Average age on Celebrity

NOSaints1

We're in our mid 30s but what is the average age on Celebrity and the new edge is that to appeal more to younger or older people? Is Celebrity a cruise line where you have to totally dress up or more casual such as khakis and a collared shirt or suit and tie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would guess that the average would be 55...They have done away with the formal night's so you can dress a lot more casual or dress up if you want too. There is no way to tell about the Edge as it hasn't sailed yet but I think for the first couple of years it would be a younger crowd.

J.

My husband and I (now 30) have been cruising Celebrity since we were 25 and it is our cruise line of choice. I have many friends that would NOT enjoy X. When my husband and I cruise we are looking for good food and relaxation. We are not into clubs or partying.

Also, we like the decor of X. We are not into seashells and bright colors. X reminds us more of a modern hotel, especially the new Edge class!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Different itineraries would have different average ages. Are you looking at 7 night Bermuda on summer vacation? Lots of families. 14 night South America would have a much older average and almost no young people or families. Spring break is different than Baltic. Etc etc.

What's a good ship for first timers, were not into partying just relaxing enjoying good food

Summit to Bermuda from NJ. Nice three days relaxing in Bermuda on and off whenever you want. Go end of May early June before kids get out of school in Northeast.

We're not big drinkers and I Bermuda is on my bucket list

Also, you have to go out of New York Harbor once. This year is special in Bermuda because the American's cup yacht race is held there.

Edited by dkjretired

7 nights out of Miami are going to have plenty of young people.

14 nights will be an older crowd.

We have been sailing them since 2012 and love it. We like to spend our days reading and vegging. Like a glass of wine in the afternoon and with dinner.

The MDR is not gormet dining, but is decent.

My husband and I (now 30) have been cruising Celebrity since we were 25 and it is our cruise line of choice. I have many friends that would NOT enjoy X. When my husband and I cruise we are looking for good food and relaxation. We are not into clubs or partying.

Also, we like the decor of X. We are not into seashells and bright colors. X reminds us more of a modern hotel, especially the new Edge class!

I agree 100%, I'm 30 and my husband is 32 - we started with Celebrity..tried NCL and went back to Celebrity. It's perfect for us - we enjoy fine dining, quality drinks and service. Décor is modern but not tacky and we enjoy relaxing and dressing up for a nice evening compared to hitting a club or partying.

Been there and done that on other ships; Celebrity fits our needs, wants and is the perfect for us at this time in our lives, especially traveling back and forth to Europe!

For us, it is more our mindset than anything to do with age. We love educational journeys!

Edited by Lastdance

Baby boomers (55-75 primarily) with exceptions at both ends of the scale.

Some older people act younger and some younger people act older than their ages so there's always that.

Celebrity is relaxing it's dress codes so you don't see much dressing up anymore.

Summit to Bermuda from NJ. Nice three days relaxing in Bermuda on and off whenever you want. Go end of May early June before kids get out of school in Northeast.

I agree with Don. The new terminal is beautiful and very efficient. On and off as quickly as humanly possible. Enjoy Bermuda either on or off the ship. Nice to come and go as you please for a few days. The Summit was in dry dock lest year and had a face lift. There are only three specialty restaurants. Captains and staff are great. Blu restaurant is particularly nice. Get an AQ cabin. If you like too toast in the sun, deck 11. If you like to lounge outside but prefer some shade on your balcony, choose deck 9, where there is an overhang from the deck above. This is our choice and we love it..

We're 60 and most folks on our last 3 Celebrity trips appear to be older than us. Lots of motorized scooters and folks with movement issues. That's not to say that there aren't younger folks on board, but they are definitely in the minority.

Dressing up for the 'Chic' nights is still pretty prevalent, although it's not as dressy as it used to be and not as many folks dress up as much as they used to. Collared shirts and 'big boy' or long pants for the men. Pretty much anything other than beach wear for the ladies.

We started with X in our 30s...we are 40 now...we love to drink and have a good time along with good food...we love X for a relaxing vacation. We always get the premium beverage package and definitely get our monies worth! U will love it. It's just the right amount of fun mixed in with great food and a lovely atmosphere....taking a 10 night on Equinox in April! Ohhh and the ships are immaculate. Been on Summit to Bermuda, Silhouette to Greece and doing Equinox Caribbean....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

We're in our mid 30s but what is the average age on Celebrity and the new edge is that to appeal more to younger or older people? Is Celebrity a cruise line where you have to totally dress up or more casual such as khakis and a collared shirt or suit and tie.

No, you don't have to "totally dress up".

Do they have activities suited to a younger crowd

What kind of activities are you looking for?

Do they have activities suited to a younger crowd

It depends what you are looking for. My most recent Carnival cruise was for a bachelorette party. You will not find on Celebrity belly flop contest, drink mixing contest by the pool, and so on. There will be a pool volleyball game. At night the "clubs" are quiet on celebrity with the most activity usually at the martini bar. The 2 lines are very, very different and each is an expertise in its niche. If I want to party with my girlfriends, I go to carnival. If I want to spend quality time with my husband, enjoy a dinner, a glass of wine, it's Celebrity.

On our last celebrity cruise we personally did not see any others our age and ending up hanging out with a lot of the crew. (It was a 10 day Caribbean sailing in December FYI). My Celebrity experiences have all been on 10, 12 night sailing which naturally attracts an older crowd. It's very rare to see younger cruisers. We always end up making friends with the crew on Celebrity. Many of which we still keep in touch. With that being said, the schedule has several activities, it is just different than Carnival.

Hope this helps :)