Random Notes, 5/24-6/7/17, Mariner, Rumorlite but LIVE!

Phillygirl, thank you! Cool Fool, we are not off the ship quite yet! What do you say we go on a mini-tour of Butchart together via a few snaps?

The Butchart $$$ shot: The Sunken Garden

cc71fd22cf1d5591fa72ef4769624360.jpg

Ross Fountain, just beyond the Sunken Garden

20a2e1b828e8ae20616f4656510dad5c.jpg

Color color everywhere!

7cd8bd093f3718414cf33cbfc8ce4396.jpg

7c4860c4f717e092d89829ff6bb94541.jpg

In the Japanese Garden

fbcd853acdb72582c5edfe46a341f188.jpg

Saying hi to one of the gardeners

48695936168f13447277c72dd51b746a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shauna with her bagful of bling. Thanks again, Karen and Jim, Karen and John and Sydney and Steve for giving Shauna your Regent Rewards Points. She used all but two of the points, and she is delighted to have those cards as souvenirs!

ba5f81b2da1682a90a2596606189332a.jpg

Before pooping out (no time for a nap on our last day!) Shauna showed off few of her cool dance moves at the Beatles bash, and even led the Fab Four Express during "Penny Lane."

1dab37eeb535d597061ba6f015645bf5.jpg

7199100c6ad090d2bf7a5bb48322bc6c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some end-of-the-cruise good news: The Mariner is back to Code Green! At dinner tonight, that meant salt and pepper shakers back on the table, along with the bread basket and butter. (BTW, my entree tonight--Fresh Baked Salmon with Porcini Crust and Leak-Muscatel Vinaigrette--was fabulous, easily the best entree I've enjoyed all cruise.)

Our final Mariner sleep beckons. But before turning in, I have one more new-name-tag modeler to share with you. . . none other than Captain Serena Melani, on her fourth Regent command. It has been such a pleasure for Shauna, Ginny and me to cruise with Captain Serena a second time, and we hope you'll have the opportunity, too.

ec1453b46bac73d80f4ce25978e40948.jpg

Mr Rumour your posts and photographs have made me smile every day, CC won't be the same when you disembark Mariner. Thanks to you and Ginnny and Shauna for taking us along with you.

So glad you had a fabulous cruise and well done to Shauna for choosing good prizes. Safe travels home, and look forward to your next travel blog. Thanks, Jean.

The Mariner sails into Vancouver as this blog sails into the sunset!

This has been a terrific cruise, with beautiful memories and new friends made. Shauna had a ball. She's still hyped. "Mommy--get up!" she exhorted from her bed a short while ago. But I know she'll be happy to be home and back to her routine. Shauna has a great life every day, filled with friends and fun activities.

Big thanks for your support and kind words. The plan was for this blog to be Rumorlite, but your enthusiasm spurred me to go beyond!

Rich

5f52c5a0d3218f44610781bd30582568.jpg

5cd8d10eda829f6bce56b1fa17520545.jpg

dcb90bff280d26cde66e8c822f30d886.jpg

bd8078a8cbf10f56587f150a3d690ecf.jpg

4ad6f2b10eaff64b8073cb0a5c1f1600.jpg

Edited by Mr Rumor

Rich, you should work for a postcard company. Your photos were absolutely beautiful. Especially loved the eagle in the tree. Todays shots were nothing short of "postcard"! Along with everyone else, thanks so much for a great blog!

Linda and John

Chow to Rich, Ginny, and Shauna! We are in Italy and having a great trip. We loved reading your blog and especially loved Shauna's picture with the cast! Your pictures make us want to book a trip to Alaska! Hugs from Mark and Susan

• 4 weeks later...
Roberto: Appreciate the nice words, brother. Hope you and Pam went ahead and booked that New England cruise. Making an onboard booking helps me cope with the End of the Cruise Blues.

Thanks, Jackie, 1982CruzStart, Susan and Mark, Bill, Ann and Shel, Cindie and Jim, Linda and John, Peggy, Lisa and Mel, Tina and Wes--it's great to have your company! I mean that literally for our fellow cruisers Cindie and Jim (thanks for those beautiful words about Shauna) and Lisa and Mel. Ginny, Shauna and look forward to meeting you. (Wes, I packed my gym duds and hope to burn at least several thousand calories in very early a.m. workouts. You and Ida continue to inspire me.)

We're happily situated in our hotel room, a five minute drive from the Sunport. Shauna was the first one to hit the hay (she was sawing wood five minutes after I took the snap below) and we'll be turning in early, too. We have no choice, as we have had to set our alarms (note plural) for 3:15 a.m.!

By the way, the little feller sharing Shauna's pillow is Stowie. Ginny, who never met a craft she didn't like, created this little guy as a teenager, and he's been our other traveling companion for years. Quiet and unassuming as he is, he has a way of working himself into my photos, so I doubt this will be the last we see of him.

Good night. . .

Rich

34e4f22cb4d95e11ef7314dcb4f30a13.jpg

:hearteyes: