What are the Havana Cabins on Vista like?

There's several available on next month's sailing that we're booked on. They are popular but not impossible to book.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks, we will be in South Dakota until October and we won't return to our home state of Florida until November sometime.

We are retired, we live full time and travel in our RV in the summer to leave the heat and humidity of Florida behind. Then Nov til end of March we "chill" in Florida and cruise.......retirement life is GOOD!

Have a great cruise!

Susan

I agree with the "book as early as possible" advice above. We booked for May 28, 2018 on the Horizon months ago, right after reservations opened. We need a room for 3 - this is a surprise trip for DS's HS graduation - so we knew that we had to move quickly.

I'm really excited to try a new type of stateroom on a new ship! Will be looking for reviews on these cabins often until we sail.

Thanks, we will be in South Dakota until October and we won't return to our home state of Florida until November sometime.

We are retired, we live full time and travel in our RV in the summer to leave the heat and humidity of Florida behind. Then Nov til end of March we "chill" in Florida and cruise.......retirement life is GOOD!

Have a great cruise!

Susan

That sounds like an awesome retired lifestyle! Good for you!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

How do you access the pool area? Does it have to be through the bar? Can you access it though the cabin corridors on deck 5?

I believe one of the links I posted earlier has a YouTube video showing the "doors" that lead by the Cabana "balconies" that go to the pool area.

I believe one of the links I posted earlier has a YouTube video showing the "doors" that lead by the Cabana "balconies" that go to the pool area.

Either through the bar or from the lanai area.

Thanks guys. The videos look great.

I am holding a Havana inside on deck 5. The aft most one. I was hoping I could pop right into the pool area from the end of the cabin corridor but i now guess is there is no inside access. I will have to go out of the corridor and through the bar.

i have told my PVP to let me know the moment the itinerary for the 2019 and 2020 cruise ships are outclear.png?emoji-cool-1690
Just in case you don't know, bookings are available on the Horizon through April of 2019. We snagged our valentines southern Caribbean sailing in a Havana inside a few months ago. It'll be our second time in that cabin since we're doing labor day out of NYC next year.

Just in case you don't know, bookings are available on the Horizon through April of 2019. We snagged our valentines southern Caribbean sailing in a Havana inside a few months ago. It'll be our second time in that cabin since we're doing labor day out of NYC next year.

I have booked the Horizon BTB TA April 29 and May 8 so like i said when my PVP let me know i booked, it now i am also on the list to be notified when the new ship comes out mid to late 2019 so i can book it when he have the itinerary and also when the 2020 ship also becomes available. I am also booked on the Conquest to Aruba April 27, 2019

You need to be 12+ to stay in the room, but it's 18+ for the aft pool area. Also, most of the rooms are only 2 person occupancy with the exception of about 3-4 which can hold one or two more. It's pretty clear this is intended for couples, but if you intend to bring teens, it's doable if you book EARLY.

You don't have to be over 18 to use the Havana pool area. It's for anyone 12 and older staying in the Havana cabins. My son will be 14 on our cruise and I asked specifically about this before booking, and yes, he is allowed. He is not your typical kid, so he is looking forward to having a quiet pool sometimes. We have a 3 person Havana Cabana booked, cabin 5227. There are no adult only pools anymore.

"Not True" haha You contradict yourself saying people can walk by them. Yes people can absolutely walk by them at ANY given time. Just as you said they can walk thru the bar and access that area. During the day they have to have a wrist band, so those people CAN walk by and at night ANYONE can walk by. So it is true! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

As for the view I didn't stay in one but from walking by those cabins at night the view was not nearly as good as a regular balcony. The high glass got in the way and the cabin/balcony is set some distance back from the edge of the ship. The view was obstructed compared to a regular balcony.

Well, I have stayed in one, for 12 days in the Med. I spent A LOT of time on my patio, and in the evening when the pool is open to everyone, I literally counted 5 people who walked by the entire time. And those folks were really just curious to see the Havana cabins. The walkway that runs along the side of the patios is for people staying in those cabins. And there is a locked gate to keep everyone out. We were given a key that worked for our sliding glass door, and the gate. But yes, in the evening, everyone who enters through the bar to the pool area can then exit through that gate, but few did. And even when the area is open to everyone, the gate still remains exit only without a key. Most people exited back through the bar, the same way they came in.

"Not True" haha You contradict yourself saying people can walk by them. Yes people can absolutely walk by them at ANY given time. Just as you said they can walk thru the bar and access that area. During the day they have to have a wrist band, so those people CAN walk by and at night ANYONE can walk by. So it is true! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

As for the view I didn't stay in one but from walking by those cabins at night the view was not nearly as good as a regular balcony. The high glass got in the way and the cabin/balcony is set some distance back from the edge of the ship. The view was obstructed compared to a regular balcony.

Ok, I think I just repeated myself commenting to the comment that was commenting to my commenting on a comment. 😜 Lol. I've talked so much about these cabins, it gets confusing. If you want to be technical about it, yes, during the day, your neighbors in the Havana cabins can walk by your patio. And in the evening, you may have the occasional person not staying in a Havana cabin exit that way. But oddly enough, the patio felt very private to me. If I stood at the end of the patio and looked up and back, I could see everyone's balconies from deck 6 up. I've heard someone say if you really want absolute privacy on the Vista, the only way is to book a cove balcony.

What is the "secret" in booking a Havanna Cabin? How far in advance does one have to book, they seem almost impossible to book.

We are booked on Vista for Southern in March 2018 in a cove balcony which we really enjoy the cove balconies!

Well, I can tell you what I did. I booked a family harbor suite a year before our August, 2016 cruise. But I really wanted a Havana cabin. I called on the day of final payment, which was three months prior to sailing, and three of the four havana suites had opened up at that time, so I snagged one. I have heard people cancel all the time, so my suggestion would be to just keep checking for cancellations. For the Horizon, we decided against a suite and just booked the Havana "balcony" on deck 5. Same patios as the suites, which to us, was the best part. Well, that, and the exclusive pool area!

• 2 weeks later...
The rooms are decorated different, like you are in Havana, or so they say... They give you special soaps, which are ok.

But the biggest and best reason to book them is that you have private access from morning until 7pm to the Havana area in the aft of the ship, with a pool and two hot tubs. Also shaded and un-shaded seats... it is always easy to find space in the pool and the seats and it is just so relaxing.

We stayed a total of 21 days in an inside on deck 5 and I would never sail on a ship that has Havana access again without sailing in a Havana cabin.

Hi Charles. Can you answer a question on the inside - was there noise at night from the Havana bar? And which room did you stay in? We booked three rooms and one is right next to (maybe more behind ) the elevator. The interior rooms are closer to the main entrance to the lounge vs the pool. We are traveling w our teen kids and don't think the noise will be an issue but wanted to know before we go. Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...

hi all--can anyone tell me if you feel more motion on these Havana aft cabins? Any vibration from the engine or hear the music from the bar at night? I am used to being mid ship and o\prone to motion sickness--but where the patch and I am good in calm seas. Deciding on lanai or aft corner stateroom on Horizon for summer--thanks for your input:)

hi all--can anyone tell me if you feel more motion on these Havana aft cabins? Any vibration from the engine or hear the music from the bar at night? I am used to being mid ship and o\prone to motion sickness--but where the patch and I am good in calm seas. Deciding on lanai or aft corner stateroom on Horizon for summer--thanks for your input:)

No movement felt at all.... We were on a 8 day Southern Carribean cruise. We had a Havana balcony cabin closest to the pool and it was very quiet.... Sounds like you will be on deck 6 or 7.... Based on where the band plays in the Havana lounge you should be fine. Music usually wraps up between 12-12:30am in Havana lounge

What is the "secret" in booking a Havanna Cabin? How far in advance does one have to book, they seem almost impossible to book.

We are booked on Vista for Southern in March 2018 in a cove balcony which we really enjoy the cove balconies!

No secret to booking, they are just limited....but expensive enough they don't sell out that fast. ... As a matter of fact there are currently 4 Havana balcony cabins available on the 3/24 sailing of Vista

Thanks..looking to set sail from NYC in August...this will be my 4th cruise sailing down the Atlantic! Husband really wants Havanna access!
So, which Horizon cruise in August are you looking at, the 4 day to Bermuda or one of the three 8 day options to the Caribbean?

when i booked the vista last year there were no Havana rooms available so i booked an interior on lido deck. as the cruise got closer i checked everyday and did a mock booking. about a month before the cruise a couple of Havana rooms came up as available. 1 inside, 2 with the patio's, and 1 aft balcony. i quickly called and took the inside 5214 and at the time it was only $200 more for the booking than what i had previously paid. i switched my reservation without a problem and i was booked under early saver. i loved the Havana area. we got up whenever walked around the corner to the Havana area and never had any problems picking any type of lounger or chair we wanted.

when i booked the vista last year there were no Havana rooms available so i booked an interior on lido deck. as the cruise got closer i checked everyday and did a mock booking. about a month before the cruise a couple of Havana rooms came up as available. 1 inside, 2 with the patio's, and 1 aft balcony. i quickly called and took the inside 5214 and at the time it was only $200 more for the booking than what i had previously paid. i switched my reservation without a problem and i was booked under early saver. i loved the Havana area. we got up whenever walked around the corner to the Havana area and never had any problems picking any type of lounger or chair we wanted.

I booked my Havana Cabana on the new Horizon 10 day Med. cruise then about a month later DW wanted to do the TA but they were all booked kept doing mock booking and my same cabin became available for the TA and i booked immediately, 24 days in the same cabin and all the sea relaxing sea days can't wait so excited.