Adventure heading to dry dock in January 2018?

please advise as to the altered itinerary. Even though that's one of the acceptable dates I couldn't find a cruise offered that day.

Well, it's not exactly a 5 day replacement...

Feb 12- Miami.

Feb 13, 14 at sea

Feb 15 St Thomas

Feb 16 St Maarten

Feb 17 San Juan

I can confirm that we each got $200.

Called and got us moved to Jewel on 1/21. Simple process after the looong wait on hold. We are ok with the new itinerary and the OBC works. Now to change the flights and get the change fees reimbursed.

We booked while onboard last Jan for the same b2b2b weeks. Called first thing this morning and rebooked for Jewel 1/14,1/21 and 1/28. Also recieved a price match as well as the OBC promised. Luckily able to grab the same cabin for two of three weeks. Will move a few doors down on the last week.

Well, it's not exactly a 5 day replacement...

Feb 12- Miami.

Feb 13, 14 at sea

Feb 15 St Thomas

Feb 16 St Maarten

Feb 17 San Juan

I can confirm that we each got $200.

A note about OUR rebooking- or redeployment... our original re-book didn't include our C&A discount, and it took some extra work to make sure we got that. It may be related to the fact that the new cruise is totally unique, but just so you know to make sure.

So we had a $100 OBC attached to our cancelled sailing. I would assume if we switch to one of the other alternatives the OBC would total $300.

I also find it humorous (if not plain deceptive) to list the cruises as "sold out" rather than "cancelled."

So we had a $100 OBC attached to our cancelled sailing. I would assume if we switch to one of the other alternatives the OBC would total $300.

I also find it humorous (if not plain deceptive) to list the cruises as "sold out" rather than "cancelled."

Yes, that's what happened to us. We also had $100 OBC from booking on board, and they added the $400 OBC (suite level) to the existing $100.

I'm on the phone right now about the Feb10 '18 cruise- right now, it looks as if it's been shortened to 5 nights, starting on Feb 12. So still Valentine's day.

(the Jewel on Feb 11 isn't available, as it's contracted out- so it's good we didn't keep that cruise.)

Wow, how did you find out about the Jewel sailing? We're have it booked with the week before! Haven't heard from Royal yet.

Wow, how did you find out about the Jewel sailing? We're have it booked with the week before! Haven't heard from Royal yet.

Called about the alternatives- and they mentioned that the Feb 11 Jewel sailing isn't available at all- and the agent though it must be a charter. It appears that most people booked on the Adventure are easily able to book the Jewel that leaves the next day. Except for us...

Called about the alternatives- and they mentioned that the Feb 11 Jewel sailing isn't available at all- and the agent though it must be a charter. It appears that most people booked on the Adventure are easily able to book the Jewel that leaves the next day. Except for us...

Feb 11 on Jewel is available for booking on the RC website. Maybe they meant is that you can't select it as a protected price cruise if you book that date? The same for Adventure on Feb 17, Feb 24, and March 3 - for some reason those three sailings are not included in the price-protected list. Curious to know why but probably never will.

I feel really bad for everyone who got bumped. I think it is terrible, especially if you had a suite booked and there are none available on any of the alternate dates.

We're booked on Feb. 24 and Mar. 3 Adventure sailings. Does anyone know why they weren't included on the list of alternative cruises that you could re-book ?

No reason was given. I would have rather taken the March 3rd cruise to get Bonaire, but the company would not budge.

Feb 11 on Jewel is available for booking on the RC website. Maybe they meant is that you can't select it as a protected price cruise if you book that date? The same for Adventure on Feb 17, Feb 24, and March 3 - for some reason those three sailings are not included in the price-protected list. Curious to know why but probably never will.

I feel really bad for everyone who got bumped. I think it is terrible, especially if you had a suite booked and there are none available on any of the alternate dates.

Yup, that's us. We booked the Royal Suite on the Feb 3-10 AoS trip last year when the bookings opened. It is our 10 year anniversary. There is only ONE option with a RS available and our friends can't come with us because their kids have spring break that week. So, I'm bummed. And I just bought our plane tickets a couple weeks ago. So, it looks like we're going to do another cruise line. Celebrity or Oceania are our two choices right now, but also considering Sea Dream. That benefit is we can still use our plane tickets :-) There are worse things that can happen, but I'm still incredibly disappointed.

Sorry to hear about all the inconveniences people are suffering due to the news that the Adventure is going back into dry-dock again and their cruises are being cancelled. I assume the ship will be getting those additional cabins that were unable to install during the last dry dock due to the damage the port in Freeport suffered. If they do add the panoramic ocean view cabins, I will definitely be looking into the prices of them for our future Adventure cruise. We loved them on the Freedom last month.

Sorry to hear about all the inconveniences people are suffering due to the news that the Adventure is going back into dry-dock again and their cruises are being cancelled. I assume the ship will be getting those additional cabins that were unable to install during the last dry dock due to the damage the port in Freeport suffered. If they do add the panoramic ocean view cabins, I will definitely be looking into the prices of them for our future Adventure cruise. We loved them on the Freedom last month.

This is what the email said the ship would be getting:

During the dry-dock, Adventure of the Seas will be receiving all new enhancements, to include the addition of our specialty restaurant Izumi Japanese Cuisine, new inside and oceanview staterooms and a Suite Lounge

I am also impacted by the changes. A couple of questions before I call this morning.

If I change to 5 day leaving February 12 does price protection mean that you get pro rata rate for a 5 day cruise based on price you paid for 7 night cruise? (I hope so)

Those who know Royal better than me -- is it likely that the dry dock will be extended further into February? I would hate to change and then have to change again.

We

Alternatively, I can book a cruise in April but the nice aft balcony I booked (1688 and 1388) is not available. Any other good cabins to look out for?

I assume I have to keep a D1 to get price protection. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am also impacted by the changes. A couple of questions before I call this morning.

If I change to 5 day leaving February 12 does price protection mean that you get pro rata rate for a 5 day cruise based on price you paid for 7 night cruise? (I hope so)

Those who know Royal better than me -- is it likely that the dry dock will be extended further into February? I would hate to change and then have to change again.

We

Alternatively, I can book a cruise in April but the nice aft balcony I booked (1688 and 1388) is not available. Any other good cabins to look out for?

I assume I have to keep a D1 to get price protection. If I'm wrong please let me know.

It is possible the dry dock could be extended, but I think it's more likely that if they needed to do more work after the scheduled end of the dry dock, workers would stay onboard and continue the work during the next cruise or two. From what I understand, dry dock space is in demand and they would likely have to vacate the dry dock on schedule.

We like staterooms on the hump (pushed out) section.

Yes, that's what happened to us. We also had $100 OBC from booking on board, and they added the $400 OBC (suite level) to the existing $100.

We lost our original OBC. Only $50.00 but not the point. ????:eek:

We were in a junior suite and called immediately yesterday morning. Moved to junior suites on Jewel for our B2B. A few hours later the website was showing they were all sold out.

We lost our original OBC. Only $50.00 but not the point. ????:eek:

Our original OBC was from booking on board another cruise, and that OBC usually stays with the booking. If your $50 OBC was from some promo that was running when you booked, and that promo is not running now, then that could explain why you lost it.

Or perhaps it's a premium cruise for Valentine's day...

We

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The rate we got on the 5 night was considerably less expensive than the 7 night. Including an update in classes.

My wife tells me that the agent mentioned that we were among the first to book that alternate, as most changed dates. So I expect the price to go down more.

Given it's a repositioning cruise from Miami to San Juan, I suspect it's going to not be hugely popular.