Uber is way to go!

andymattmom

Does FLL have a specific area where the ride share cars pick up passengers from?

They have to pickup at the commercial pickup area between the terminals. Where the hotels etc pickup. You probably want to contact the driver so you are on the same page. If they miss you and have to go around it can be a mess.

Seems the OP has not forwarded any info about the wonderful driver that he/she spoke about.

See that there have been many requests for info that he spoke about.

Seems none of the requests (including an earlier one from me) have been answered.

If OP is out there; can you please respond one way or another.

Thanks. clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

It seems most of these post were for FLL but my question pertains to POM. I will be staying at Marriott Miami airport and need transfers to and from the port. I would like to use Uber but have never done so before. Tried once and mistakenly ended up signing up to be a driver, so have been nervous to try again. Getting from the hotel to the port, I figure is easier than from the port back to hotel. How does it work with requesting a driver for pick up at port with hundreds of people standing looking for pick up?

Need some help better understanding how it all works.

To all the posters out there, I am an Uber driver in the Cleveland, OH area. There are several 3rd party sites that discuss the various cities that Uber serves and pros and cons of both drivers and riders. All you need to know is where to get a ride from FLL airport or Miami (usually the commercial vehicle area between terminals) and the Port Everglades pickup points. At that area, there are marked "commercial pickup" areas for taxis, limos and Uber and Lyft drivers to get you.

Although some drivers do private pickups outside of the Uber app, if they are caught, they get kicked off the program.

One other issue is the SURGE pricing, which usually hits late at night or early in the AM (before 6am) for airport pickups. You will be able to see if that area has a RED surge price structure then, which can be 2 to 4 times the regular rate.

But if you are coming in between 6am to 11pm, then you are normally ok for regular pricing.

In conclusion, most Uber drivers are safe and reliable, because their ratings are affected by bad rides and passengers who complain. All of us want our scores to be a perfect 5.0.

BTW, will be arriving FLL in mid January and will be taking Uber to the port.

It seems most of these post were for FLL but my question pertains to POM. I will be staying at Marriott Miami airport and need transfers to and from the port. I would like to use Uber but have never done so before. Tried once and mistakenly ended up signing up to be a driver, so have been nervous to try again. Getting from the hotel to the port, I figure is easier than from the port back to hotel. How does it work with requesting a driver for pick up at port with hundreds of people standing looking for pick up?

Need some help better understanding how it all works.

Hi. We used Uber for the first time in May for our cruise. We got in late to Miami so just used a cab from the airport to the hotel. The next morning we used Uber to get from the hotel to the Miami port. Once we got off the cruise we used Uber to get us from the Miami port to the Ft. Lauderdale airport I was super nervous about the process. Best decision we have made! When you put in where you want to go various drivers in the area will pop up. You can see what type of vehicle they have. Once you select them it will give you the make and model of their vehicle and license plate. You can also contact them directly which is what we do. I also text them a picture of hubby and myself so the driver knows what we look like. Good luck! Wanda

Hi. We used Uber for the first time in May for our cruise. We got in late to Miami so just used a cab from the airport to the hotel. The next morning we used Uber to get from the hotel to the Miami port. Once we got off the cruise we used Uber to get us from the Miami port to the Ft. Lauderdale airport I was super nervous about the process. Best decision we have made! When you put in where you want to go various drivers in the area will pop up. You can see what type of vehicle they have. Once you select them it will give you the make and model of their vehicle and license plate. You can also contact them directly which is what we do. I also text them a picture of hubby and myself so the driver knows what we look like. Good luck! Wanda

Thank you, that was very helpful. I am still nervous about the first step in the process in requesting one. Putting in my information and all. As I said before, I tried before and somehow signed up to be a driver. I am usually pretty computer savvy but I do not know how that happened. Still makes me nervous.

Thank you, that was very helpful. I am still nervous about the first step in the process in requesting one. Putting in my information and all. As I said before, I tried before and somehow signed up to be a driver. I am usually pretty computer savvy but I do not know how that happened. Still makes me nervous.

I signed up right from my IPhone. Maybe it will be less confusing that way.

Is the Uber app global. Can I download in UK then use in Miami or should I wait and download in Miami.

Definitely global. Uber is in many cities around the globe. I use the Uber app in Florida or Ohio, where I live, and then used it last fall in London. And will this year in the U.K. and France.

If you are riding for the first time, get a promo code from an existing rider for a $15 discount on your ride. If you need a code, use mine and we both get the discount.

Anyone can use it: 6y3g9

Neal from Cincinnati.

Definitely global. Uber is in many cities around the globe. I use the Uber app in Florida or Ohio, where I live, and then used it last fall in London. And will this year in the U.K. and France.

If you are riding for the first time, get a promo code from an existing rider for a $15 discount on your ride. If you need a code, use mine and we both get the discount.

Anyone can use it: 6y3g9

Neal from Cincinnati.

Thanks Neal. I have down loaded the app and hopefully I can figure out the right way to use it when I need it in Miami to get to the cruise port from our hotel. I will attempt to use your code if it still is useable in October. Do you enter the code during the payment process?

Thanks Neal. I have down loaded the app and hopefully I can figure out the right way to use it when I need it in Miami to get to the cruise port from our hotel. I will attempt to use your code if it still is useable in October. Do you enter the code during the payment process?

Hey Harbour20,

The Uber app is fairly easy to use. Get your credit card info in there at any time. You can plug in a promo code at any time also-that code works for anyone at any time. You can always play around with the app to see how it all works; just don't Request a Ride. You can even get estimates of your fares.

I hope that helps.

Neal

Seems the OP has not forwarded any info about the wonderful driver that he/she spoke about.

See that there have been many requests for info that he spoke about.

Seems none of the requests (including an earlier one from me) have been answered.

If OP is out there; can you please respond one way or another.

Thanks. :cool:

I'm sorry I haven't been on boards lately. I sent info to several people requesting it. I am not posting his information on here. I plan on sending out to people who've requested today. I was on vacation and have things outside Cruise Critic to check daily.

I did text Fritz who said he has helped a couple people and has a pickup scheduled later this year. Said thanks for making him famous! I wanted to be sure he still wanted his number given out- he said yes. I will email privately to people.

Edited by andymattmom

I'm sorry I haven't been on boards lately. I sent info to several people requesting it. I am not posting his information on here. I plan on sending out to people who've requested today. I was on vacation and have things outside Cruise Critic to check daily.

I did text Fritz who said he has helped a couple people and has a pickup scheduled later this year. Said thanks for making him famous! I wanted to be sure he still wanted his number given out- he said yes. I will email privately to people.

Thanks for the update! Would you please add me to the list?

disneycast@aol.com

I'm sorry I haven't been on boards lately. I sent info to several people requesting it.

Thanks so much. Yes, wondered if you were away on holidays or if you were just not checking the boards. When I noted on here that the OP had not been heard from recently in no way was it to be nasty. I was just wondering when we may hear from you.

Received your info via e-mail. Many thanks.

Glad to hear that Fritz is happy with all of the referrals you have sent his way. As I stated originally, hopefully next time he will give you a free ride.

Again, thanks. :)

• 4 weeks later...