Reservation made onboard - changeable?

Hi all,

I know they say reservations made on board the ship in 'Next Cruise' are changeable but how many times can you make a change to the ship and/or sailing date without penalty prior to making full payment. Is it only once?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I know they say reservations made on board the ship in 'Next Cruise' are changeable but how many times can you make a change to the ship and/or sailing date without penalty prior to making full payment. Is it only once?

Thanks.

I think you can change as many times as you need to before final payment date...have never heard any one say you couldn't and I have personally changed them a few times.

Edited by Ashland

I think you can change as many times as you need to before final payment date...have never heard any one say you couldn't and I have personally changed them a few times.

Does that apply if you live in the UK? because usually you forfeit your deposit if you change here in the UK but it might make me consider next cruise on board if we can.

Does that apply if you live in the UK?

Of course not. All readers must realize that vast majority of CC posters are from NA and are talking about NA rules by default - they don't generally pay attention to the poster's location.

From my experience this also applies in the UK. I had a Freedom of the Seas cruise booked and fully paid for (sailing in Oct). We just completed an 11 night cruise on Celebrity Reflection which completely changed our minds, we phoned Royal Caribbean and were able to change back over to a celebrity cruise for no extra cost, we just had to pay the fare difference.

Hope this helps.

Of course not. All readers must realize that vast majority of CC posters are from NA and are talking about NA rules by default - they don't generally pay attention to the poster's location.

It recently (last year or so) changed to allow UK residents to make changes to a next cruise booking.

^ that is pretty weird then when they can't make other changes if you stay on the same sailing. You could then simply move a booking to another sailing and then move it back to get a price drop. That doesn't make sense - which then means it's just right for RCI.

From my experience this also applies in the UK. I had a Freedom of the Seas cruise booked and fully paid for (sailing in Oct). We just completed an 11 night cruise on Celebrity Reflection which completely changed our minds, we phoned Royal Caribbean and were able to change back over to a celebrity cruise for no extra cost, we just had to pay the fare difference.

Hope this helps.

Great news and pleased for you too.

Hi Folks.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to see what you guys thought before making the call to RC.

Outcome ... reservation (ship and sailing date) changed - no penalties.

Agent advised reservation was changeable right up until payment date.

For the record I'm in the UK.

Hi Folks.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to see what you guys thought before making the call to RC.

Outcome ... reservation (ship and sailing date) changed - no penalties.

Agent advised reservation was changeable right up until payment date.

For the record I'm in the UK.

I am from the UK so this is good to know. I have had problems in the past, often with verbal assurances on board the ship not matching with what happens in practice. On board booking I made last year, I was told I could make a change once only.

On a previous occasion, the ability to make a change was only honoured after a lengthy discussion through Crown and Anchor. Travel agents were useless.

These days, I try and get email confirmation of what I have been told verbally before booking on board. I also keep the marketing literature as evidence.

I am from the UK so this is good to know. I have had problems in the past, often with verbal assurances on board the ship not matching with what happens in practice. On board booking I made last year, I was told I could make a change once only.

On a previous occasion, the ability to make a change was only honoured after a lengthy discussion through Crown and Anchor. Travel agents were useless.

These days, I try and get email confirmation of what I have been told verbally before booking on board. I also keep the marketing literature as evidence.

Great news and sensible advice.

Good idea.

My partner did seem to think that when we made the booking onboard we were told the reservation was fully changeable right up until payment plus there was the option of 1 price match if there was a price drop. I didn't remember this being said but seems he was right.

I understand what you're saying. I have encountered several bookings on board not to be correct when you call the C&A desk when you get back home. RCI needs to train their Next Cruise Agents.

I'm not sure what the impact will be with their introduction of refundable/non refundable deposits which goes into effect July 1. Will there be a $100 fee per for any changes.

Only if you pick the non refundable deposit option when you are booking (unless it is a suite which are non refundable, no option with them)

Only if you pick the non refundable deposit option when you are booking (unless it is a suite which are non refundable, no option with them)

I had a suite on the Allure, and changed to the Liberty of the Seas. No charge for changes. Check the "fine print" - ours said that changes within 30 days of booking can be made with no penalty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums