Why do you think it is ok to let your children run down hallways?

gizfish

Actually, the worst behavior I ever saw on a cruise ship was not from a child. A 60-70 ish woman in the buffet on Carnival was eating right next to me. When she ate something she didn't like, she would spit it on the floor!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now for better or worse next cruise (33 days, yay!) instead of relaxing in our cabin I'm going to be obsessively listening to see if I can hear any footsteps. Thanks all! ;)

*LOL* You would spend time trying to find out if your hearing and the people outside your cabin door are exactly like someone else's?

Actually, the worst behavior I ever saw on a cruise ship was not from a child. A 60-70 ish woman in the buffet on Carnival was eating right next to me. When she ate something she didn't like, she would spit it on the floor!

:o:o:o:o

Ewwww.

Maybe I'm a more paranoid than most grandmothers, but I worry about the children's safety. Pedifiles do go on cruises. We have read about rapes on cruises. It can happen. And in an instant. These are strangers on your neighborhood. Keep an eye on your children always. Give them freedom within your sight. Yes, on a ship.

Pediphile - sorry for the mistake.

Since you are kid free you have no idea about the instinct to protect your children when something happens to them. It is an instinctual response to do WHATEVER it takes to protect them from whatever the threat is. And yes. If someone lays their hands on my child. They are going down. Period.

My protective parental instincts don't go anywhere near wishing violence on someone simply making a joke.

Couldn't agree more, Gizfish. Saw quite a number of unsupervised children on our last cruise, of many age groups. I ended up using most of them as teaching opportunities for my 7 and 10 year old. Pointing out what those children were doing and why it was unacceptable behaviour and reinforcing how proud I was that my kids were listing well and treating staff and fellow passengers with respect. They was some of these unsupervised kids were treating the cruise staff was atrocious. Refusing to use hand sanitizer and laughing at how much mess they made in the buffet and other public places. Where were there parents? No idea. Clearly they thought they were on holidays from parenting too!

Wow! This could have been written by me, like 35 years ago! YES! That was the best way for me to teach my kids about unacceptable behavior!!! It really worked!!!! When I saw a child not being watched or maybe being watched, but out-of-control--I'd use it to talk to my kids about what's good and not good ways to behave!

LMAO because that's why....And I'm not even a parent. That is like saying why are drunks so loud and belligerent walking to their rooms while others are trying to sleep. Don't like kids then go on an adult cruise or a resort for adults...

*LOL* You would spend time trying to find out if your hearing and the people outside your cabin door are exactly like someone else's?

I'm mostly joking but I actually am curious as to whether or not I'll be able to hear anything. If I do I promise I will come back and rant about it. :)

Crown Princess 2007

Emerald Princess 2008

RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2010

Ruby Princess 2012

NCL Jewel 2013

NCL Jewel 2016

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2017

Emerald Princess 2017

I guess I've been really lucky. I've been on 8 cruises (Holland, Norwegian, Carnival), and my 9th is coming up in 3 days.

I rarely see children at all, on the ships. I my see them in the afternoon, in the buffet, when they come in for an ice cream snack, and once I saw a cluster of them, on a Holland ship, and they were participating in an organized scavenger hunt (they were really cute about it, too.) I have seen a few in hallways, but they always seemed polite and stepped aside for me.

I will admit, most of my cruises have been when school was in session, but one was in July, and I had no kid complaints. I am a widow in my early 60's and will be the first to sigh and roll my eyes when around disruptive children in public places .... but so far, cruise ships haven't been those places for me.

Now, once, on a Carnival ship, coming back from Alaska to Seattle, we stopped in Victoria (or Vancouver) and picked up a large number of overnight party cruisers. All the people who had already been on the ship just went to bed early, that night. It was terrible! Not a one of them was under 21. It was funny to see all the hungover people disembarking the next morning, though. Haven't sailed Carnival, since.

So because I don't particularly want kids screaming and running in the hallways at night/crawling on the ground/poopy diaper in the pool I need to relegate myself to a cruiseline which caters to senior citizens? Cool

We took a Panama Canal cruise on HAL and there were over 700 kids on board.

Sorry again! But, I would like to say that we have seen so many well behaved kids on our cruises. They were having fun. Kids will be kids, & I am very glad that they get to experience a cruise, many can't. The world is getting a lot smaller to us the more we travel, and meeting people one very special part of it.

Not posh just a bit larger. And yes we did experience this being done by kids running up and down the halls.

Perhaps those who get so upset by children having fun on vacation, should rent a private yacht? If any of thier grandchildren move from point A to point B at a speed that upsets them, they can have them walk the plank!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe I'm a more paranoid than most grandmothers, but I worry about the children's safety. Pedifiles do go on cruises. We have read about rapes on cruises. It can happen. And in an instant. These are strangers on your neighborhood. Keep an eye on your children always. Give them freedom within your sight. Yes, on a ship.

100% accurate. It floors me the number of parents who let small kids (ages 6 - 11) roam free on a ship.

Perhaps those who get so upset by children having fun on vacation, should rent a private yacht? If any of thier grandchildren move from point A to point B at a speed that upsets them, they can have them walk the plank!

Actually a great idea! :') :D

It's not the fact that kids (the subject of this thread) are doing what seems like fun (to them). It's the fact that they are being disruptive and inconsiderate, as stated by many who have posted their experiences including the OP who started this thread.

Enjoy your cruise!

Not sure about running, but what about screaming? !

We are returning from Gem's cruise which was great except for teens who decided that it was cool to talk and laugh loudly after midnight every night right next to our cabin. :(

Not sure about running, but what about screaming? !

We are returning from Gem's cruise which was great except for teens who decided that it was cool to talk and laugh loudly after midnight every night right next to our cabin. :(

Talking and laughing after midnight on a cruise? Shocking behaviour.

I'm mostly joking but I actually am curious as to whether or not I'll be able to hear anything. If I do I promise I will come back and rant about it. :)

*LOL*

If I can remember to, I will do the same! (But our next cruise is almost a year and a half away.... :( )