AQ cabins?

We did not pay anything extra for the upgrade. We just paid the price for the two AQ cabins.

Edited by SerraG

I noticed that you enjoyed many plates of sushi in your cabin instead of heading out to the restaurants for dinner. Does this mean that you can get food from the specialty restaurants delivered to your suite or was that from the regular dining menus?

In general, we were told that you can only get food from the room service menu. This means that normally you can't even get meals from Luminae (the designated suite dining room) delivered to your room. I have heard some people say that their butler did this for them anyway, but ours would not.

However, on our particular sailing, they were offering "Sushi on Five To Go", so we were able to order sushi and have our butler pick it up for us.

In general, we were told that you can only get food from the room service menu. This means that normally you can't even get meals from Luminae (the designated suite dining room) delivered to your room. I have heard some people say that their butler did this for them anyway, but ours would not.

However, on our particular sailing, they were offering "Sushi on Five To Go", so we were able to order sushi and have our butler pick it up for us.

Hmm, will have to see if that's also available on our sailing. Would be a good way to try Sushi on Five even though only one of us likes seafood. Thanks for the reply!