Life would be so much cheaper without alcohol

Haha yes that sounds silly reading it back. I should have said he's not normally a drinker. He doesn't come home from work every day and have a beer or go out to bars every weekend but he will occasionally spend a night out drinking. And when he does, he can put them down. I expect without the responsibility of driving home and being on vacation he'll drink more than usual.

On the other hand, I have a glass of wine every night with dinner and I do enjoy my tequila on my nights off.. ;p

Thank you for clarifying! Makes perfect sense.

We were in a suite and forked out for a drinks package for everyone. Way over $3,500 it cost. We found it made us feel crap. Not because we drank too much, although several times we did ( and we did feel crap then too) but because you never knew if or when you really actually wanted a drink. Or was it just because you could...

Crucially, we found the drinks between 4:30pm and going to dinner were enough. So Next cruise we are not getting the drinks package, maybe the soda and using the CL.

This is why we're are trying to get to Diamond!

8 more cruise nights and I will be Diamond! Yay, free drinks! My husband doesn't drink so I guess I could have his if I wanted. I have a 7 night cruise booked for Sept., and then just need to do a short cruise before I take my first Diamond. Fun!

8 more cruise nights and I will be Diamond! Yay, free drinks! My husband doesn't drink so I guess I could have his if I wanted. I have a 7 night cruise booked for Sept., and then just need to do a short cruise before I take my first Diamond. Fun!

I would think about canceling or transferring if not in final payment and book Serenade 10/11 nights or Navigator 9 nights to get your points now.

We are diamond and travel in suites so we can go to either lounge but still get drink package, I think lounges red wine is swill. But other drinks are fine

Congratulations!

I think we will have got to Diamond in 4 cruises, if things go according to plan.

We are diamond and travel in suites so we can go to either lounge but still get drink package, I think lounges red wine is swill. But other drinks are fine

We stuck with pre-dinner Gin and Tonic and the measure they poured in the CL were such that after 2 or 3 I was scared to drink anything else! True story..

HKA

My concern about the beverage RCI beverage policies that penalize longer cruises is the 2 bottles of wine limit. I think to be fair and equitable the policy should be 2 bottles of wine for every 7 days of cruising. It doesnt make sense to me that you can bring two bottles for a 3 day cruise and a 20 plus day cruise has the same 2 bottle limit.

I like the way you think!.. Some people think smoking a carton of cigarettes is worth it. So it is what makes you happy. We always buy the bev pkg when we cruise, just makes the whole experience easier. and we have figured it out. If you buy 5 drinks a day, the pkg pays for itself and that does not include what it would cost for coffee, soda, water, etc. So for us, it is just part of the vacation. Now, I have never gone on a cruise where it would cost me $1800 for a pkg. Might have to think about that:D:D:D

My concern about the beverage RCI beverage policies that penalize longer cruises is the 2 bottles of wine limit. I think to be fair and equitable the policy should be 2 bottles of wine for every 7 days of cruising. It doesnt make sense to me that you can bring two bottles for a 3 day cruise and a 20 plus day cruise has the same 2 bottle limit.

I would think that most people who cruise longer cruises are already established cruisers and many already have their favorite lines and a building up loyalty awards. Many already get some free drinks. They don't need another incentive to get them to cruise a particular line. Many 3 and 4 day cruisers are new to the game and may need the extra incentive of being allowed two bottles for their short cruise. It may not seem fair but is just marketing to different niche markets. And besides, who wants to see grandma and granddad luging cases of wine onboard for their b2b 22 night Transpacific and 16 night Panama Canal cruises? :eek:

Eh, if alcohol didn't exist, I'd save about $20 per year.

My boyfriend is the same way! He's had about 5-6 drinks over the course of our 2+ year long relationships and half of those were on our last cruise.

I have actually never had alcohol in my life, except by accident. During my study abroad in Turkey they passed out a drink in some clay cups. I took a sip and wasn't a fan, so I passed it along to the assistant professor and said "Watch out, this tea is pretty strong!" Turns out it was actually wine, derp. It is a money saver though!

I would think about canceling or transferring if not in final payment and book Serenade 10/11 nights or Navigator 9 nights to get your points now.

We live just 90 minutes from Port Canaveral, and it will be our first time on a ship the size of the Oasis. Since we live in Florida, it is very easy to jump on a cruise ship. In addition to Port Canveral, we are 3 hours from Tampa's port, and 4.5 hours from Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I will probably do a 3-4 night cruise on the Majesty to get to Diamond, and then will think about booking a longer cruise that I have to fly to.

Just think about how much more expensive your life would be with cocaine!;p

LOL. :D Your post got me wondering. :confused: Now that marijuiana will be legal in Canada next year I wonder if any of the cruise lines will be offering MJ packages for cruises departing from Quebec City and Vancouver? Deluxe Tokes Packages from $65 per day with all the munchies you can eat! ;p

LOL. :D Your post got me wondering. :confused: Now that marijuiana will be legal in Canada next year I wonder if any of the cruise lines will be offering MJ packages for cruises departing from Quebec City and Vancouver? Deluxe Tokes Packages from $65 per day with all the munchies you can eat! ;p

You might like Amsterdam too.

We have never used but it is legal here too and they even have their own Coffee Marijuana houses.

:'):') Sign me up!

You might like Amsterdam too.

We have never used but it is legal here too and they even have their own Coffee Marijuana houses.

I love Amsterdam! :hearteyes:

Mind you, I haven't been back for thirty years but when I was doing my post graduate tour of Europe I dropped in, not once, but twice! Fun town for a twenty something single guy!:D:D I'm way too old, too married and too much of a semi-responsible, semi-mature professional to have that kind of fun anymore.:loudcry:

Maybe :evilsmile:

I love Amsterdam! :hearteyes:

Mind you, I haven't been back for thirty years but when I was doing my post graduate tour of Europe I dropped in, not once, but twice! Fun town for a twenty something single guy!:D:D I'm way too old, too married and too much of a semi-responsible, semi-mature professional to have that kind of fun anymore.:loudcry:

Maybe :evilsmile:

We recently returned from our British Isles cruise. Having spent a few days pre-cruise in AMS, it was, shall we say, a curiosity to see how these coffee shops operate in a quasi-legal manner. Bottom line it looks like they were doing just fine and not bothering anybody. Being in the same boat as Dawg, I just sighed aloud and chose to get tripping ballz on the awesome Dutch Gouda cheese, stroopwaffles, and herring!🤣

This isn't a thread to rant or complain about drink prices. Nor is it a "is the alcohol package worth it" debate. Just a good laugh about how much cheaper things would be if I didn't enjoy drinking. Earlier this year I booked a 14 night TA from San Juan to Rome for spring 2018. Scored a balcony on the end of the hump and was blown away that it only cost $2,003. Yesterday they released the beverage packages, and for the two of us it will cost $1817 for the deluxe. For us, we will get our monies worth, and I know(hope) that eventually they will run the 20%-30% off sale which will bring the price down, but I thought it was funny that the drinking package will almost double the cost of the cruise itself.

I just bacame D+ but have 2 more NCL cruises booked because of the free drink pkg option. In fact I just switched my Brilliance cruise to the Epic for a girls get-a-way because the drink pkg saves SO MUCH! :cool:Sailed the Epic (first NCL) in March and it was incredible! I'm not abandoning RCCL, but NCL has made me look at their options also before booking.