Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Mariner Penthouse B 927.  15 night NYC to MIA.  Very quiet cabin and very spacious.   Convenient location.  Very comfy bed.  Two reclinable seats on the balcony with cushions.  Loved the walk-in closet with tons of hangers.  Only complaint is the tub.  For this reason only we would not book this cabin again. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Brutieboy said:

Hello Bill, we will be in Suite 919 on Mainer for the WC24.  This is an accessible suite but I cannot find anyone who has stayed in this suite as to what it is like.  Can you help me?

I wish I could, but unfortunately I'm just a typical Regent customer who consolidates passenger inputs into these spreadsheets.  I don't have any insider information nor do I have any experience sailing in the accessible suites, sorry.

Have you tried looking on YouTube or googling that particular suite (or similar suites on Mariner?)

Good luck...

18 hours ago, Brutieboy said:

Hello Bill, we will be in Suite 919 on Mainer for the WC24.  This is an accessible suite but I cannot find anyone who has stayed in this suite as to what it is like.  Can you help me?

Hi, we were in 829, which is the same suite, in the same position, one deck down. 

We'd never been on Mariner before, so I can't much compare it to the standard suite, which of course is smaller than the other ships like Voyager or Navigator.  That being said, it felt more spacious than the standard probably would have, mainly because there's no walk-in closet I guess.

The bathroom had a walk-in (wheel-in) shower, with just a bit curtain around it, and the mods that you would expect.  The shower was messy, i.e., lots of water spashed around, but the stewards took good care of that. There was a small closet built-in and then a wardrobe as well.  Plus some drawers. There was plenty of storage, we found (for an 18-day cruise.)

There were ramps everywhere, into the bathroom, out to the balcony, for instance. Other accommodations perhaps that I've forgotten.

We were content, it worked decently for us, but then we weren't disabled at the time, so not sure how it would work if you were.  (In fact, with balance issues now, we might find those ramps to be challenging.)

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Hi, we were in 829, which is the same suite, in the same position, one deck down. 

We'd never been on Mariner before, so I can't much compare it to the standard suite, which of course is smaller than the other ships like Voyager or Navigator.  That being said, it felt more spacious than the standard probably would have, mainly because there's no walk-in closet I guess.

The bathroom had a walk-in (wheel-in) shower, with just a bit curtain around it, and the mods that you would expect.  The shower was messy, i.e., lots of water spashed around, but the stewards took good care of that. There was a small closet built-in and then a wardrobe as well.  Plus some drawers. There was plenty of storage, we found (for an 18-day cruise.)

There were ramps everywhere, into the bathroom, out to the balcony, for instance. Other accommodations perhaps that I've forgotten.

We were content, it worked decently for us, but then we weren't disabled at the time, so not sure how it would work if you were.  (In fact, with balance issues now, we might find those ramps to be challenging.)

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this information.

Bill: Please input.

Grandeur 608, E, DeepFreeze63, Nov. 23, Port, Forward,

big balcony, 1, shower/tub, None, ABSOLUTELY, easy access to forward elevators, forward elevators go 3 to 14.

Grandeur 662, E, DeepFreeze63, Nov. 23, Port, Aft,

big balcony, 1, shower/tub, None, Yes, aft elevators only go 5 to 11.

Thanks, Jim C.

On 12/8/2023 at 6:25 AM, traveljkkk said:

Bill - attached is review of Explorer 756 October/November 2023CC Rating Template.xlsCC Rating Template.xlsCC Rating Template.xls

Got it, thanks!

On 12/10/2023 at 7:25 AM, DeepFreeze63 said:

Bill: Please input.

Grandeur 608, E, DeepFreeze63, Nov. 23, Port, Forward,

big balcony, 1, shower/tub, None, ABSOLUTELY, easy access to forward elevators, forward elevators go 3 to 14.

Grandeur 662, E, DeepFreeze63, Nov. 23, Port, Aft,

big balcony, 1, shower/tub, None, Yes, aft elevators only go 5 to 11.

Thanks, Jim C.

Jim, thanks and congratulations for having the first Grandeur reviews!!

Hi Bill. I can't download the template so here is our review of suites 932 and 934 on the Explorer. (We were a party of 4)

F1 suites, midship, port, reviewed by Techno, equidistant from forward and aft stairs/elevators

1 bathroom with tub/shower which was sunk into floor so shallow to step in but deeper to step out and separate shower which was a decent size, twin sinks, plenty of storage

no external noise but significant high frequency vibration so noise from rattling

stay again - probably not although you did eventually acclimatise to vibration

Good - most things - suite was spacious, lots of storage, loved bed facing balcony but this meant a bit tight on side by the wall, comfortable reclining chairs on balcony.

bad - similar to same suites on Splendour-  significant high frequency vibration issues whilst docked and underway, closet door had to be jammed to stop it rattling, ceiling tiles rattling had been 'fixed' with a USA today by previous customers 932 (we got Regent to sort it). Worse by door, bathroom and top of bed - less troublesome by balcony. Seemed to come from other side of corridor behind 'staff' doors - noisy, vibrating machinery of some sort.

Edited by Techno123

On 12/16/2023 at 12:30 PM, Mahogany said:

Any info on Deck 6 of Splendor? We have booked 3 suites between 626 and 633 for July in Northern Europe.

Mahogany, there's not much in the spreadsheets on these cabins - the closest I could find was a review for 634 on Explorer (sister ship so same basic layout) that liked the cabin but echoed my thoughts on the G cabins - if there's any way to stretch the extra $800 or so per cabin to move to an F2 it's money well spent.  I know people say "Oh, we don't spend a lot of time in our cabin" and while that may be true, the extra space sure does make things more relaxing, IMO.  

Some folks disagree with me, and I've known people who sail in the Cat H cabins and love them, too, so it really is a matter of personal wants...but it's something to think about.

Now having said that, there's nothing wrong with the G cabins, they're tastefully decorated, comfortable, and of course all have balconies - and they're still larger than the cabins on many other cruise lines.  Maybe someone who has sailed in these cabins will see this and be prompted to submit some reviews for me to add - but if not, I look forward to seeing YOUR reviews when you get back from your cruise!  🙂

Enjoy!

Bill, please post, thank you, Jan

Grandeur, 780, F1, November 18, Port, Aft, large balcony, 1, shower & tub, noise—mostly quiet but when sitting on couch could clearly hear voices from next door; recommend—yes; comments—smooth sailing on rough seas

Happy holidays to you and your family🎄!

12 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Mahogany, there's not much in the spreadsheets on these cabins - the closest I could find was a review for 634 on Explorer (sister ship so same basic layout) that liked the cabin but echoed my thoughts on the G cabins - if there's any way to stretch the extra $800 or so per cabin to move to an F2 it's money well spent.  I know people say "Oh, we don't spend a lot of time in our cabin" and while that may be true, the extra space sure does make things more relaxing, IMO.  

Some folks disagree with me, and I've known people who sail in the Cat H cabins and love them, too, so it really is a matter of personal wants...but it's something to think about.

Now having said that, there's nothing wrong with the G cabins, they're tastefully decorated, comfortable, and of course all have balconies - and they're still larger than the cabins on many other cruise lines.  Maybe someone who has sailed in these cabins will see this and be prompted to submit some reviews for me to add - but if not, I look forward to seeing YOUR reviews when you get back from your cruise!  🙂

Enjoy!

Thanks, Bill, for the info. My problem is a financial one. The 18-day cruise has 0 Single Supplement, and for me as a single to upgrade to F will be another $9000. Ridiculous, no? I was in F on Explorer, but that was a few years ago, and the price was right then.

26 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

Thanks, Bill, for the info. My problem is a financial one. The 18-day cruise has 0 Single Supplement, and for me as a single to upgrade to F will be another $9000. Ridiculous, no? I was in F on Explorer, but that was a few years ago, and the price was right then.

I get it.  It’s worth the stretch for some, not for others.  For $9k, I’d book the G as well.  Can do a lot of other fun stuff with that money…