Demanding Passengers

Eglesbrech

That's about £1.25 per day? Over here the trains would be packed with pensioners. We do have a senior rail pass which entitles you to a third off, cost £30 per year. It pays for itself with my cruise holiday travelling to ports and airports.

Sidney - Aargh, the beer was ten dollars a pint in the Lord Nelson on Argyle street last year, big city prices!. I liked Sidney, I liked Brisbane, I liked Airlie Beach despite those blue stingers. Darwin was good too but the HEAT :eek:

No state pension! Are there compulsory workplace pensions?

Apart from the diners I once saw and heard snapping their fingers at the waiters and calling them "Boy" in the MDR, the other example that springs to mind is an elderly gentleman on a mobility scooter travelling through a fairly crowded thoroughfare in a public area at "speed", effing and blinding at people to get out of his way and lashing out at them with his walking stick.

I have the utmost respect for the elderly and/or the infirm - we all get older and all might need assistance with mobility one day, for whatever reason - but his behaviour really was quite dangerous and unnecessary.

Does Daib have one of those scooters? Lol.

44 cruises and counting.

We once witnessed in the embarkation lunch for Caribbean tiers and above in Peninsular Club a gentleman effing and blinding in an abusive manner to one of the waiters because he had to wait a few minutes to be served his glass of champagne. The gentleman was on the next table to us and I overheard everything and the waiter came to us next with tears in his eyes clearly upset and said to me did you hear what that gentleman said to me. I said yes and he needed reporting and the waiter said he cannot do that or else he would get into trouble so I said I would speak to one of the officers floating about the restaurant. I did so and then the officer came to the gentleman and started to apologise to him and I intervened and said you were wrong it was him who had been rude and insulting to the waiter and that he wanted throwing off the ship as we had not left Southampton as yet. Eventually he did apologise to the waiter and don't know what the officer said to him but he was still on the ship because we saw him later on in the cruise. There is no excuse not to be polite and treat the staff with respect that they deserve but unfortunately there are those who think otherwise.

There is no excuse not to be polite and treat the staff with respect that they deserve but unfortunately there are those who think otherwise.

There is no excuse not to be polite and show respect generally.

We once witnessed in the embarkation lunch for Caribbean tiers and above in Peninsular Club a gentleman effing and blinding in an abusive manner to one of the waiters because he had to wait a few minutes to be served his glass of champagne. There is no excuse not to be polite and treat the staff with respect that they deserve but unfortunately there are those who think otherwise.
Well done you for reporting this disgusting behaviour. I would like to suggest that this individual is no gentleman but a boorish, self centred, entitled and extremely rude person.

It's costs nothing to say please and thank you and you must never, and I mean never be rude to those taking the time to serve you. You must be grateful that they are tending to your needs, not demands.

Well done you for reporting this disgusting behaviour. I would like to suggest that this individual is no gentleman but a boorish, self centred, entitled and extremely rude person.

It's costs nothing to say please and thank you and you must never, and I mean never be rude to those taking the time to serve you. You must be grateful that they are tending to your needs, not demands.

You see we agree again. Of course this is very clear staff should not have to put up with this abuse and I suspect we would all step in and defend them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

It costs nothing to say please or thank you, but you'd be amazed how many people do not even possess that common courtesy these days. And upbringing doesn't matter as I experience rudeness from all walks of society.

Peter, I was brought up with my Mother preaching this to me. I went to a grammar school, where, if you were spotted by prefects not opening shop doors for older people, you were called into their room and slippered.

Without everybody going off on one, we have a generation where the parents are not willing to chastise their kids or teach them manners just in case the little b's bring the police in. Just sit and watch in any shopping center and witness the goings on.

With regards to treating the staff like dirt, that is a total no no, and I hope whoever this was, feels mighty big about their attitude. these people are human, and should be treated in the same way we expect to be treated and spoken too.

Peter, I was brought up with my Mother preaching this to me. I went to a grammar school, where, if you were spotted by prefects not opening shop doors for older people, you were called into their room and slippered.

Without everybody going off on one, we have a generation where the parents are not willing to chastise their kids or teach them manners just in case the little b's bring the police in. Just sit and watch in any shopping center and witness the goings on.

With regards to treating the staff like dirt, that is a total no no, and I hope whoever this was, feels mighty big about their attitude. these people are human, and should be treated in the same way we expect to be treated and spoken too.

I agree although that did not happen at my grammar school (60) but manners​ were taught and respect for other people and property although not perfect was certainly a lot better than today where society seems paralysed to discipline children in case they get into trouble with the Police.

I think its sadly an indication of the decline of society and community spirit. Which is why i love cruise holidays. I enjoy the 'old fashioned' values in this respect.

It would be nice if that was the case but there was a thread on ship manners and there was a lot of negative threads ie people pushing into lifts before people get out etc,etc.

really, i will look that up. Its very interesting to hear accounts of things I have not seen when onboard, Sounds a bit depressing though that people have had bad experiences so easily rectified by manners and common sense.

Yes there was a lot of posts too about a month ago.

If you can't find it start a new thread and you will see what i mean.

I'm glad todays parents don't resort to physical violence. I'd sooner live in a world with rude people than violent ones (not that I condone either) Letting a16 year old hit a younger kid with an object shows how brutal and callous grammar schools were, it bred into those who dished out and received punishments like that that "a good slap" for misdemeanors was acceptable, which in turn led to those of that generation tolerating domestic (and other) violence.

Chastising ones kids or teaching them manners doesn't have to involve shouting and should NEVER involve threatening or being violent towards them. If you think that the latter is acceptable then it is you who needs an attitude adjustment. :mad:

Finished "Going off on one" now, sorry

I'm glad todays parents don't resort to physical violence. I'd sooner live in a world with rude people than violent ones (not that I condone either) Letting a16 year old hit a younger kid with an object shows how brutal and callous grammar schools were, it bred into those who dished out and received punishments like that that "a good slap" for misdemeanors was acceptable, which in turn led to those of that generation tolerating domestic (and other) violence.

Chastising ones kids or teaching them manners doesn't have to involve shouting and should NEVER involve threatening or being violent towards them. If you think that the latter is acceptable then it is you who needs an attitude adjustment. :mad:

Finished "Going off on one" now, sorry

Unfortunately by going too far the other way you now have lots of disrespectful people.Somewhere in the middle would be fine.