Live From May 1 2017 Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise

pkt1976

Just drop by the purser's desk and they'll tell you if it's refundable or non-refundable OBC that you have left. They're supposed to use the non-refundable OBC first, then the refundable OBC. If it's purely just from your tour being cancelled, it should be refundable OBC and you will get the money back. Someone else can tell you whether it'll be in the form of a check in 3-6 weeks or a credit to your credit card (they change how they refund it from time to time so I'm not positive.)

Enjoying your Live From! Hope the voice gets better soon!

It will depend on the currency you paid in and the currency of your credit card (I did not check back where you are from!!). As the currency on the boat is USD, if you want USD then go and ask to be paid out in cash.

A wonderful review, we do almost this itinerary next year on the Royal for our 50th, except we stop in Liverpool and this old Beatles fan is excited. Thanks for letting me preview my trip.:cool:

Hi all yes we've ported in Le Havre and I'm so grateful I booked an afternoon tour. Still can't talk, still exhausted so I was able to sleep in this morning and can rest until the tour. I took some pics around the ship I'll share when I get home.... running low on minutes. I found the pb&j area. Butter, 4 jams, cream. I didn't see the bread though In The same area though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice recap for someone (me) who was also on the cruise. Agree with everything. Totally awesome staff in every venue. We were sad to leave this morning as we disembarked early to spend a week in Paris. Very smooth disembarkation and we got a taxi to the train station quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice recap for someone (me) who was also on the cruise. Agree with everything. Totally awesome staff in every venue. We were sad to leave this morning as we disembarked early to spend a week in Paris. Very smooth disembarkation and we got a taxi to the train station quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope you come back to this thread Spideysmum! We are disembarking in Le Havre as well in August. Did you pre-purchase your train tickets? Did you get the 10:05 train to Paris or an earlier one? Would appreciate any information that would make our trip smoother :)

Ah the worst day is here... the day they kick us off. I'm in explorers waiting to be called for my turn to walk the plank! I have more photos to share when I get home . Thanks to all who have followed along

I looked for the peanut butter and jelly bar this afternoon but didn't see it. My France tour isn't until the afternoon tomorrow so I'll look again.

The PB& J bar is a treat reserved for the dinner buffet only..

Drop by in the evening and you'll see some eye opener's

Srpilo

Ah the worst day is here... the day they kick us off. I'm in explorers waiting to be called for my turn to walk the plank! I have more photos to share when I get home . Thanks to all who have followed along

Thank you so much. There are 4 of us couples on the Aug 29th sailing. I have been downloading your pages..will distribute when we get together before the final payment is due ;p I ordered 4 copies of the potato pie book ...I read that Guernsey book yrs ago will reread it:halo: Will give out the books eat and play hand and foot with my fellow cruisers...and of course, discuss your adventures...have a very safe and healthly 2017 ...safe trip...people like you make CC what fun itis:cool:

Have enjoyed your live postings very much. We are booked on this cruise in August, but we overnight in Dublin and don't port in Kirkwall. Looking forward to more pics after you get home and any words of wisdom on what we should or should not do. Have a safe trip home.

Thank you :) my flight is delayed as there is some mechanical issue uggg. It was an amazing journey for sure!!

Hope you have made it back to California safe and sound. I loved following along on your cruise.

Would an American who was on this cruise post what you had to go through on your return to Southampton please? Were you held up for any period by UK Immigration and/or Customs?

Thanks

I was on the cruise before this one, and to answer your question - Zero -

Just walk off the ship- No immigration/customs what so ever

Srpilo

Would an American who was on this cruise post what you had to go through on your return to Southampton please? Were you held up for any period by UK Immigration and/or Customs?

Thanks

there was nothing to it. There were two doors, one if you had nothing to declare, and one if you did. I had nothing, walked through that door and kept going! :D

Congratulations to the OP you have made lots of people happy. That is what I find so great in the totally misnamed Cruise Critic!! Wish they would change the name to something Positive!!!

The customer service manager actually mentioned this at the meet and greet and feel that "critic" has a negative connotation but he said that most on CC are supportive of Princess and the cruise industry in general. He also said they DO read our reviews and posts as well.

I got home last night....showered and went to bed!!!!! I feel pretty good today, voice still isn't totally with me but I have a lovely deep and gravelly voice today. I'm going to rest for the most part today as it's back to work tomorrow. I'm very glad I did laundry before I left so I don't have to deal with that!!! :p

any questions, let me know. I'll start working through pics and uploading and posting more stuff this week.