Why can't I get a room with kids?

We are booked to go on the LOS out of Galveston at the end of this month. I think I have a friend talked into going. I was trying to find a room but it says that there is none available. When I remove the kids there are rooms but when I add her two children back on it says that there are no rooms. What am I doing wrong?

We are booked to go on the LOS out of Galveston at the end of this month. I think I have a friend talked into going. I was trying to find a room but it says that there is none available. When I remove the kids there are rooms but when I add her two children back on it says that there are no rooms. What am I doing wrong?

There must not be any staterooms available that will hold the number of guests you are selecting.

A number of reasons come to my mind:

- No quad rooms left

- Only quad rooms left are in Muster Station Areas that are at capacity already

- Ship is closing in on capacity and if they sell more quads they can´t fill all cabins at double occupancy

- They are not willing to sell any quad cabins for any of the reasons above.

Thanks!

Over the weekend I had put in three adults and it let me but when I changed one to a child it would not. Now it will not let me add over two people or it tells me that there are no rooms left, even though the room category says that the room will hold up to 4 people. I know on Disney they sometimes limit the amount of kids based on something to do with the kids' club capacity, but I didn't think that would be the case on this cruise.

Thanks!

Over the weekend I had put in three adults and it let me but when I changed one to a child it would not. Now it will not let me add over two people or it tells me that there are no rooms left, even though the room category says that the room will hold up to 4 people. I know on Disney they sometimes limit the amount of kids based on something to do with the kids' club capacity, but I didn't think that would be the case on this cruise.

Doubt it on Royal, during peak times ships can have over 2000 kids on board. At those times Ocean Adventure its first come first serve and they stop taking in kids at that age group for that time frame... More likely what others said, close to or at peak filling 3-4 passenger cabins OR cabins at that lifeboat area of ship are filled...

Thanks!

You can always call and get an instant answer about cabins left that sleep the # of people you need

For the May 28 sailing, I see that there are a couple of E1 balcony staterooms on deck 6 that supposedly have a third Pullman bed (6294 and 6712), but it won't let you book them for three passengers, which suggests they are at capacity. That's unfortunate.

Looks like if you really want to go you will need two staterooms.

This would be their first cruise and I think that they really want to be in a room together. Maybe we will try to get them to go with us next May.

Two words, "Get a Travel Agent."

What are the specific advantages? I promise I am not being snarky, I am really curious. We have a travel agent who is very responsive, I just did not think to use her for this cruise. Just to clarify, we are booked in a Grand Suite. I was looking last minute for a friend to bring her family along. Here's our story:

I booked our cruise a little over a year ago on the website and kept watching for discounts and ended up getting it rebooked at a lower price a few months later. I'm not sure that a travel agent would be as concerned about a few hundred dollars as I am. It seems like the last Royal Caribbean we went on we did use a travel agent. I think the only perk really was a little bit of an on board credit. The downside to the travel agent, however, is that you lose the power to call and make changes yourself. Everything has to go through the agent.

That being said, we are going on our 11th Disney Cruise in November and we always use a travel agent. I figure it all out and tell her what I want to do and she books it for me. Disney does not offer as many discounts or specials, and their prices tend to be constant with a slow increase, so it is relatively easy to stay on top of it if there are any discounts to be had and she has saved me money. Plus the on board credit is a little better.

We are paid up now for the cruise. Would there be any benefit to having it transferred to our travel agent?

This would be their first cruise and I think that they really want to be in a room together. Maybe we will try to get them to go with us next May.

You can put one kid in each room to complete the reservation, but that doesn't mean everyone has to sleep in those exact rooms.

What are the specific advantages? I promise I am not being snarky, I am really curious. We have a travel agent who is very responsive, I just did not think to use her for this cruise. Just to clarify, we are booked in a Grand Suite. I was looking last minute for a friend to bring her family along. Here's our story:

I booked our cruise a little over a year ago on the website and kept watching for discounts and ended up getting it rebooked at a lower price a few months later. I'm not sure that a travel agent would be as concerned about a few hundred dollars as I am. It seems like the last Royal Caribbean we went on we did use a travel agent. I think the only perk really was a little bit of an on board credit. The downside to the travel agent, however, is that you lose the power to call and make changes yourself. Everything has to go through the agent.

That being said, we are going on our 11th Disney Cruise in November and we always use a travel agent. I figure it all out and tell her what I want to do and she books it for me. Disney does not offer as many discounts or specials, and their prices tend to be constant with a slow increase, so it is relatively easy to stay on top of it if there are any discounts to be had and she has saved me money. Plus the on board credit is a little better.

We are paid up now for the cruise. Would there be any benefit to having it transferred to our travel agent?

You only have 60 days from booking to transfer to a TA and it must be done before final payment. So you would be way too late for this anyway.

Why would I not believe them? Is there a reason not to?

I called them after the recommendations to call them in the responses to my original post.

That's what I am referring too, your op

That's what I am referring too, your op

I had not called them at the time that I posted my original post. It was only after it was suggested to call them in this thread that I did.

As far as the original post, I was wondering what I was doing wrong on the site, not that there was any disbelief.

Just went through the same drill with my DD, her husband, and my two grandkids today. Tried to add them (4) to our cruise we are already booked on. This was on MJ 3 Night. Not all rooms accommodate 3 or more persons, actually on MJ, not many can handle 3, during booking. We are in a GS, and due to the cruise being only 53 days out, and Interior for 3 and adding one child to our GS, was still more than our GS, My grands are 2 and 6. It was about $400 EA for a family of 4 plus gratuities. There doesn't seem to be any difference in price for a 2 and 6 yo and an adult.

I don't think MJ as many rooms that would even accommodate the 4 of them other than a Suite.

What are the specific advantages? I promise I am not being snarky, I am really curious.... I'm not sure that a travel agent would be as concerned about a few hundred dollars as I am. It seems like the last Royal Caribbean we went on we did use a travel agent. I think the only perk really was a little bit of an on board credit. The downside to the travel agent, however, is that you lose the power to call and make changes yourself. Everything has to go through the agent.

You answered a some of your own question there. It really has to do with what you want. A lot of people want to manage everything themselves and that's fine. The problem with RCs customer service in particular is their left hand does not seem to know what the right hand is doing. My TA is really good at sorting that out. She knows what the answer should be and keeps calling until she finds someone to get what she wants. You are right about price drops, neither RC or your TA will probably tell you. The other big advantage I have seen from other members here on RC is if something goes wrong, your TA can be a big help. You don't get many perks from a TA like you said, maybe a little bit of OBC. Ours also gives points on our airline points program (and they also let you put those points towards a cruise, it's a vicious cycle ;p).

To me it comes down to how much work you want to do yourself.