snacks onboard

StormySeas

There is more than plenty of food for us on the ship, but we do carry on pre-packaged snacks to take along on excursions.

;p We usually bring snack (peanut butter crackers) for the flight out to either coast. But as for snacking on the ship! Never! That is what the International Cafe is for, what with a constant supply of fresh baked cookies and an assortment of other goodies! Also, you might ask your room steward for a bowl of Almonds! This works for us most of the time! And don't forget the Horizon Court for a veggie plate!

Now I'm getting hungry so I'll quit and get a snack! ;p

Just Mike

In the lounges they always bring around snacks. I enjoy the oriental mix and my husband enjoys the peanuts. They are very generous - if you don't drink - no problem order a soda. The area is cozy and lots of people sit and play cards or read etc.

In the lounges they always bring around snacks. I enjoy the oriental mix and my husband enjoys the peanuts. They are very generous - if you don't drink - no problem order a soda. The area is cozy and lots of people sit and play cards or read etc.

I get nervous with those mixes that after someone leaves, they just dump the left overs from that bowl back into the bag LOL :o

I get nervous with those mixes that after someone leaves, they just dump the left overs from that bowl back into the bag LOL :o

Especially when people pour out a handful and take just certain things & pour the rest back in the bottle. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt if Princess empties the glass servers out each day because people were touching them.

Especially when people pour out a handful and take just certain things & pour the rest back in the bottle. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt if Princess empties the glass servers out each day because people were touching them.

I've had the Norwalk virus off and an NCL ship, (Dr. confirmed) I think about all those things now lol.... it was awful lol!:eek:

My biggest reason for taking snacks-pretzels, nuts, etc is for the beaches. When I am drinking beer, I like something salty to snack on. I rarely eat lunch at the beaches, just snack

On the ship, yes, I can find something to munch on. I am not a 3 meal a day person. I eat a bit for breakfast-fruit, bagel and that is about it. Then snack during the day, and eat veggies/salad for dinner. Hubby usually buys lunch at the beaches, but as long as I have something to snack on, I am good.

we bring nuts to have with a drink, olives too, plus chocolates for desserts... we do not think the desserts on cruise lines are very good, when we are in Europe we buiy dessert in port.

Very few ports in the Caribbean don't let you take food off the ship.

It always pays to bring zip lock bags.;)

Sorry, but any food taken off the ship in Caribbean ports or back to the US must be packaged and sealed by the manufacturer.

Sorry, but any food taken off the ship in Caribbean ports or back to the US must be packaged and sealed by the manufacturer.

The US yes but not on the Caribbean ports I stop at. Never had a problem.

Just watch the patter & listen for announcements & you'll be fine.