Carnival staggered checkin: how early can you register for your time slot?

I'm fully paid for Carnival Pride to Bermuda mid October 2017. I (eagerly) checked in online a couple months ago. There was no box to check for staggered checkin preference.

I called Carnival then and they said I "must be too early".

I've gone back to my online info and still see nothing regarding this.

I've not printed my boarding pass since want to make sure I have the checkin time included.

Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Experience, guidance, advice regarding this are welcome. Thanks:)

Hmmm, you should be able to do it now. I just checked on mine and did October and even the ones I have booked for next year (I don't usually worry about it too much as we are Platinum and the time slot for us is really irrelevant).

If you go into you cruise manager page (to use cruise manager, you need to make sure you "registered" your cruise to your account), then make sure you are on the correct cruise "tab" if you have more than one booked. On the left hand side of the screen it should show a blue box that says "to do list", and there will be an option in here for "online check in," click this. Once in this page there are boxes on the left hand side with different options, one should be "my check in time" click on this to edit.

Hmmm, you should be able to do it now. I just checked on mine and did October and even the ones I have booked for next year (I don't usually worry about it too much as we are Platinum and the time slot for us is really irrelevant).

If you go into you cruise manager page (to use cruise manager, you need to make sure you "registered" your cruise to your account), then make sure you are on the correct cruise "tab" if you have more than one booked. On the left hand side of the screen it should show a blue box that says "to do list", and there will be an option in here for "online check in," click this. Once in this page there are boxes on the left hand side with different options, one should be "my check in time" click on this to edit.

Thanks. Have searched my cruise manager and done all this. Still no box. May indeed be too early.

It tends to depend on the port as to when you are allowed to choose your check in time.

We cruise in Sept from Port Canaveral and can not choose a check in time yet. We were told that at 100 days prior it would become available...but i still check everyday.

Interesting. Have you checked in, then later while online successfully added stagger time at a later date? My concern is I checked in too early.

Specifically though, my last cruise with Carnival was prior to this "staggered" option. As for this next cruise, I'll continue to check regularly. Will pay attention to the "100 days prior". Thanks for your advice, along with that of others so far on this thread.

Thanks. Have searched my cruise manager and done all this. Still no box. May indeed be too early.

OK, I finally found where they've actually assigned something labelled "boarding time" between 2-4. I wonder if that is what would be considered "staggered" time, or more along the lines of plain old general boarding time.

Interesting. Have you checked in, then later while online successfully added stagger time at a later date? My concern is I checked in too early.

Specifically though, my last cruise with Carnival was prior to this "staggered" option. As for this next cruise, I'll continue to check regularly. Will pay attention to the "100 days prior". Thanks for your advice, along with that of others so far on this thread.

My cruise in June was like this when I booked it. It will show up about 100 days out but keep checking.

I have selected my time 6 months out. Actually a little more than that. You don't need to be paid in full, and you need to physically go into your online check in. You won't see it on the main page where it shows your cabin number, fare paid, bed set up request, etc. You have to click to start your online check in. It will be there if it's available.

We sailed on March 19th and the option to pick a staggered check-in time didn't show up till around 5 weeks before we cruised. I can't believe that with the at least daily e-mails I got from Carnival, they couldn't email us to let us know staggered check-in was finally available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on March 19th and the option to pick a staggered check-in time didn't show up till around 5 weeks before we cruised. I can't believe that with the at least daily e-mails I got from Carnival, they couldn't email us to let us know staggered check-in was finally available.

We also sailed 3/19 and check in selection for our cruise became available on 9/3.

What I've learned is that "it depends". A friend is taking another Carnival Cruise embarking two days after ours, and they have been able to choose their time for months, now, and folks on our cruise still cannot.

What I've learned is that "it depends". A friend is taking another Carnival Cruise embarking two days after ours, and they have been able to choose their time for months, now, and folks on our cruise still cannot.

Lots of interesting insights. Yes, does seem "it depends". Have learned many things reading various threads. Thankful to have this as a resource.

Will try to remember to update this thread once I am actually able to choose my time.

As my name says, will continue to Cruise to Smile:D

We are sailing on New Years Eve 2017 and booked 10 months out and was able to choose my check in time right after I booked. I'm guessing that some people may not be looking in the right spot. Its not visible in the Cruise Manager until AFTER you choose your check-in time. You have to click "Online Checkin". Once that pulls up it is on the left-hand side of the page under the Current Guests Names. It says My Check In Time - Set up Embarkation Time. Once you choose your check-in time it will then show up on your Manage My Cruise page.

We are sailing on New Years Eve 2017 and booked 10 months out and was able to choose my check in time right after I booked. I'm guessing that some people may not be looking in the right spot. Its not visible in the Cruise Manager until AFTER you choose your check-in time. You have to click "Online Checkin". Once that pulls up it is on the left-hand side of the page under the Current Guests Names. It says My Check In Time - Set up Embarkation Time. Once you choose your check-in time it will then show up on your Manage My Cruise page.
Alas, that's not the issue for us... no sign of "My Check In Time - Set up Embarkation Time":

attachment.php?attachmentid=405441&d=1490468522

I am unable to get this as well. No My check in Time. We are sailing out of Port Canaveral so maybe that's why I don't know for sure. I'll keep Checking

I am unable to get this as well. No My check in Time. We are sailing out of Port Canaveral so maybe that's why I don't know for sure. I'll keep Checking

Yes could be! I have two cruises booked right now out of Miami and Seattle and was able to choose check-in time for both. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read on another thread a while back (sorry don't remember which one to share the link) that the port authority is actually who determines when the check in times can be released so it varies by port. I am waiting for Canaveral for next year also and it seems from what I have seen that they run quite a bit later than other ports. I am hoping that is just because it is new there and will begin to show up soon as time goes on. So I too continue to check daily (or more!).

We are going out of Fort Lauderdale in Dec 2017 and we were able to get out staggered time done right away even though we did not pay in full. I would suggest calling Carnival to find out if you are missing something. Good luck.