Reflection TA eastbound 21 April - Live!!!

UKPete71

The final Celebrity Today, Monday 8th May

5442b2a14d636ae459cce45c94be5b41.jpg

3b439fe34e465df1e3e2710e3ae4a39b.jpg

And so that was it. We arrived in Civitavecchia in the early hours of the morning.

d02e214f8d781acd517419710391b4e5.jpg

171e27c94a1d8406366ab689c85612fd.jpg

I had arranged a shuttle transfer with two other couple from our roll call. We met by Guest Relations at 8.20am and went straight off the ship. We soon had our bags and were in the shuttle heading for Rome at 8.50am, despite having booked a 9am pick-up.

Traffic was heavy by the time we got into Rome, with it taking approximately 1.5 hours to get to the first drop-off point.

And so that concludes the cruise. We're in Rome for a couple of days before we head to the UK, but I won't be posting updates on Rome.

The cruise has been great, and we've met many people, which I would say has been helped by a very active roll-call. A number of things were arranged there, from activities for the seven sea days as we crossed the Atlantic, right through to private tour excursions and post-cruise transfers.

The past three months is the most active I've been on Cruise Critic, and I'm sure that has contributed to a great time being had by both myself and my DW.

To those I've met over the past two and half weeks, thank you, and if you see me pop up on a roll-call of a cruise you're booked in please say hi!! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

d02e214f8d781acd517419710391b4e5.jpg

171e27c94a1d8406366ab689c85612fd.jpg

Thank you for your review, it's been great following your journey to Civitavecchia and I'm looking forward to checking in at that terminal in 11 days and boarding Reflection for the first time.

Thanks so much for all of the postings! Seems like a wonderful cruise with a great Roll Call. I felt like I was along for the ride. Only 41 days to wait for my turn! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Cheers!

Anyone know if it took Americans longer to get through customs ?

Do you mean at Civitavecchia? I walked off with two American couples and there was no customs check. Once we had our bags we walked straight out of the baggage reclaim area and headed for the mini-van waiting for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm already having withdrawals since you've gotten off the ship. Thank you so much for letting us tag along with you on your trip!!! We board in just a few weeks, and I'm so excited to see all the things you shared with us. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

I'm already having withdrawals since you've gotten off the ship. Thank you so much for letting us tag along with you on your trip!!!

I'm getting withdrawls too having got home from two days in Rome on Wednesday. :cool:

The thread allows me to revisit my holiday, so it's a kind of therapy for me too.

I do have some videos that I'll look to add over the weekend. Hopefully I've a time lapse of the sailaway from Miami, some choppy water in the Atlantic and a couple from some of the activities that were on board.

Hi,

We were on the same cruise & had a fantastic time. We are on about 3 or 4 of your photo's that you posted. One in particular in the theatre which when I showed my DH he said OMG look at my bald patch :-) his not mine. We are already having withdrawal systems to the point where we have booked to sail on Eclipse in September.

Marion

Pete

It was great meeting you on the cruise. I know what you mean about therapy. Looking through this thread took me back on-board.

I do need to touch base with you. Please send me an email when you get a minute.

lali3@ymail.com

Email sent. Please check your inbox. :cool:

Hi,

We were on the same cruise & had a fantastic time. We are on about 3 or 4 of your photo's that you posted. One in particular in the theatre which when I showed my DH he said OMG look at my bald patch :-) his not mine.

:')

Apologies for that. I know how he feels, so cut mine short to disguise it.

I finally got to download some videos from my iPhone and GoPro this evening. Here is a time lapse of our sail away from Miami. It was my first time using my GoPro, and I think it's come out ok.

QVU9dqpIt9k

In hindsight I could have positioned myself over the flag pole, however there was no seat there to have kept an eye on it.