Newspaper during a transatlantic

Mijo

This is my first transatlantic with Royal Caribbean and I was wondering if the ship prints mini newspapers from different countries like the US, Canada and Australia during this itinerary. I can live without it but it's nice to get a bit of news without having to watch tv....

I've always found the mini newspapers near the Pursers desk on all cruises including T/As, they are about 3 or 4 pages with world wide sports, stocks and news printed for various nations.

I've always found the mini newspapers near the Pursers desk on all cruises including T/As, they are about 3 or 4 pages with world wide sports, stocks and news printed for various nations.

Have not seen that on Royal in years.

Not on any Royal ships I've been on in the past 10 years or so.

Was on another cruise line TA last year and was offered this service for €3.50 per day.

tnt10

I know we complain about the cruise lines nickle and diming us to death, but this is something I would pay for. Only on a cruise do I have time to sit and leasurly read. I would love the opportunity to be able to read a real newspaper cover to cover. :cool:

How long has it been since you've cruised on RCI? I have seen them but not for many years. Guess they figure most people have the internet now.

When I cruised to Hawaii with Celebrity (15 days) in 2013 we had them daily. I also had them when I went around South America (49 days) with Princess. The cruise line does have to pay the newspaper company (the name escapes me but they make them especially for cruise ships) to have the right to print them that's why they only have them for the longer cruise... I guess RCI hasn't had them for years.. too bad cause I quite enjoyed reading them and they were super popular.... everyday they would run out...

How long has it been since you've cruised on RCI? I have seen them but not for many years. Guess they figure most people have the internet now.

Now that I think about it we've been on Celebrity mostly the last 12 years so you may be right about RCCL not having them, but Celebity sure does.

Then you haven't cruised wil RCL in at least ten years!....:confused: