3 for Free

Ferndale Girl

I'm new to Princess but going on Coral in February. Can you please tell me what 3 for free is and also what are the options for drinks, water etc if don't pay for package. Is there plenty of water available for free. Thank you

3 for Free is a promo that usually runs in the fall. It includes prepaid gratuities and/or OBC and has usually been for any cabin category (unlike the current Sip and Sail, which is only for balcony and above). I have used it twice and it was a good deal for us.

Included drinks are your standard regular coffee, tea, iced tea, orange juice, etc. We have been able to get lemonade for our kids in the buffet by asking the staff there, but this isn't guaranteed. You will pay extra for specialty coffees like mochas and lattes at the International Café. There is a coffee card that you can buy onboard or in advance that saves money and also includes hot chocolate and (on some ships) gelato.

And of course you pay for sodas, mocktails, etc. and also for milkshakes at the ice cream shop.

On another thread someone posted that the 3-for-free will be offered in September.

Thank you. Do you know if I booked something now and it is later offered in the 3-for-free if I could change my booking? I guess I'd want to see if the price goes up and if it would be worth it. It is for a cruise-tour next July. I checked it now and the Sip & Sail is offered for it so I assume that the 3-for-free would also be offered for it.

Thank you. Do you know if I booked something now and it is later offered in the 3-for-free if I could change my booking? I guess I'd want to see if the price goes up and if it would be worth it. It is for a cruise-tour next July. I checked it now and the Sip & Sail is offered for it so I assume that the 3-for-free would also be offered for it.

Yes, the 3-for-free has in the past been for most of the same cruises as the Sip & Sail.

At least twice in the last two years, we've booked under S&S, then rebooked under 3-for-free, because the gratuities and onboard credit were more useful to us than the drink package, since my wife doesn't drink alcohol.

Jim

I booked for Aug 2018 and received the free drink package and it included gratuities, all specialty coffees and juices.

I believe that is the gratuity for your drinks. The 3 for Free Sale has had free gratuities for all your services. I'm hoping to see it again soon.

I booked for Aug 2018 and received the free drink package and it included gratuities, all specialty coffees and juices.

Yes, you got gratuities for the drink package included, but the 3 for Free promo includes the gratuities you pay each day for the crew (room steward, waiter, asst. waiter,...etc).

Daily: $15.50/guest for suites, $14.50/guest for mini-suites/club class, $13.50/guest for inside, OV, and balcony rooms.

Yes, the 3-for-free has in the past been for most of the same cruises as the Sip & Sail.

At least twice in the last two years, we've booked under S&S, then rebooked under 3-for-free, because the gratuities and onboard credit were more useful to us than the drink package, since my wife doesn't drink alcohol.

Jim

Thank you for the rebooking info. I don't drink much so don't care about a drink package but the gratuities and onboard credit is very nice - we've had this in the past.

If they offer it this September, does it usually restrict to cruises far in the future? I am looking at Regal Nov 5th 2017 and not thrilled with current pricing/deals. Any chance that cruise might be eligible?

Looking at the Sales Promo history of your ship/sailing date (on the TA POLAR website) , there was a 3 for Free Sale that expired Nov 30, 2016 ( as well as several Sip & Sales before that ).

I'm new to Princess but going on Coral in February. Can you please tell me what 3 for free is

I booked under the 3 For Free and got: 1) Free upgrade within the same class (ie.. best oceanview cabin for the price of the least expensive oceanview), 2) Free Gratuities, 3) Free OBC (varies by length of cruise, I got $300/cabin for a 15 day). As a bonus, there was a $100 refundable deposit, too. I've seen posts about other 3 For Free sales that have Free Specialty Dining instead of Gratuities.

My CP had been at a Princess workshop and found out the 3 for free is Sept. 6 - Nov. 15th.

Sali

Thanks for the info. Now that we know the dates I am wondering if this Octobers cruises would be included. If not, the ship sails in March and October 2018 so maybe I will be lucky to get the sale for either of those cruises. Also, do we know if there is the non-refundable deposit?? That would be the icing on the cake;)

Thanks for the info. Now that we know the dates I am wondering if this Octobers cruises would be included. If not, the ship sails in March and October 2018 so maybe I will be lucky to get the sale for either of those cruises. Also, do we know if there is the non-refundable deposit?? That would be the icing on the cake;)

I don't think October of this year will fall into the 3 for Free sale, if it's like last time. You'll likely have to book your cruise between Sept. 6 and Nov. 15 this year but the eligible cruises will be for the 2018 sailings starting in the Spring.

Last year I wanted to book an earlier Hawaii cruise but I had to wait till Fall.

I booked under the 3 For Free and got: 1) Free upgrade within the same class (ie.. best oceanview cabin for the price of the least expensive oceanview), 2) Free Gratuities, 3) Free OBC (varies by length of cruise, I got $300/cabin for a 15 day). As a bonus, there was a $100 refundable deposit, too. I've seen posts about other 3 For Free sales that have Free Specialty Dining instead of Gratuities.

It was free specialty dining instead of OBC.