Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale

jules815

I posted this on the Florida Departures forum yesterday and have no responses. Just wondering if anyone's stayed here.

Last 2 times we've cruise out of FLL we've stayed at the Ritz Carlton Ft. Lauderdale using points. Beautiful hotel, nice location. (We're from Chicago, so really enjoy doing our pre-cruise night near the ocean.) I just started searching for a hotel for our December 8th cruise. Not enough points for a night, and the RC is going for over $600. There is just no way it's worth that much money. Did a search on Trip Advisor and found the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Looks nice, good reviews, and a AAA rate of $170. And it's very close to the RC, so we know the area is good with many restaurants, bars within walking distance.

Has anyone stayed here?

Well, the Courtyard certainly isn't the Ritz Carlton;p

You'll need to lower your expectations. Having said that they are ok. They're a real basic Marriott property.

I haven't stayed at the one in FL, but have stayed in quite a few others.

We stayed at the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach previously and will be staying there again in January 2018 pre cruise. It's a nice clean hotel and as others posted is close to restaurants, bars etc . . . We always take a taxi to cruise port and it's not too bad of a distance away.

Yes stayed twice. It is a nice, clean Marriott quality hotel BUT if you stay on a Saturday night beware rooms on the left side if you are facing the water have a VERY VERY LOUD club next door. Now not just a little disturbance but so loud I could not stand to be in room and we were on the 9th floor. I slept in the lobby it was so bad. They didn't really seem to care, said Hotel was full so I could not move, said they could not do anything as the club has a permit for music. Well the club doesn't play music they BLAST music to the point of public disruption, I love Marriott, I'm a gold elite and vacation club owner, I'm not a very picky person, but this hotel on a weekend in unacceptable in my opinion. If you stay on a weekend ask for room on opposite side of this club. But you can't see the port from these. Good luck.

We stayed 2 nts pre-cruise this past January. We really liked the hotel and location. We were upgraded (probably because Marriott Gold) to a corner room, which was phenomenal. The room itself was not that large, but it had a hallway leading down to the bathroom, so it had almost a 30' wall of windows. Even though we were on the NW corner, we still had a panoramic view of the ocean, and the intracoastal view the other way - fantastic. We ate at the place right across the street (waterway side) and highly recommend (I think it was called coconuts) - they often have food/wine specials so ask before you order.

I'm not sure where the noisy bar is but our room was very quiet, but we were there during the week.

Thanks for all the replies. I know it's not going to be the Ritz, but as lovely as that hotel is, it is NO WAY worth over $600 a night. That's just crazy to me.

Our cruise is a 10-day, so we'll be there on a Thursday and now a Monday, because I've just booked another night there for the day we disembark. :)

We stayed at the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach previously and will be staying there again in January 2018 pre cruise. It's a nice clean hotel and as others posted is close to restaurants, bars etc . . . We always take a taxi to cruise port and it's not too bad of a distance away.

Yes, we've always taken a taxi from the Ritz Carlton, which is very close to the Courtyard, and it's not a bad distance to the cruise port at all.

Yes, we've always taken a taxi from the Ritz Carlton, which is very close to the Courtyard, and it's not a bad distance to the cruise port at all.

Try Uber..we found that they have better prices and the cars usually are nicer.

I stayed there in April of this year. Bubba Gumps there. Nice hotel. I would recommend without hesitation. Only issue is no transportation from/to the airport of cruise port.

We stayed there with a group from our roll call... Got a good price for a few days pre cruise..Gllad we booked for early arrival..winter weather was bad for travel that year and quite a few missed the departure, Hotel was right across from the beach, clean, good service, nice pool and they had a cocktail hr as well.

We had a nice pre cruise dinner at a seafood restaurant nearby which was walkable.,behind the hotel, (sorry can't recall the name)...not Gumps which we find a bit touristy... Had a great time..it was StoneCrab season

We ate most other meals at the Quarterdeck also walkable,

We usually stay on 17th St but this was a nice change...took a cab from the airport and to cruiseport...no big deal!

We sailed out of Lauderdale in April and have a new favorite Marriott property. There is a new Residence Inn, converted from a boutique hotel, on the Inland Waterway. The room/suite was great with the usual kitchen but also included a washer dryer combo. You are short walking distance to some great restaurants especially La Dolce Vita. The cab ride was a little longer to the port but certainly acceptable. Kare and Jim

We stayed 2 nts pre-cruise this past January. We really liked the hotel and location. We were upgraded (probably because Marriott Gold) to a corner room, which was phenomenal. The room itself was not that large, but it had a hallway leading down to the bathroom, so it had almost a 30' wall of windows. Even though we were on the NW corner, we still had a panoramic view of the ocean, and the intracoastal view the other way - fantastic. We ate at the place right across the street (waterway side) and highly recommend (I think it was called coconuts) - they often have food/wine specials so ask before you order.

I'm not sure where the noisy bar is but our room was very quiet, but we were there during the week.

Yes, it is called Coconuts. Very good food and a nice view of the waterway there. We eat there every time we stay at the hotel.

The corner rooms here are amazing especially the higher up rooms.

Yes, it is called Coconuts. Very good food and a nice view of the waterway there. We eat there every time we stay at the hotel.

The corner rooms here are amazing especially the higher up rooms.

Ah Coconuts..that's the name of the rest where we had our roll call pre cruise dinner...food and service were amazing!

I always stay at this hotel when I am down in FT Laud for business . One of my favorite hotels in that location. Try the AAA rate, it may even go lower. Enjoy. Not too far from Las Olas too. Go to Rocco's tacos...

Stayed here Feb. 2017 pre cruise. Used Marriott points and got a second floor 2 room no-view suite. It was fine for one night. The hotel is a bit crowded and busy, but clean and well run. Breakfast was limited but OK for the morning of a cruise. The hotel is beachfront, but the pool area is really small and tight.

We also ate at Coconuts across the street. It was very crowded and we waited over an hour for an inside table on a Saturday night. Food was good but would have enjoyed it more seated outdoors by the marina.