Reflection TA eastbound 21 April - Live!!!

UKPete71

There are many Imade's its a very common name in Bali.

Norma

I have to give a shout out for I Made. He was fantastic!! And looks good and happy! Do you know there is another IMade on another ship? Someone mentioned IMade on a thread and I asked if he was on a particular itinerary and he said no. He was not that IMade.

Show your thread to IMade so he can see his fans comments! :D

The first night on EVERY Celebrity cruise has prime rib in the MDR. In the past the specialty dining packages required you dine in specialty on the first night. Therefore I have never bought the dining package.

We've purchased the dining packages both past and present and we're always able to switch away from the first night requirement once onboard and getting all our package nights scheduled. Have yet to be forced into the first night.

The MDR menu for last night.

71965afb4774beb136d2eeb669dfeba4.jpg

3db3086ec9c801f330d3d30e930270ed.jpg

The 7 and 9 show in Reflection Theatre was Fred Becker. He's a magician. The interaction with the audience during his tricks was funny.

Between his shows there was a 'Battle Of The Sexes' in Celebrity Central. Men won!! [emoji41]

9f02ac3a4cc20ec52f6edf8eb476241b.jpg

Other entertainment last night included a Motown Party in the Grand Foyer and a late night comedy show from Bengt Washburn in Celebrity Central. He's doing the same show again in there tonight. By the time we got there it was standing room only, so we'll try again tonight, and not leave until late to grab a seat!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know if Sushi is still being served in the afternoons at the Ocean View Cafe? Just wondering if they took it away with the new pay for Sushi restaurant.

Yes you are probably right about that it would make sense as people will have used their discounts up. What was the rate before you got your captains club discount? Did they say that it was cheaper to buy in advance rather than on the ship? :) like you we will be buying it, just want the best rate ;)

Sorry for just now replying...been busy packing today. :D I believe the cost was around $295 for a 10-13 night cruise. By booking ahead of the cruise, you save 10%. The cost online was $269. ;) And then I got 35% off of that.

Edited by Iamthesea

Do you know if Sushi is still being served in the afternoons at the Ocean View Cafe? Just wondering if they took it away with the new pay for Sushi restaurant.

Sorry for just now replying...been busy packing today. :D I believe the cost was around $295 for a 10-13 night cruise. By booking ahead of the cruise, you save 10%. The cost online was $269. ;) And then I got 35% off of that.

Thanks I'll look into that then :)

Last year when we did a b2b on Reflection they had taken away the sushi in ocean view. Not sure if they've returned it :(

We are in the process of a scavenger hunt onboard today, Friday, with a big party in the Reflection Suite...everyone is having so much fun and sharing false information about where to find certain things, people etc. I have never laughed so hard or been so tired, as the ship was rocking back and forth like a drunken sailor...

0db50a9c22eb46e4d1f72f40568b34b9.jpg

The items to find for the hunt were...

4265c2aeb85c7292aa3c80182165eea4.jpg

Everyone had until 4pm to find the items, before converging in the Reflection Suite for drinks and canapés before the winning team was revealed.

5c8eaddcb3ce5293b99385e407937c55.jpg

Just after 8pm last night the Captain announced that we had been travelling through some low pressure, with wind gusts of over 50 knots (57.5mph) and waves of around 17/18 feet. [emoji54]

I have a video taken from our balcony but I can't seem to upload it via the Cruise Critic app whilst on board.

I found out this morning that the 9pm show in Reflection Theatre last night was cancelled due to the ship movement.

Last night's menus from the MDR...

ff49dbc737076578355f1b71a9992d5d.jpg

c5d49d93b91ac4f2ced26ab2378d00c1.jpg

We made it to Celebrity Central for Bengt Washburn's late night comedy show. It wasn't as busy as the night before, but given the movement of the ship I wasn't surprised.

d1ff59ecd06fcf091f02d455b2d9cf12.jpg

I plotted the navigation position the Captain gave in his daily announcement this morning into Google to see where we actually are.

437a52444fa2a2b3e2be75ea90424ef0.jpg

El Hierro in the Canary Islands is the closest land to us, 270 miles forward. Tenerife, our first port of call, is 380 miles away. The Captain expects to approach Santa Cruz de Tenerife at around 7am local time tomorrow.

Did a CC team win the scavenger hunt?

It was an event put together for those in our Cruise Critic roll call. We've been very lucky that the group staying in the Reflection Suite have been very hospitable to everyone on our roll call and were great hosts yesterday.

Thanks I'll look into that then :)

Last year when we did a b2b on Reflection they had taken away the sushi in ocean view. Not sure if they've returned it :(

I hope so! That will be sad, and it's also a dirty trick for Celebrity to take it away so that passengers now have to pay for it.:(

Just after 8pm last night the Captain announced that we had been travelling through some low pressure, with wind gusts of over 50 knots (57.5mph) and waves of around 17/18 feet. [emoji54]

I have a video taken from our balcony but I can't seem to upload it via the Cruise Critic app whilst on board.

I found out this morning that the 9pm show in Reflection Theatre last night was cancelled due to the ship movement.

El Hierro in the Canary Islands is the closest land to us, 270 miles forward. Tenerife, our first port of call, is 380 miles away. The Captain expects to approach Santa Cruz de Tenerife at around 7am local time tomorrow.

Yikes on the seas!

If you have not booked anything for Tenerife, I can highly recommend a tour that we took with Celebrity a year and a half ago. If was to La Oratava. The title of the tour had something to do with music. Our tour guides were dressed in costume and the tour consisted of a cross between a musical and an interactive play. It was one of the best tours that we have ever taken. Different and fun! The tour was an old day thing and we went to other places before heading to La Oratava.

whomever it is in the Relflection Suite seem like lovely people! This looks like the 2nd roll call event they've hosted so far? Its amazing to see everyone getting together :hearteyes: I had never considered the idea of a TA cruise but from this thread it looks like amazing fun.

Where did you find some? I asked the provisioning officer and he told me they were used in a cocktail at the bar on top deck... but I want just plain coconut drink.

They were in the OVC for lunch; sorry that I did not note that in my post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whomever it is in the Relflection Suite seem like lovely people! This looks like the 2nd roll call event they've hosted so far? Its amazing to see everyone getting together :hearteyes: I had never considered the idea of a TA cruise but from this thread it looks like amazing fun.

They've shown at the end of TWO separate cabin crawls as well as hosting yesterday.

Hi Peter - thanks for your updates, very interesting especially as we sail on her in June.

Any chance you could find out who is the Maitre'd in Murano restaurant.

The Maitre'd at the moment is Leon. He is due leave shortly but said he will be back on board 8th June.

If you happen to see Julie Sherrington (the Guest Relations Manager) onboard, would you mind asking if she'll still be on Reflection in July/August? Would love to hear she's on out sailing. TIA :).

I saw her briefly this morning. She said she's on board until July. I didn't ask for an exact date as I was heading for a shore excursion.

I saw her briefly this morning. She said she's on board until July. I didn't ask for an exact date as I was heading for a shore excursion.

Thanks for checking. I do hope she's on for our cruise, but knowing our luck, it's possible she'll have just left (we board at the end of July). Thanks again for asking and glad you're having such a wonderful time :).