Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

4 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Any comments on The Grandeur

suite 800? Is the balcony the same as the other Penthouse c’s.

No reviews in yet on 800 on any of the three Explorer class ships, unfortunately - but from looking at the deck plans it appears to have a smaller balcony.  And other front-facing cabin reviews have complained about the wind, which I personally think would be a definite issue.  If you plan on using the balcony, especially if you have a lot of sea days, I'd probably opt for a standard side-facing PH cabin.

22 hours ago, mrstanley said:

UUNetBill:

So how do I find out about the size of the balcony? Our TA says it’s the same size as the other PH C’s on the Grandeur.

That’s a good question.  Short of calling Regent directly (2% chance of finding the correct answer, IMO) or finding someone who has sailed in that cabin I couldn’t really tell you…

On 1/5/2024 at 12:05 PM, UUNetBill said:

No reviews in yet on 800 on any of the three Explorer class ships, unfortunately - but from looking at the deck plans it appears to have a smaller balcony.  And other front-facing cabin reviews have complained about the wind, which I personally think would be a definite issue.  If you plan on using the balcony, especially if you have a lot of sea days, I'd probably opt for a standard side-facing PH cabin.

The 700 and 900 cabins appear to be the same as 800 on the three Explorer class ships, and there is a review for both 700 and 900 on Splendor. There are some interesting comments for both of them.

From having just taken a cruise on Viking Ocean in cabin 4000, which is a large front cabin on deck 4. There are only 2 cabins in the front, with no access to the front "balcony" for the front cabins on Viking Mars. Access is only allowed to the side balconies (unless you want to open a small port in a bulkhead, and are small enough to make it through). On ships older than Mars, there were sliders to the front balconies, but now there are fixed windows.

We had to close all of our front curtains before it got dark at night to allow the bridge to not be disturbed. We heard the anchor extremely well when it was deployed. And on the days when seas were rough, we spent as much time as possible near the back of deck 1. We just changed cabins on one of our future cruises from near the front to mid ship to avoid a future problem. I would not book 700, 800 or 900 on any of the Regent  Explorer class ships.

Regent Seven Seas Explorer.  Cabin 1401

Very quiet.  Plenty of closet space.  Very comfortable bed.  Incredible shower.  Butler and cabin attendants were great.

Grandeur Any comments on  the two aft G2 sunset veranda cabins between the Master suites. example 880 and 881. Comments on aft vibration on this class?

Edited by CardowMD

On 1/15/2024 at 10:00 AM, CardowMD said:

Grandeur Any comments on  the two aft G2 sunset veranda cabins between the Master suites. example 880 and 881. Comments on aft vibration on this class?

I don't see any reviews on any of the three ships in this class for these specific cabins.  Good reviews for the adjoining cabins with no mention of vibrations.  It's been my experience on Explorer and Splendor that there's not a real vibration issue, especially compared to their other three ships.  Out of the fleet, only Navigator is consistently criticized for super-shaking aft passengers although there are complaints about Mariner and Voyager (which I haven't personally encountered).

I'd say you'd be fine in these cabins if the smaller size works for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Grandeur 636 - we like the midship location and the suite is fine (although smaller than we’ve previously had), but the insulation is bad.  We hear neighbors on both sides.  Also, annoying that the only way you can see the TV is if you are in bed - it doesn’t have an extend arm that allows you to see from the couch.  We don’t watch TV, so it’s not a big deal to us, but we do like to look at the online menus.

• Thanks 2

Hi BIll, 

Here's a contribution for Grandeur 743 -- Penthouse C. This ship is beautiful. Food was outstanding and service amazing. Regent still can't get the theater right -- those damn red chairs and unmovable cocktail tables make certain rows impossible to enter. But that's the only fault we saw. 99% ain't bad. Hope you get to sail her soon.

John

CC Rating Grandeur 743.xls

• Thanks 1

Just did a 10 day Grandeur in suite 732. We have also done 732/733 on the Explorer and the Splendor. The F1 category is very nice. Much larger than the Veranda category. And they are the same size at the Concierge suites. These two suites are near the forward elevators too. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Splendor 651 (Veranda Suite): Very comfortable bed.  Very large shower cabin (no tub). Only one sink in bathroom. No walk-in closet, but more than enough closet and drawer space for a one-week Caribbean cruise.  Large veranda.