4-29-17 Gem 7 days NYC - Florida, GSC, Nassau. Dailies, essential tips, FAQ not semi-live

mking8288

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Chilly and gloomy here today in NY. I believe you are in an Oceanview. We are thinking of booking an Oceanview and was wondering which rooms are best especially where noise is concerned. Also other than beds for four do you know if there is any other difference between the family oceanview with picture window (01) and the Mid-ship Picture Window (OB). Thank you!

Good evening all, internet is slow. Will upload pix, dailies, menus, tips when we docked tomorrow. Doing 21 knots, 25 nm off Carolina now, 366 mi. to go, arrive at 1 pm. Calm sea at just 5 ft. wavelets.

Pier parking discount of 25% still valid & used yesterday by those driving. Had a great M&M earlier & food in MADE is good. All questions noted & will answer tomorrow. Platinum BTS is now Thursday morning, no conflict w CC's M&M, yah.

66465c189ab51ac5c618b76f0f9ed043.jpga135ba31a3a262144fd96e5fef8105dd.jpg06a98fe2e89d4750a72d9e0094f7a4f5.jpge4285e8c6326de777bc2032be424c70e.jpg2279f450c2c75bbb610fe96d93303bd1.jpg425b1fd4f1cf2de3d45eefa477cb2327.jpg

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

I see they are still posting on the front page of Daily, bottom right warning about electronics. Doesn't appear on other ships from what I've seen.

I noticed it says this:

Your stateroom attendant has been instructed to disconnect any electronic device that has been left unattended
so that means i cant leave my little travel clock plug in so i can tell the time when i am in the cabin?..Thats very annoying having to always reset the clock so it can keep time :mad:

I noticed it says this:

so that means i cant leave my little travel clock plug in so i can tell the time when i am in the cabin?..Thats very annoying having to always reset the clock so it can keep time :mad:

We should all ban together and unplug vacuum cleaners, exercise equipment, lamps, wet floor blow dryers, computers, coffee machines, wine dispensers, ice cream machines, etc that are left unattended by the staff...... I say this in jest but.....

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Hi OP - been waiting so long for someone on this itinerary to post !!! THANK YOU:)

Please can you advise if Tim Kiminski is still the comedian on board? And if not who is it?

Enjoy your trip - shall be following closely from the UK and on board in less than 3 weeks:)

Have a great trip! Sailing the BA to Bermuda next week. Did you mention that platinum boards before CAS? thought CAS boarded before Platinum? Have fun

I wish I was sailing but it is actually Mking on Gem. He said they are in PC on Monday (today) so we should hear from him today sometime when he gets cellular from land.

I noticed it says this:

We had that notice every day on our Gem trip in December. Saw Dailies from different ship same week no such notice and I haven't seen it on any other Dailies since (I haven't paid a lot of attention to them though).

Hard to say what they do in reality. We never left anything plugged in while gone from room. Did see posting in BTS tour about electronics starting on fire but not for infamous phone.

ETA: See it on the Jewel Daily front page in a live review from Coffeegoddess. Also see it on BA Dailies from last week so maybe they are now making it fleetwide.

Edited by dexddd

We had that notice every day on our Gem trip in December. Saw Dailies from different ship same week no such notice and I haven't seen it on any other Dailies since (I haven't paid a lot of attention to them though).

Hard to say what they do in reality. We never left anything plugged in while gone from room. Did see posting in BTS tour about electronics starting on fire but not for infamous phone.

ETA: See it on the Jewel Daily front page in a live review from Coffeegoddess. Also see it on BA Dailies from last week so maybe they are now making it fleetwide.

Use your cell phone for time. I am sure that you must have one with the time/date. Even a flip phone has one. Safety first, right. ;)

Good morning all, ship sailed at 21 kt. overnight w calm seas, arriving a little early, had signal now, at the channel entrance into PC now. Standby for lots of pix.

New atrium lobby, lounge outside LeBistro, La Cucina.0c14a106097c6064aee3d008129054e8.jpg27541d51bc75e08700e9acd074840a8e.jpg760245a52f30a1220db8b04fd7a9aacd.jpg8c274e417e65d96d4f2bb2f664933230.jpg212a70170c9c7a461a4294c85eed00b4.jpg275b2e319fdcdadfe505ea48c76ef979.jpg

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Use your cell phone for time. I am sure that you must have one with the time/date. Even a flip phone has one. Safety first, right. ;)

i turn all of my phones OFF when i get on the ship. a watch is useless for me since i never wear a watch

i turn all of my phones OFF when i get on the ship. a watch is useless for me since i never wear a watch

If the Gem has the NCL iconcierge app then add that to your cell phone. This way you have the time and you can contact your member/s of your party on the ship. I don't use a watch anymore either.