Questions for Diamonds please - what will be different on my first Diamond cruise?

Truluv

No, your sister will not be eligible for the Diamond Lounge. You cannot give others your vouchers, since they are electronic and attached to your SeaPass card. However, you can buy her drinks with your vouchers.

What I have highlighted is NOT supposed to happen....they are for the Diamond cruiser to enjoy, not others. When I have asked for two drinks at a bar they have asked to the seapass of the other person who the second drink is for to make sure they are a Diamond member.

She can't join you in the DL, and you are not supposed to 'share your drink vouchers'.

If you order drinks and hand your diamond seacard to server you can order 3 drinks regardless of who they are for.Its always a good idea to give server a couple of dollars with your seapass as they dont get a gratuity for diamond drinks.

Love RCCL and P&O.

What I have highlighted is NOT supposed to happen....they are for the Diamond cruiser to enjoy, not others. When I have asked for two drinks at a bar they have asked to the seapass of the other person who the second drink is for to make sure they are a Diamond member.

I Like i said hand a couple of dollars with your seapass i have never been refused 3 drinks in 1 visit.

Love RCCL and P&O.

We met someone in the Diamond Lounge that used their free coupon for bottled water. At Diamond Plus, we each get a coke, the snacks, and four bottles of water. I think you do get a single serving wine in the amenity gift.

We usually get in a shorter line, but on the Legend in 2014, the Diamond+ were moved to a longer line than our with our JS.

You also get one free photo each.

I wanted to add how handy the Diamond Concierge can be. He can clean up problem w/ you bill thus avoiding a trip to Guest Relations.

We met someone in the Diamond Lounge that used their free coupon for bottled water. At Diamond Plus, we each get a coke, the snacks, and four bottles of water. I think you do get a single serving wine in the amenity gift.

We usually get in a shorter line, but on the Legend in 2014, the Diamond+ were moved to a longer line than our with our JS.

You also get one free photo each.

I wanted to add how handy the Diamond Concierge can be. He can clean up problem w/ you bill thus avoiding a trip to Guest Relations.

Good advice.

Love RCCL and P&O.

I Like i said hand a couple of dollars with your seapass i have never been refused 3 drinks in 1 visit.

Love RCCL and P&O.

Funny but that could jeopardize their job.....and perhaps your continued enjoyment of YOUR benefits the rest of your cruise.

Funny but that could jeopardize their job.....and perhaps your continued enjoyment of YOUR benefits the rest of your cruise.

You are allowed 3 drinks nightly so if you get 3 drinks in one go or 1 drink in 3 visits it doesn't matter.If they give you more than 3 drinks on 1 card then it might be a problem for them.

Love RCCL and P&O.

At the diamond level if you do not drink alcohol, are you able to substitute the "3 drinks" for bottled water or can soda and if so, can you get the water and soda only from the diamond lounge or can you get it at any of the bars.

At the diamond level if you do not drink alcohol, are you able to substitute the "3 drinks" for bottled water or can soda and if so, can you get the water and soda only from the diamond lounge or can you get it at any of the bars.

I don't know about the bottled water, but you can certainly get soda in the lounge and at any bar by using the vouchers.

We've gotten soft drinks from the other bars.

I have Elite status with Celebrity which grants me Diamond status with Royal. This will be my first sailing on RCCL with this privledge. I have been receiving conflicting information as to where one may redeem the cocktail vouchers. Some posters write that you may utilize in the dining room, here, I read you may not. Clarification, please. We will be sailing on The Liberty in May.

Thank you,

Dawn

I have Elite status with Celebrity which grants me Diamond status with Royal. This will be my first sailing on RCCL with this privledge. I have been receiving conflicting information as to where one may redeem the cocktail vouchers. Some posters write that you may utilize in the dining room, here, I read you may not. Clarification, please. We will be sailing on The Liberty in May.

Thank you,

Dawn

You won't know for sure about the dining room until you are onboard. There should be a letter in your stateroom with details. If the letter does not cover the dining room, then just ask in the dining room. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you,

Dawn

Ask when you are in the MDR if you can use your drink vouchers. We politely and innocently asked and were able to get a glass or two of wine each with diner using our drink vouchers each evening of the cruise. I realize it's hit and miss but nerves hurts to ask. We were on the Explorer September2016. If our request would have been denied I would have left and got a couple of glasses of wine for each of us at the nearest bar. No biggie. We usually just stop at one of the lounges and get a glass of wine each to take in the dining room with us.

Thank you,

Dawn

Not a voucher as in a paper voucher if coupon - it is something loaded on to your sea pass card. I have never even tried to get a drink in the MDR with my 3 freebies - as I usually do my drinking in the Concierge Lounge and take something with me into the MDR.

Can 17 yrs olds go into D lounge for breakfast

Depends on ship. Our teenagers are both diamond and we're chased out of diamond lounge last year. They were told you had to be 21 or with parents. I have heard some people have trouble even if kids are with adults tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a question about the free picture. Is it one per stateroom or one per diamond member? I have 4 people in my family all who are diamond members. Would we be allowed 4 pictures or just 1?

One per adult Diamond member.

One per adult Diamond member.

Agreed, not that Bob needs the backup. Both of my Diamond cruises for far we have gotten one free picture each. It didn't matter the size or price. On Oasis we bought 4 and he gave us the two most expensive free.