Credit Card Charged in error

Alan & Giselle

May I ask how much the AIBP would have cost to purchase?clear.png?emoji-cocktail-610:)

The UK £ equivalent all depends on the rate against the US $ when you book. Yesterday was offered the package and was told it would be on my Cruise Personaliser for my cruise as she was doing it immediately. On looking it is down as a complimentary gift but equivalent cost is £643.44pp.

I have already posted on another site where this issue is being discussed how appalled I am that P&O appear to be making people beg for crumbs. EVERYONE who has been affected by this fiasco should be treated the same and offered the same plus any charges incurred. What on earth are they playing at??

My error was with Cunard, though obviously the same parent company. I didn't request compensation as the amount involved wasn't enough to cause us any problems. I did however email Cunard to express my disappointment at the way it was handled and today got an email offering $60 OBC.

It seems to me that anyone writing in, even someone not seeking any refund of expenses incurred, is being offered something, though they clearly aren't consistent in what they offer.

Ultimately this is likely to cause them more problems than the actual error. if they had simply written to everyone offering a small amount of OBC I'd bet 99% of people would have been perfectly happy and even somewhat impressed with the response. As it is, it will gradually filter around people that some are getting OBC and some aren't.

I have already posted on another site where this issue is being discussed how appalled I am that P&O appear to be making people beg for crumbs. EVERYONE who has been affected by this fiasco should be treated the same and offered the same plus any charges incurred. What on earth are they playing at??

What are they doing; maximising profits to deliver higher dividends to shareholders.

How are they doing it; if you complain they give you something, if you don't they don't.

If you don't complain then you clearly don't care or were possibly not even aware of the issue.

I am starting to think that Carnival customer services are managed by muppets who clearly do not understand that you do not correct a monumental cock up with another monumental cock up...sadly this appears to be happening.

It could well be that people who were initially really annoyed and angry will get even more upset if they are treated as less important and less worthy than others from differing brands of the same Company (Carnival). This is really astonishing, it does appear they have completely lost their way here and a good shake up is required somewhere, we know these forums are read by Carnivals c/s teams, well now would be a good time to deal with things fairly and evenly across the board before any more customer goodwill disappears over the horizon.

This thread has gone a bit quiet, does this mean that "silence is still golden" fromP&O or are people are now happy with replies from P&O?

I have heard nothing from them...think I might get back in touch by Monday if no news...it may be they do not like my thoughts on the matter after looking on here.:evilsmile::)

This thread has gone a bit quiet, does this mean that "silence is still golden" fromP&O or are people are now happy with replies from P&O?

I have heard nothing from them...think I might get back in touch by Monday if no news...it may be they do not like my thoughts on the matter after looking on here.:evilsmile::)

My problem is with Princess and they are not responding either.

I can't decide if they are waiting for directions from Carnival head office or just hoping that we will all go away. Either way I am not impressed

I feel ready for a bit of a scrap with them unless I get a sincere heartfelt apology, albeit a bit late. I dont give two monkeys about the onboard spend thats been (quite rightly, but miserly) offered to some souls on here...what I do want and will not forgive them if I dont see it, is a bit of understanding as to whats happened to their customers and some effort on their behalf to show they really are sorry and embarrassed by the whole episode...and I aint seen any of that yet.

You may have gathered I am still peeved not to have rec'd any sort of personal communication on this matter...but I am not going to let it go until I do.

Blimey all I need now is a "hung parliament"....errr hang on a minute.;):D

I feel ready for a bit of a scrap with them unless I get a sincere heartfelt apology, albeit a bit late. I dont give two monkeys about the onboard spend thats been (quite rightly, but miserly) offered to some souls on here...what I do want and will not forgive them if I dont see it, is a bit of understanding as to whats happened to their customers and some effort on their behalf to show they really are sorry and embarrassed by the whole episode...and I aint seen any of that yet.

You may have gathered I am still peeved not to have rec'd any sort of personal communication on this matter...but I am not going to let it go until I do.

Blimey all I need now is a "hung parliament"....errr hang on a minute.;):D

Please post if/when you get a response, I am not concerned about OBC, it would probably be too late for us but an appreciation of the difficulties caused,even if you were not out of pocket, would be appreciated.

Slightly off topic I know but I recently may have had my personal and bank card details hacked because I bought something online. The well known high street name I ordered from hid behind the fact that it was the fault of a third party supplier who (unknown to me and presumably many other customers) provide the service the well known name sells online. Although I had bought from them before, I was unaware I had an account as I always purchase as a 'visitor'. I didn't lose any money but had to change my bank card to prevent the possibility of the hacked details being used fraudulently. No offer of any compensation (not that I was looking for any), no acceptance of blame and no decent customer service. I guess the adverse publicity they received has now been forgotten by anybody who was not affected by it so all they will lose is the future custom of a few. It is unlikely that regulators will take action although a massive fine would be justified in my opinion and the hackers will no doubt not be found.

Compared to this, all of a sudden P&O don't seem to be quite so bad at resolving matters.

I was one of P and O passengers to be charged twice. I have emailed customer services twice in the last 10 days and only received the automated replies. Has anyone else experienced this lack of communication? Has anyone any suggestions in how to get them to reply to your emails like any other email address or a contact telephone number?

I was one of P and O passengers to be charged twice. I have emailed customer services twice in the last 10 days and only received the automated replies. Has anyone else experienced this lack of communication? Has anyone any suggestions in how to get them to reply to your emails like any other email address or a contact telephone number?

On the P&O website, click on "Request a Quote", complete and send. P&O will then call you:)

Discuss - Sales will then pass you to Customer Services.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

There doesnt seem to be any pattern as to whether people are receiving replies and offers of OBC from P&O. Or not. I have not received any such offer as yet. I have

written to Customer Services once again through my TA telling them exactly what I think of the way they are treating their customers. Its a very arrogant company indeed that has no concern for customer satisfaction.

It is very demeaning to have to grovel for what should be an automatic gesture of good will to all affected by this fiasco.

I received a call from customer services on Tuesday, apologising for the error, the lady said they were still in the dark as to why or how it happened. She asked if I had incurred interest charges or bank charges, but I hadn't. I did say how concerned I was with this situation and had to juggle money around from savings accounts to pay some bills. She offered £50 for each of us in our party so an extra £200 OBC, which I accepted as a gesture of goodwill. It has made us think about paying through bank transfer in future.

They are quoting up to 28 days for a reply (but aim for 5 days). Standard ABTA timescales.

I suspect that the delay is down to the sheer number of people who have been adversely affected by this fiasco.

Thanks Eglesbrech, Must admit I never noticed the "up to 28 day" bit....guess I might have to give them the benefit of the doubt for a while longer as that would probably be their "get out of jail" card.

I've just had a call from Princess this morning after emailing them last week and also posting on their Facebook page that I still hadn't had a response.

I was offered specially dining & a bottle of wine or OBC as a gesture of goodwill.

I accepted OBC and have $100 each.

I wasn't affected with charges etc my gripe was the retaining of the card information and the lack of an personalised reply.

She was very apologetic and I wouldn't want her job!

It seems rather ask and you will get an offer rather everybody being compensated which leaves a very sour taste.

Please post if/when you get a response, I am not concerned about OBC, it would probably be too late for us but an appreciation of the difficulties caused,even if you were not out of pocket, would be appreciated.

Hi Lizzyanne, I will of course post any update here....dont hold your breath though.:D:D

I wrote in earlier in the week and have been informed by letter today that there will be a welcome on board package waiting for us.I have checked and it sells for £65.

The money was taken out of my account on a Saturday and returned the following Monday so didn't loose anything it was just the annoyance of the fact that it was taken.

Rick.

I am surprised that there are reports on here of differing compensation amounts offered to P&O customers. Also the compensations offered to Princess Customers seem to differ as well. I wonder what determines that - value of cruise, loyalty status, person dealing with the complaint.....what ?