Steakhouse Seafood

bUU

It's called a Steakhouse. So my initial impression is that going there explicitly for seafood is probably barking up the wrong tree. Good folks with insights into those specific entrees please share them?

(And this is not a case where most of our party or some of our party would order steak and so the others would just "settle" for seafood entree so that the rest of the party could enjoy the steak. My spouse and I don't eat beef or chicken or lamb... Just seafood and vegetables. So were we to consider the steakhouse it would solely be because the seafood entrees are remarkable.)

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It's called a Steakhouse. So my initial impression is that going there explicitly for seafood is probably barking up the wrong tree. Good folks with insights into those specific entrees please share them?

(And this is not a case where most of our party or some of our party would order steak and so the others would just "settle" for seafood entree so that the rest of the party could enjoy the steak. My spouse and I don't eat beef or chicken or lamb... Just seafood and vegetables. So were we to consider the steakhouse it would solely be because the seafood entrees are remarkable.)

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

While I have never had either, they have lobster tail and Chilean sea bass

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Chilean sea bass is excellent. The lobster ravioli was very good as was the lobster. Please don't feel as you are settling for something less by not partaking in steak. I enjoy steak but we often eat in the steakhouse two or three time a week. I have at one point tried every item on the menu. It is a lovely experience and I am sure you and your friends will have a wonderful evening.

The lobster is very good. Not great, and obviously not just plucked from the tank just judging by the flavor and texture. But it's good size and has the lobster flavor that lobster lovers crave, unlike the little baby lobster tails (poor things didn't even get to grow up!) in MDR.

The steak, IMO is excellent.

The rack of lamb, one time it was excellent and the other just very good.

I have heard others exclaim about the sea bass and I love fresh fish so it's so tempting but it's so hard not to order a steak when you remember them being so great.

After spending 20 years a day trip away from Maine, I suspect I was spoiled so much that I'll never have lobster anywhere else. The sea bass though sound mighty interesting.

Thanks for the info!

I have ordered the Chilean Sea Bass in the Steakhouse on five different Carnival ships. It has always been so delicious. I recommend letting the hostess know that you only eat seafood and veggies as we've been served burger sliders as "compliments of the chef." I always give mine to someone at our table.

My wife always gets the Patagonian toothfish at the steakhouse. It is an enormous portion and it is fantastic. I've enjoyed a taste of hers on multiple occasions and it has always been very good. You will not be disappointed. The amuse-bouche often contains meat, so my wife just gives me hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how responsive the steakhouse generally is to dietary restrictions such as "seafood only"? It sounds like you're saying that we should let them know so they *omit* portions of the meal that they would normally offer us.

From that I'm getting the impression that they don't adjust what they offer in any way to such dietary restrictions. While we didn't eat at the specialty restaurant on the Disney Dream the main dining room adjusted what they offered us quite significantly. I'm a little surprised that a specialty restaurant on another Cruise Line wouldn't do something comparable.

Does anyone know how responsive the steakhouse generally is to dietary restrictions such as "seafood only"? It sounds like you're saying that we should let them know so they *omit* portions of the meal that they would normally offer us.

From that I'm getting the impression that they don't adjust what they offer in any way to such dietary restrictions. While we didn't eat at the specialty restaurant on the Disney Dream the main dining room adjusted what they offered us quite significantly. I'm a little surprised that a specialty restaurant on another Cruise Line wouldn't do something comparable..

I think they are accommodating to the needs of guests, but I also think you need to notify the host in advance. They generally bring out a tray with all the menu options (ie. steaks, lamb), but you can ask them not to do that.

The appetizers offered will give you plenty of options: shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, lobster bisque, plus of course salads, and then you can choose fish or lobster as your main.

I'd suggest you save room for dessert, but so far I've never been able to do that!

I think they are accommodating to the needs of guests, but I also think you need to notify the host in advance. They generally bring out a tray with all the menu options (ie. steaks, lamb), but you can ask them not to do that.

The appetizers offered will give you plenty of options: shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, lobster bisque, plus of course salads, and then you can choose fish or lobster as your main.

I'd suggest you save room for dessert, but so far I've never been able to do that!

We usually ask them to pack our dessert to go. The cheesecake looks amazing, but in reality, isn't quite as good as I hope it would be. I love cheesecake, and my wife makes an amazing one. Different strokes for different folks. I imagine plenty of people would like it plenty.

Very responsive to allergies.

The little bite before the meal rotates nightly as does the ice cream.

An alternative to consider is to see if your ship has a Seafood eatery. Not all ships have it. If the steakhouse selections for seafood are not comprehensive enough you might consider it if they carry what you like.

menuSeafood_2.jpg

The seafood shack was very good but only fried or boiled

It would be great if they could expand the menu with a grill or broiler; then they would really have an alternative dinner venue, IMO.

From that I'm getting the impression that they don't adjust what they offer in any way to such dietary restrictions. While we didn't eat at the specialty restaurant on the Disney Dream the main dining room adjusted what they offered us quite significantly. I'm a little surprised that a specialty restaurant on another Cruise Line wouldn't do something comparable.

The Steakhouse chefs will be very accommodating to food requests/issues. We traveled with a group of friends, one who has serious allergies to many foods. They prepared special items just for her, including the amuse-bouche and dessert.

Upon embarkation, head right over to the Steakhouse and speak with the hostess.

A friend of mine had the Chilean Sea Bass on The Magic and raved about it. If you don't eat meat I would still go to the steakhouse as everything was so good.

ABSOLUTELY!! The Sea Bass and Lobster are two of my favorites. Plenty of choices that are not "steak". [emoji6]