Luggage Room on Ship?

NEW 2 CRUISIN

I looked around the website but could not find a specific answer....

We'll be on the EQUINOX in a couple weeks for the first time.

Is there a "luggage storage room" on the ship where people can check their carry-on bags while they eat lunch on embarkation day?

We've taken advantage of this offering on some of the other lines, but would like to know what to expect on Celebrity. (For example....on NCL, I think they used one of the "meeting rooms" as a luggage and coat check room. It was staffed by an attendant who gave us a claim ticket to come back and get our bags when we were ready.)

THANK YOU!

:)

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

I haven't heard of this but if you book a suite, you can probably drop them off.

We usually wait and board after the rush. This way the rooms are ready, you can drop off you carry on items, go have lunch and not fight the crowds. In Miami we once boarded at 2pm and it was a breeze, walked right on with no lines and then went straight to our room to drop off luggage. Best embarkation ever!

If you board early, you will see lots of people with their carry-ons as there isn't anywhere to put them until rooms are ready.

If you are in a Concierge cabin, you will have the option of dropping your bags just inside the dining room when you go to your embarkation lunch. Otherwise, check most of your bulky items. It amazes me to see folks schlepping around full size cases on embarkation day.

If you are in a Concierge cabin, you will have the option of dropping your bags just inside the dining room when you go to your embarkation lunch. Otherwise, check most of your bulky items. It amazes me to see folks schlepping around full size cases on embarkation day.

THANKS!

We actually are in Concierge Cabins, so this will work out well for us!

(Our "carry-on" bags have a lot of "free space" ....mainly for anything we might purchase on the cruise!) HAHA! ;p

THANKS!

We actually are in Concierge Cabins, so this will work out well for us!

(Our "carry-on" bags have a lot of "free space" ....mainly for anything we might purchase on the cruise!) HAHA! ;p

The Concierge Class lunch is in the MDR. They'll take you carry on bags as you enter. The lunch is from 11:30 to 1:00. On the Eclipse in December our rooms were ready by the time lunch was over. It was nice to sit and be served instead of fighting for seats in the OVC while juggling carry on luggage. The menu is limited, but there were choices that everyone in our group found to their liking.

I've been in the PH and we couldn't drop our carry-ons off in our cabin.

If you are in a suite, it's possible that your bag could be left in Michaels Club until cabins are ready.

Otherwise you'll need to keep your carry-ons with you.

On Reflection, Michael's Club wouldn't let Sky Suite passengers leave bags. That may be a factor of the number of suites on Reflection. YMMV if you are in a higher suite.

I looked around the website but could not find a specific answer....

We'll be on the EQUINOX in a couple weeks for the first time.

Is there a "luggage storage room" on the ship where people can check their carry-on bags while they eat lunch on embarkation day?

We've taken advantage of this offering on some of the other lines, but would like to know what to expect on Celebrity. (For example....on NCL, I think they used one of the "meeting rooms" as a luggage and coat check room. It was staffed by an attendant who gave us a claim ticket to come back and get our bags when we were ready.)

THANK YOU!

:)

They had that service on our last Azamara cruise except that you dropped your bags off at check in and they delivered them to your room. Very convenient,

DON

Just curious - if there is a way to check your carry-on, do you lock it? We usually don't lock our carry-ons and they contain all the valuable stuff that we don't want to let our of our sight. Has no one had a problem with this? It seems there would be no way to prove what you had in there if something went missing.

Just curious - if there is a way to check your carry-on, do you lock it? We usually don't lock our carry-ons and they contain all the valuable stuff that we don't want to let our of our sight. Has no one had a problem with this? It seems there would be no way to prove what you had in there if something went missing.

If you are in concierge or a suite you will leave your bags. Never once thought about locking them. Otherwise your carryon will be with you--nowhere to put it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app