Odds of a room upgrade on Allure? I know... you can laugh

My wife, 2 year old son and I are cruising on the Allure October 22 this year. I was wondering what the odds are of getting an upgraded room? We are currently booked in a Central Park view Balcony and I have my fingers crossed (I know its a pipe dream) that we get an upgrade to a JS. The ONLY reason I am hoping for this is because we will be one cruise credit shy of Diamond after this cruise! Again, I know its wishful thinking but wondering if this has ever happened to anyone?

I'm with cruisegirl. Just check prices daily as you get closer to your sail date. We were booked in a balcony on Harmony and were considering paying the $2k difference to upgrade to the JS. By daily price checking we found a JS for $200 more when the prices dropped. (So we spent the $2k and upgraded to a crown Loft instead [emoji38]... couldn't resist that deal.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are all confirming what I had already figured... just wishful thinking I guess ;p

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely keep an eye on the prices but we got in at an amazing deal plus it was a "kids cruise free" sale too.

Happy Cruising everyone!

If you are hoping for a C & A complimentary upgrade, then John&LaLa and Janet524 both said it very well. Availability for an upgrade is extremely limited on most sailings and in the rare instances when it does happen, it typically is offered by tier level starting the highest tier members first and in order on down. Reaching you at Emerald would have to clear several tiers first. And as indicated, multiple category bumps IMO would be a real long shot.

That all being said we were fortunate on one sailing several years ago as Diamond to receive a C & A upgrade from a JS to a GS - one category higher. But I believe that was a very rare occurrence and likely the first and last time that will happen to us! ;)

If you want to pay additional your dream will come true. As somebody else suggested as the cruise ship sails and has if it has junior suites available, you might snag one at a lower price. enjoy your cruise. We had a cpv on deck 9 for three and it was fine. Actually the cpv without a balcony is larger then the cpv with a balcony. It has a really nice picture window and window seat. Enjoy your cruise the Allure is great

I don't believe complimentary upgrades qualify for double points.

If you move - as the OP is hoping - from a standard category to a suite, then you are correct, they do not provide double points. But all of the other benefits of that category will apply.

If, as in our case, you start in a suite category that offers double points (JS) and are upgraded (GS), the double points are still issued.

If you move - as the OP is hoping - from a standard category to a suite, then you are correct, they do not provide double points. But all of the other benefits of that category will apply.

If, as in our case, you start in a suite category that offers double points (JS) and are upgraded (GS), the double points are still issued.

And there you have it... My dreams are crushed HAHA

But we are super excited to try out the Central Park Balcony since we have never had it before but have heard good thanks! Thanks all!!!!

My wife, 2 year old son and I are cruising on the Allure October 22 this year. I was wondering what the odds are of getting an upgraded room? We are currently booked in a Central Park view Balcony and I have my fingers crossed (I know its a pipe dream) that we get an upgrade to a JS. The ONLY reason I am hoping for this is because we will be one cruise credit shy of Diamond after this cruise! Again, I know its wishful thinking but wondering if this has ever happened to anyone?
Honestly, anything is possible, but I would say slim to none in your situation. Enjoy your cruise.