Credit Card Charged in error

Alan & Giselle

I sent an email to customer relations complaining about the situation on Friday afternoon. I have yet to receive an acknowledgement, let alone a reply. I feel the whole episode has been badly handled. A good will payment of £100 OBC would at least go some way to aleviating peoples frustration and anger. A £100 OBC probably costs Carnival less than £25 and they will be able to claim that back from Elavon Merchant Services who caused this debacle in the first place.

I am pleased to say that I have today recieved an Email from P&O, acknowledging my claim for compensation and offering myself and OH £50 each in OBC.

This looks like a form letter although it is addressed to me personally. I reckon that this is fair and have Emailed back to accept.

Does anyone know whereabouts on my cruise personaliser my OBC is shown as I can't find it?

I am pleased to say that I have today recieved an Email from P&O, acknowledging my claim for compensation and offering myself and OH £50 each in OBC.

This looks like a form letter although it is addressed to me personally. I reckon that this is fair and have Emailed back to accept.

Does anyone know whereabouts on my cruise personaliser my OBC is shown as I can't find it?

We were promised an email on Tuesday (30 May 2017) with regards to compensation - still waiting.

I would take a copy of the email onboard with you just in case the OBC is not showing on your account.

Obc doesn't appear in the CP. As mandylennon suggests, print out that email and take it with you. Usually when additional obc is applied to your booking (eg share holder benefit) you get an updated booking confirmation from P&O showing the revised obc. But if that isn't forthcoming - it would have to be linked to a future cruise and some customers may not have another cruise booked - then the email may be the only proof you would have at this stage. Pleased that you are satisfied with their response - enjoy spending it. ;)

Thanks for all your support. Yes, I did Email to say that I wanted to make a claim, which is presumably where they got my name to reply to. I hope that this is a general response and everybody affected gets automatic credit.

Has anyone else recieved a response from P&O on the fiasco yet apart from smj777?

Just seems to have gone a bit quiet here...BTW I have not...it occured to me that P&O may have asked people to keep Mum about any offer to spare their (P&Os) blushes.:(:)

Has anyone else recieved a response from P&O on the fiasco yet apart from smj777?

Just seems to have gone a bit quiet here...BTW I have not...it occured to me that P&O may have asked people to keep Mum about any offer to spare their (P&Os) blushes.:(:)[/quote

Interesting comment on the Cunard forum saying that someone currently on a Princess cruise had been told that something would be delivered to their cabin as a goodwill gesture. I can find no other reference to this but you could be right about it being dealt with discreetly.

Whilst we were on Aurora a couple of weeks ago, I received two emails from P&O saying that these incorrect payments had been taken from my account (presumably in relation to some of our future cruises) and then reversed. I have checked my accounts since returning home and nothing had happened at all. No payments out. No reversed payment back in. Very strange.

I have checked my accounts since returning home and nothing had happened at all. No payments out. No reversed payment back in. Very strange.

Credit card or debit card.

My understanding is debit cards the money was taken and put back (it was for me), but credit cards they only placed a reservation against the money. You would only have seen that if you checked the 'available to spend' figure, it wouldn't show on the statement​.

My understanding is debit cards the money was taken and put back (it was for me), but credit cards they only placed a reservation against the money. You would only have seen that if you checked the 'available to spend' figure, it wouldn't show on the statement​.

Ah, thanks. Yes it was a credit card, so that makes sense. Hope I can still blag the £50pp OBC ;)

We didn't have the money actually taken from the account with a debit card, but did have a 'hold' on the account for a week meaning the money couldn't be withdrawn

Important information

Dear

As promised, I am writing to you with an update on the recent payment error.

We have been working with Elavon, the card payment processor and we have been informed by all the UK clearing banks with whom we have been in contact that all refunds have been processed and the pre-authorisation reversals should be finalised by this weekend. If your refund has not been cleared or if you still have an outstanding pre-authorisation please contact us on 0800 052 3840.

If you or anyone associated with the booking have incurred any bank or credit card charges as a direct result of this issue then please respond to this email and we will send you a unique reference number and instructions on how to access securely a reimbursement form through our website. For security we will not send you any links. Please note that reimbursement for charges incurred will not be dealt with by telephone.

Once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or concern that this has caused.

Yours sincerely

Paul Ludlow

Senior Vice President, P&O Cruises

This is the email I received. Since we didn't incur any bank charges and didn't suffer any financial hardship. I can't see that I can make a claim for anything.

This is the email I received. Since we didn't incur any bank charges and didn't suffer any financial hardship. I can't see that I can make a claim for anything.

But I bet if you send them an "I am disappointed in you" email they will pay you off with £50 OBC.

It all seems a bit random, writing to some customers but not others. Responding to some but not to others. Either they are totally disorganised or there are just so many people who have been affected by this that it is taking time.

I suspect it is more a case of keep quiet and only deal with questions raised.

Someone a few posts earlier mentioned they hadn't seen any money leave as they used a credit card and hadn't even noticed the reservation placed (and now removed).

Why would P&O want to do anything in that case which might cause work or expense.

Basic ethics. Sneaking in and out of someone's credit or debit card is not ok and i.m.o neither is just keeping it quiet and hoping they don't notice.

There is still the question of why they have written to some (affected) customers and not others?

Just seems to have gone a bit quiet here...BTW I have not...it occured to me that P&O may have asked people to keep Mum about any offer to spare their (P&Os) blushes.:(:)[/quote

Interesting comment on the Cunard forum saying that someone currently on a Princess cruise had been told that something would be delivered to their cabin as a goodwill gesture. I can find no other reference to this but you could be right about it being dealt with discreetly.

Can you please let me know the email address used for the claim? Thanks