Be careful you may get what you wished for!

I had heard that a few people on the same cruise as my fiance and myself had received a "move over" deal. At the time I had thought that it was a really interesting quandary to have, cruise when you planned or have your original cruise price as obc, a free cruise plus an upgrade and £200 per person towards flights with princess air! :o

We have planned our honeymoon for over a year, looking forward to it, counting down the months, weeks and days. We have already paid for our hotel in Southampton and the valet parking so it would be a bit of a loss financially (however in terms of gain with the obc etc I realise its a small loss). We both work full time and to be fair our employers have been understanding so far with all the time off with the wedding and then the honeymoon.....I think my boss would have a stroke if asked to change plans now ;p.

After the initial excitement of the offer and the possibilities it opened up we both decided that the cruise we booked is what we wanted and are grateful we have that opportunity and are thankful we are cruising at all. :cool:

It's great if you can be flexible. Eventually Princess will find people who can be if they offer enough incentive. The only time we received a move-over offer we did not find out until after we were back from the cruise. That was many years ago, back before we were so addicted to checking our email.

It kind of has to be a "perfect storm " to take advantage of one. First of all very few move overs come out it seems. Then you really need to be traveling without family or friends, wouldn't be right to plan a trip with others then back out at the last minute for a better offer! It also helps if you did your air through EZ air as then Princess makes the changes for you seamlessly.

And finally if you aren't retired then juggling time off from work is an issue. We've only received one move over and we immediately took it. Best deal we will ever get!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I had one about 20 years ago on NCL. We booked a 10 night Panama cruise and were offered several deals to change; one of them being a 14 night South American cruise with RT air for the same price, which is what we accepted. It was worth about 3X what we paid for the original cruise.

I have had several move over offers but have turned them all down. I have often had non-refundable hotels booked, air with FF miles which would cost a lot to replace, private excursions booked, etc...

We've received two moveover offers but turned them both down. The first time we could have received a full refund plus an upgrade (from the lowest category to a balcony), and we could have gone a few weeks later -- no hotels or flights to change as we were driving to the port, hubby had flexibility to change his vacation, either way our daughter would miss a week of kindergarten -- but we were looking forward to trying out Princess. The second time, that was the only time we could do that itinerary as our daughter was in 8th grade and wouldn't have been able to miss two weeks of school if we delayed the cruise.

i received my first move over offer on a baltic cruise last august and it was too good to pass up. i am finally taking my free cruise(woooo!) in 11 days!!

as sunsetbeachgal said, it was easy as i had ezair, am traveling alone and my employer is flexible.

We have received one move-over offer. I turned it down immediately. We were taking our extended family (7 people in four cabins) on a 2 night + 12 night cruise. I was contacted by phone and asked if we would give up the cabins and cruise at a later date. I simply said "That's not possible". Nearly all the group were working people who had arranged their holidays with their employer. We would not have been able to re-schedule.