Carnival Cruise Line Makes Changes to Future Cruise Vacation Program

LauraS

Thanks. I read that and guess my question was poorly stated. I wonder what source the Cruise Critic editor was using.

Not that it really matters. Carnival's policy is what it is.

No doubt the source was Carnival itself and this wouldn't be the first journalistic error in history:D.

No doubt the source was Carnival itself and this wouldn't be the first journalistic error in history:D.

Aw shoot. I thought if it was on the internet or in the news it had to be true.

Next you're going to tell me not to trust the NYT, WaPo, or Drudge. What is this world coming to? :halo:

Happy sailing.

I think this is incorrect information. The new future cruise program is just early saver pricing and does not have 20% off.

Reduced deposit, onboard credit and 2 category upgrade.

If you price match you will lose the obc and the reduced deposit if the new price does not include the same offer.

You may want to verify with Carnival before you decide to book your next cruise.

From the CCL in Laura's 1st post on this thread:

Passengers who take advantage of the new program receive 20 percent off Early Saver Rates, a $25 per person onboard credit up to $50 per stateroom, 50 percent reduced deposit requirement and a two-category upgrade. For those booking suites, the onboard credit is $50 per person up to $100 per stateroom, along with the other benefits.

Here is the original statement from the first post in this thread:

"Passengers who take advantage of the new program receive 20 percent off Early Saver Rates, a $25 per person onboard credit up to $50 per stateroom, 50 percent reduced deposit requirement and a two-category upgrade. For those booking suites, the onboard credit is $50 per person up to $100 per stateroom, along with the other benefits."

Not according to Carnival.

In addition to the fact that Carnival's FAQ's don't mention 20% off, I also don't think you can book using the Hub app, as mentioned in the CC article.

From the CC article: "...gives passengers the option to either book the promotional rates onboard as before, or do it later, either online or through the FunHub app."

I think they're a bit confused. Unless Carnival plans on making changes to it, the Hub app is little more than a countdown clock when not connected to their on board wifi. Their FAQ's state:

"Or go to carnival.com/FC at no charge from your smart phone or in the FunHub and enter your VIFP Club number found on your Sail & Sign card to view your offers. Smart phone must be on airplane mode and connected to the ships Wi-Fi."

Carnival doesn't mention "app." I believe they are referring to their on board internet cafes.