Sharing Laundry

GradUT

We're traveling with another couple to Alaska and they are planning on purchasing the unlimited laundry for $7 per day. Is there any reason we could not throw in a few things occasionally with theirs to be washed?

We're traveling with another couple to Alaska and they are planning on purchasing the unlimited laundry for $7 per day. Is there any reason we could not throw in a few things occasionally with theirs to be washed?

None that I can think of. The cleaned laundry will be returned to your friend's stateroom, so an effort would need to be made to obtain whatever you sent to be washed.

Because the $7 per day unlimited laundry is for those sharing the same stateroom.

If you are not in the same room with your friends and do not want to pay the unlimited charge ( which I personally think is a bargain), you can stuff a bag full for a one time charge of $20.

A new definition of "cheesy". Of course, a little creative thinking could come up with other opportunities -- you could probably piggy-back on their drinks package.

I suppose you have already planned to remove the service charge --- and if you sneak a fork, spoon and maybe a knife out of the dining room each meal, you could go home with a few place settings.

Other than it being totally dishonest!

Exactly!!! :( It's totally dishonest, but some people do not believe in honesty & because of them prices increase to make up for the cheaters!

As another poster suggested make up a bag & send it out for $20.00

WOW! Don't disagree with many of the comments.

But, what harm is done if those folks do?

I am a 5 Star Mariner. My traveling companion is not. If she includes her dirty clothing in the laundry bag that that we submit, is this wrong? (The rules state clearly that all Mariners who occupy the same stateroom and booking number are qualified for the benefits that are due to the highest level Mariner in that stateroom/booking.)

WOW! Don't disagree with many of the comments.

But, what harm is done if those folks do?

I am a 5 Star Mariner. My traveling companion is not. If she includes her dirty clothing in the laundry bag that that we submit, is this wrong? (The rules state clearly that all Mariners who occupy the same stateroom and booking number are qualified for the benefits that are due to the highest level Mariner in that stateroom/booking.)

That is a totally different situation. Maybe one person on the ship can buy a package and everyone else can use it ;p. It's abuse such as the op has suggested that causes changes to happen. It's a bad idea.

Okay, going to come clean on this one. I think you should clean up your act and go for the laundry bag (20 dollars). affordable. and everyone gets the credit they deserve. No dirty dealing.:D