Cruise Next Certificates Now for Deposit Only?

AlexandNessa

Did I miss the discussion on this? Feel free to point me to the thread if that's the case.

I know it's stated in the rules it's deposit only, but they always allowed a cruise cert towards final payment if you hadn't used one for a deposit. I bought two, thinking I'd apply them towards final payment for two upcoming cruises, but now I might be sitting on two I may not use. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

The rules are that these are good for NEW cruises. Not for cruises that are already booked.

So, if a cruise has not been booked, then it would be used for the deposit for the cruise.

So, in your case, you may be out of luck.

When did you buy them? If within 30 days, you can return them.

Either way, there have been "stories" about folks still getting them applied to the outstanding balance and a cruise that has not been fully paid for.

Current rules here > https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

Hi!

NCL management seems to be on the way to becoming the blue light special of the cruise industry. We have had numerous cruises with NCL until the last Getaway cruise our of Miami in April 2017. This cruise was sub par from the moment we arrived at the terminal until we actually were able to get off the ship after about 1.5 hours standing in line.

After several nice experiences with NCL, we came to expect certain things like lobster on the menus in the specialty restaurants, priority boarding, and other things that have been eliminated. I noticed that NCL has a new CEO, and I would wager that he has something to do with the great reduction in services and amenities.

Bottom line is that we also have two each $250 cruise next certificates that I am trying to sell cheap. After 35 days on cruises with NCL, I am going to try another cruise line this fall.

By the way, Latitudes points have become virtually worthless.

Boo

IF you have a PCC in Miami with whom you have a great rapport then you might be able to have a FCC credited to an already booked cruise. They seem to be able to cancel and rebook with no problem and then use your FCC and any earlier deposit as a new deposit. If that is the case just check on the situation with the possible change in perks and any financial extras.

Did I miss the discussion on this? Feel free to point me to the thread if that's the case.

I know it's stated in the rules it's deposit only, but they always allowed a cruise cert towards final payment if you hadn't used one for a deposit. I bought two, thinking I'd apply them towards final payment for two upcoming cruises, but now I might be sitting on two I may not use. :(

Have you asked to have them applied? Were you turned down?

I know that there was a program going on recently where you could apply 2 certificates to a cruise (one as a deposit and one towards the final payment), but there were some stipulations as to when the cruise sailed and not all cruises were eligible. That is the only time that I have heard that cruise next certificates could be used for anything other than a deposit on a new sailing.

Hi!

NCL management seems to be on the way to becoming the blue light special of the cruise industry. We have had numerous cruises with NCL until the last Getaway cruise our of Miami in April 2017. This cruise was sub par from the moment we arrived at the terminal until we actually were able to get off the ship after about 1.5 hours standing in line.

After several nice experiences with NCL, we came to expect certain things like lobster on the menus in the specialty restaurants, priority boarding, and other things that have been eliminated. I noticed that NCL has a new CEO, and I would wager that he has something to do with the great reduction in services and amenities.

Bottom line is that we also have two each $250 cruise next certificates that I am trying to sell cheap. After 35 days on cruises with NCL, I am going to try another cruise line this fall.

Boo

I hear you on that. All these changes are coming so hard and fast. At first I thought, ok, they're ripping off a band aid, announcing so many changes at once. But now I'm wondering when (if!) the band aid pulling will stop.

We'll keep the cruises we have booked for now, but I'm wondering if we aren't getting ready to try all inclusive resorts instead of cruising.

Yes, you are right. But i as well as many others have been able to apply them to existing reservations. Just wish I had a little warning that they were going to suddenly enforce the rule, that's all.

Applying more than one Cruise Next on a booking is a promotional offer. NCL puts the offer on. Then takes it off. At the minimum the Cruise Next is worth $250 on a booking, and secures the deposit until final payment date.

I could not tell you if TODAY they are allowing combined Cruise Next coupons. A month ago they did.

Yes NCL is not what it used to be. The CEO is actually the guy from Oceania, Frank Del Rio. Looks like he is trying to put folks in the high end line, and out of a Norwegian ship. Recall when lobster was served in Main Dining Room ? Now it is scarce in the Specialty Restaurants. April 2016 in Tappanyaki I did seafood dinner. Lobster, scallops, and calamari. November 2016 I ordered the seafood dinner again. Now lobster substituted with shrimp.

It was either Jan or April 2016 I ordered lobster in Cagneys, the steak house. When it came out I thought it was large mudbug. Well no, I knew it was a small CHICK. By the middle of the week with many complaining. They stopped offering lobster at all.

By the middle of the week with many complaining. They stopped offering lobster at all.

So it is all your fault!!!!! VBG

Alright I get credit for something !

Coin collecting Kiwi or Canuck ? Hey isn't EARLY morning down there ? Dark ?

NOW YOU CAN APPLY TWO OF YOUR DEPOSITS TO YOUR NEXT CRUISE!

STARTING APRIL 6, 2017, YOU CAN APPLY TWO OF YOUR CRUISE REWARD, CRUISENEXT, CRUISENEXT HAVEN, OR CRUISENEXT LITE DEPOSITS

TO YOUR NEXT ELIGIBLE CRUISE WHEN YOU BOOK A BALCONY OR ABOVE STATEROOM ON SAILINGS AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OUT.

There you have it. Use 2 if 6 months out on balcony.

Texasreb

dheinson at swbell dot net

Alright I get credit for something !

Coin collecting Kiwi or Canuck ? Hey isn't EARLY morning down there ? Dark ?

Actually it is 9am in Vancouver!!!

My oft used sign off is:- Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice; Canuck by Family Ties.

Real crazy mixed up Senior!!

From NZ we come to Vancouver to visit family before cruising. This time 2 cruises in the UK before arriving for another visit here and then back to NZ.

Mike

I find it a little funny that because someone at NCL did you a favor in the past by canceling your cruise and rebooking it so that you could use a Cruise Next Deposit, you view it as a reduction in service that they're actually restricting their use to deposits for new reservations. And they should issue a statement indicating that Cruise Next Deposits are for deposits? Sorry, I don't get your unhappiness over this one.

Hi!

Boo

With the recent changes they've added to the perks for latitudes. In addition, the new tier levels mirror those of who they think is their closest competitor, tier for tier, and that's Royal Caribbean. As far as priority boarding goes, that too was added to the latitudes tiers of platinum and above. So, more latitudes cruisers get priority boarding now. So while you may have completely valid reasons for moving to another line, it's surely not those.

If you really want to sell those certificates, how much do you want?

Edited by CruisinHarvey
added a question.

I find it a little funny that because someone at NCL did you a favor in the past by canceling your cruise and rebooking it so that you could use a Cruise Next Deposit, you view it as a reduction in service that they're actually restricting their use to deposits for new reservations. And they should issue a statement indicating that Cruise Next Deposits are for deposits? Sorry, I don't get your unhappiness over this one.

Um, no. Nothing was cancelled. It was simply applied as payment.

Less than a month ago, I booked a Transatlantic with a travel agent, paid a deposit thru them. Then a day or so later called and applied 2 deposits for 1000.00 credit.

So maybe if it is near the time of booking they allow it. They probably don't want us booking a cruise, going on another, purchasing deposits, then then apply to the already booked cruise.

Um, no. Nothing was cancelled. It was simply applied as payment.

Uh, no. Technically, they canceled your cruise before the final payment date, applied the Cruise Next Deposit, and rebooked you in the same cabin. Your prior cash deposit carried forward as an additional payment.

Uh, no. Technically, they canceled your cruise before the final payment date, applied the Cruise Next Deposit, and rebooked you in the same cabin. Your prior cash deposit carried forward as an additional payment.

Again, um, no. I kept the same reservation number, and the same perks, even though different perks applied between the time of booking and the time of applying the cruise next cert as payment. If I canceled and rebooked, new perks would've applied, even if technically as you claim.

Additionally, I purchased in January two certs for friends who had two cabins. It was actually a payment option for each cabin, well after their initial deposit was made. Nothing changed.

Hi!

Boo

How cheap? I might be interested in purchasing them from you.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

unless things have changed in the last month or so, you can apply the cruise next certificates anytime. I booked a cruise, payed in full then was gifted some certificates prior to sailing. I called and had it applied to my booking and they credited the amount to my credit card as i had already paid in full. I also just yesterday applied a certificate to my halloween cruise that i booked months ago. No problem at all.

I had had two cruises booked at the same time - booked them last year for this coming October and used a FCC on each as deposit. This week we made a decision on one and cancelled the other. My PCC cancelled the one cruise, got the FCC back and was able to apply it ($250) toward the other booking at my request (as it was expiring in 2018).

Now the final payment is $250 less :D

Yes, you are right. But i as well as many others have been able to apply them to existing reservations. Just wish I had a little warning that they were going to suddenly enforce the rule, that's all.

I'm not sure based on the above replies why you are having an issue while others are not

But if you continue to have problems

Just keep on reminding Ncl that

You bought them under one rule

They changed the rule

They refund or apply your certs. Period

You are not getting what you paid for. Period

If within your credit cards allowed timeframe you CAN dispute the charge

Ncl simply is not providing what they promised they would when they sold you the cert.

Just remind them of that when you request your refund

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No she didn't the rule has always been deposit only. Nothing changed other than that they seem to be tightening up on the exceptions. To file a dispute with her CC would be tantamount to fraud.

I was on the Escape June 3-10 and the cruise next desk said since I was outside of final payment I could just cancel and rebook to use two certificates. I however did not want to lose my extra latitude points I have prior to the rules change so me TA worked with NCL after the cruise to make sure I got the credit without changing the booking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

No she didn't the rule has always been deposit only. Nothing changed other than that they seem to be tightening up on the exceptions. To file a dispute with her CC would be tantamount to fraud.

I'm only responding to the fact they said/thought/were told they could use 2

And filing a dispute is not fraud when you don't get what you were told you would get

Wether they misunderstood or the rules or if Ncl certs are being enforced differently or arbitrarily...we don't know of course

If the credit card company agrees with the persons reasoning that's all that matters and if the credit card company agrees with Ncl after they issue a dispute refund....all they do is reverse the refund.

Please note....I am not advocating making up a story to get a refund....I am advocating getting the facts straight....appealing to Ncl first...and as a last resort explaining the situation to the credit card company and to let them decide if it's a valid dispute....

You said fraud NOT me

I don't understand why disputing a charge is considered taboo? You explain the situation I don't see fraud in that at all

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Slightly off topic but I have a question about my cruise certificate. If I book a cruise during the $50 deposit special for my husband, son, and myself. Will the cruise certificate cover my sons deposit since it is $250 or will I still owe the deposit for him since the cruise certificate covers deposits for 2 passengers? Just curious before I book thanks