Credit Card Charged in error

Alan & Giselle

Carnival aren't being at all consistent with what they are offering to anyone who complains. We were offered $60 between us by Cunard. Friends of ours on the same cruise, same cabin grade, same situation with a 'hold' on the money for a week had the same email back, offering $130 OBC. I've emailed Cunard again asking them to explain.

After sending numerous emails and getting no response at all other than the automated response, I rang customer service a few days ago and was asked to email again, still waiting for a reply! I will ring again tomorrow if no response. Has anybody else not had any replies etc?

I will be ringing later today and will post my response. Very disappointing when you are emailing and telephoning and still not getting a response and others receiving telephone calls, letters or emails offering OBC out of the blue. I have been cruising with P and O, Princess and Cunard sometimes twice a year for many years so it seems loyalty counts for nothing.

I notice everyone has been emailing 'customer services'. I saw a post on FB and they emailed 'paymentsupport @pocruises.com' so I emailed them a got a reply same day with a £50 OBC offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I notice everyone has been emailing 'customer services'. I saw a post on FB and they emailed 'paymentsupport @pocruises.com' so I emailed them a got a reply same day with a £50 OBC offer.

Hi, at 16.58 today I rec'd an e-mail (mostly generic) offering £50 onboard credit each to my wife and I, at 17.00 I rec'd another e-mail with a updated booking confirmation with the £100 added to our onboard spend.

Obviously I did not have to respond accepting or declining the offer as it was just added on anyway.

While I am not impressed with the way this mess has been handled I guess its time to move on and start looking towards July 9th on Azura, I just hope others who are still waiting to hear do so sooner rather than later, it does appear that more people are finally getting a response.

Good advice from P&O Sue above as my first e-mail today was from them also.:)

Still think it is wrong that varying amounts of OBC or gifts are being given depending on whichever cruise line the incident has occurred with. I think my gift from Princess of AIBP valued at £1300 for the 2 of us seems to be a very good deal compared to others.

Still think it is wrong that varying amounts of OBC or gifts are being given depending on whichever cruise line the incident has occurred with. I think my gift from Princess of AIBP valued at £1300 for the 2 of us seems to be a very good deal compared to others.

Great deal, and I hope your liver can stand the strain.

Just received a phone call from P&O with an offer of £100 pounds OBC . Although I dont agree with the way this has been handled and although I think that they have got off very lightly, I have accepted their offer as I jusr want to be done with it all.

Just received a phone call from P&O with an offer of £100 pounds OBC . Although I dont agree with the way this has been handled and although I think that they have got off very lightly, I have accepted their offer as I jusr want to be done with it all.

Just out of interest, does the £100 OBC cover the amount you lost through this error plus your out of pocket expenses?

Just out of interest, does the £100 OBC cover the amount you lost through this error plus your out of pocket expenses?

These offers are not related to any expenses claims, they are a goodwill offer (:)) to people who were affected by the "intrusion into peoples personal Bank accounts" in the recent fiasco.

I do not know how people who were monetary affected have been dealt with....you could write a list of reasons for this costing you money with "time spent, phone calls, bank charges etc" but I sort of guess most of us could not be bothered to spend any more of our time on this matter and were just happy to have got any money initially involved refunded with no charges applied.

As I have said previously my biggest gripe was not getting a proper personal apology but hey ho....I will spend my £100 on a few drinks aboard Azura in July.:D

This offer had nothing to do with an expense claim. I did not incur charges but that was not the only embarrassment caused by this fiasco. I was informed that each case was dealt with individually.As I posted, I decided to accept their offer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many thanks for the email address. I had received two of the emails regarding this issue whilst on Aurora a few weeks ago. I hadn't incurred any loss as a result, but your post made me think "nothing ventured....". So I sent an email and within 36 hours received an apology and £100 OBC for our next cruise. Very happy with that.

Many thanks for the email address. I had received two of the emails regarding this issue whilst on Aurora a few weeks ago. I hadn't incurred any loss as a result, but your post made me think "nothing ventured....". So I sent an email and within 36 hours received an apology and £100 OBC for our next cruise. Very happy with that.

Well done you Selbourne (and P&O Sueclear.png?emoji-thumbsup-927), lets hope all still waiting (and some who were hesitant) do the same.:D

Well done you Selbourne (and P&O Sueclear.png?emoji-thumbsup-927), lets hope all still waiting (and some who were hesitant) do the same.:D

Why? You lost nothing. If they hadn't told you this error had happened you wouldn't even have known.

Why? You lost nothing. If they hadn't told you this error had happened you wouldn't even have known.

Pete14, if you have followed this thread you may have noted the anger, upset and worry that somebody accessing your Bank Account without permission can cause.

While it may not have bothered you personally...it did bother me and others on here...Carnival could not bring themselves to send a personal apology so on that basis alone I will certainly enjoy the £100 goodwill payment on my next cruise, and as Carnival have decided this is how they are going to deal with "their mess" its only right everyone affected by this should also receive the goodwill payments.:)

Pete14, if you have followed this thread you may have noted the anger, upset and worry that somebody accessing your Bank Account without permission can cause.

While it may not have bothered you personally...it did bother me and others on here...Carnival could not bring themselves to send a personal apology so on that basis alone I will certainly enjoy the £100 goodwill payment on my next cruise, and as Carnival have decided this is how they are going to deal with "their mess" its only right everyone affected by this should also receive the goodwill payments.:)

If you had followed the thread, you will have noticed that recently I had to be issued with a new debit card due to a well known high street company (or a third party supplier) being hacked and bank details (possibly including mine) being accessed. Fortunately I lost nothing so I have not even considered expecting a payment. I will rely on the regulator of such things to take action and not seem to profit from their alleged negligence.

If you had followed the thread, you will have noticed that recently I had to be issued with a new debit card due to a well known high street company (or a third party supplier) being hacked and bank details (possibly including mine) being accessed. Fortunately I lost nothing so I have not even considered expecting a payment. I will rely on the regulator of such things to take action and not seem to profit from their alleged negligence.

Hmmm, your taking the moral high ground here is mute as the "goodwill payments" have been offered by Carnival as an apology for their wrongdoing and not generated by people after compensation...that is still being dealt with.

Still waiting for a response from Customer Services. However, in the meantime I emailed the Chief Executive of Carnival, david.noyes@carnivalukgroup.com and had a response from someone in his team in just over 24 hours sorting things out to our satisfaction. Might be worth a second email for anyone who hasn't heard back from normal channels.