Anyone done the Panama Canal Ocean to Ocean from LA to Ft Lauderdale?

merrilldean

Do a search. Got to the Alaska board under Ports of Call. They have trip reviews there. Go to the reviews section here at CC. EM

Alaska? Not quite a Panama Cruise. :D

I'm also interested in this cruise. Does the cruise in reverse order hit the same ports?

Do a search. Got to the Alaska board under Ports of Call. They have trip reviews there. Go to the reviews section here at CC. EM

Not sure why you are sending the OP to the Alaska board for info about a Panama Canal cruise. .? :o

I'm also interested in this cruise. Does the cruise in reverse order hit the same ports?

Well, I could use the excuse that some take this cruise starting in Alaska, but in truth, I had just been on the alaska board and it was just a brain fart...EM

We are cancelling the trans atlantic on the Caribbean Princes and re booking on the Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess. Would like reviews.

Me too! Not seeing many of them. We are doing the Jan 6 sailing from LA.

We did the b2b in January/Febuary. (FLL-LA-FLL). Some ports were different, some repeated. Check the specific itineraries for the cruises you are considering

We did the Panama Canal in 2014 on the Island Princess from Fort Lauderdale to L.A. we had a wonderful time and we would do this cruise again in a heart beat.Just be prepared for the heat and humidity other then that it was great.:D

We had booked a bump out balcony cabin which gave us a better view of the canal and you will find that the Coral is a wonderful ship which never feels crowded and has the buffet area up front with great views.

I've been on the Coral from LA to FLL. Yes, they do different ports on each voyage. I really wanted the over night in Panama City then cruise the canal the next day.

Disadvantage? You get short changed 5 hours (literally 3) going from West to East. Canal is South to North.

Coral is one of my favorite ships. I will not say never, but will not book a cruise on the Island nor the Royal (although I may have to eat my words since she will be in LA).

Doing the Panama Canal (LA to Fort Lauderdale) on the Island Princess in October. I have read the reviews as well and noticed that there are many who do not like the Island since the renovations added more cabins and removed public space. Since we have never been on the Island before we don't think that it will have any effect on our cruise. Looking forward to going thru the Canal again, the last time was in 2009 on HAL.

I have just reserevd Island Princess for March 2018 Ft Lauderdale to LA!

Interesting reading the reviews. some good some not so good. open to suggestions for aft rooms deck 10. How is the vibration noise?