LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

I have no idea what is going on with Allure this week. The ship is almost impossible to track.:rolleyes:

Really? Is that usual for the Allure? [emoji44]Am I on a ghost ship???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost time for Mama Mia to start!

9d5dcb7a2746edb5d04044f9946ede30.jpg

610a5c86c10b98766019ac28deb50d7b.jpg

I love the shows on Allure vs Oasis. I'm not a fan of Cats....but will sit through it in June. :D IMHO, Allure does have better entertainment.

It's a gorgeous day on the pool deck!

0a461ffef11c5c5ddad1b0fd49ae701d.jpg

I was surprised that one of the main pools is salt water?! Although it kinda makes sense considering it's the Beach Pool [emoji41]

Today is the international men's belly flop contest which will take place in the Aqua Theater at 1pm.

I am lazing in the sun and have no intentions of leaving my lounger anytime soon [emoji16]

Really? Is that usual for the Allure? [emoji44]Am I on a ghost ship???

No, on the Eastern route the ship is out of tracking range until you get close to Puerto Rico. I should be able to find you later today.

No, on the Eastern route the ship is out of tracking range until you get close to Puerto Rico. I should be able to find you later today.

Well that's a relief....

Here's an observation.... Allure vs. Freedom = I like the Solarium Pool much better on Freedom.

I'll post more thoughts and comparisons, and opinions....during the week....

I love the shows on Allure vs Oasis. I'm not a fan of Cats....but will sit through it in June. :D IMHO, Allure does have better entertainment.

Except for Mamma Mia vs Cats, what other differences are there?

I thought Cats was amazing.....the part I was awake for.;p

Here's an observation.... Allure vs. Freedom = I like the Solarium Pool much better on Freedom.

I'll post more thoughts and comparisons, and opinions....during the week....

Just the pool size, or do you find the Solarium too hot on Allure?

It is too hot in there! It's still a really nice spot on the ship, but I find it very difficult to enjoy it during the afternoons. Unless you happen to be right in front of one of the windows that is open to catch the breeze.

Definitely a bit of both. I love the sun, so prefer an uncovered environment. The solarium pool on Allure isn't really a pool in the true sense, it's a small, round wading hole. With the glass all around it's pretty steamy in there too....I like a breeze. The only plus is that it's kid free.

Definitely a bit of both. I love the sun, so prefer an uncovered environment. The solarium pool on Allure isn't really a pool in the true sense, it's a small, round wading hole. With the glass all around it's pretty steamy in there too....I like a breeze. The only plus is that it's kid free.

I had the same reaction. A great location they could have made so much better.

The only plus is that it's kid free.

It's supposed to be kid free, but that doesn't stop people and the staff doesn't say anything to them. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the signs at the entrance to the Solarium on Deck 16 were missing, so people would wander in there with their strollers and not realize, so I couldn't blame them for not knowing. But the signs were posted on Deck 15. I suspect that the signs were moved for special invitation only event (of which there were several) and not put back afterwards.

Thanks for taking us along. I'm enjoying your perspective since we broke down and did Oasis a few years back. We really enjoyed it but still prefer Freedom and Voyager class. Totally with you on the Solarium issue. I'll be interested to hear how the week goes. Izumi Hibachi was a blast - hope you enjoy.

How do you track cruise ships?

I had the same reaction. A great location they could have made so much better.

Yes! Exactly! The Solarium itself is a great size, but the pool is ridiculous. I think RC missed the mark on that one.

It's supposed to be kid free, but that doesn't stop people and the staff doesn't say anything to them. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the signs at the entrance to the Solarium on Deck 16 were missing, so people would wander in there with their strollers and not realize, so I couldn't blame them for not knowing. But the signs were posted on Deck 15. I suspect that the signs were moved for special invitation only event (of which there were several) and not put back afterwards.

There are a lot of signs all around, and I didn't see anyone under 16 when I was in there.

Thanks for taking us along. I'm enjoying your perspective since we broke down and did Oasis a few years back. We really enjoyed it but still prefer Freedom and Voyager class. Totally with you on the Solarium issue. I'll be interested to hear how the week goes. Izumi Hibachi was a blast - hope you enjoy.

You're very welcome [emoji4]

I am trying to make honest comparisons, and not judge anything just yet... it's only been 2 days so far. Like you, I am really enjoying the experience of a new class of ship.

I'm not sure we are actually going to go to the Hibachi. I'm not cheap by any means, but I really thought the first $30 was coveted since we are on a package, and it isn't. Not sure I want to pay the full amount since we already bought the 3 night. We will see though.... still have a lot of time to decide.

There are a lot of signs all around, and I didn't see anyone under 16 when I was in there.

That's good that the signs are back. When I was there people were hanging out at the bar with their kids. Thanks for the update.

I have to give a big shout out to my CC neighbor here on deck 11 [emoji3] This is what I found when I returned to my cabin just now

0fede4094013c207b98c35af76537891.jpg

Thanks a million Sherri, I love it!!! Xo

Have I mentioned that I'm obsessed with the Park Cafe? I am more than happy to avoid the WJ and grab a fresh salad and grilled cheese panini, plus the outdoor seating is really nice.

I also noticed that a variety of potato chips and Doritos are complimentary on the Allure, I think this should be fleet wide, why just on this class of ship?

I'm all sunned out for today, so now it's time to browse through the stores on the Royal Promenade [emoji16]

Robyn, I am enjoying your review. Like you, I have never been on the Oasis class before. I have a cruise on the Allure booked for September and am intimidated by a ship this size. Have done the Freedom class the most (One on Freedom, two on Independence).

Thank you for taking time away from your vacation to post!