Sprinkle time cupcake decorating class

My girls did it this past week on Liberty and it was less (I paid $22 each for my two girls and they decorated three cupcakes each....a lion,a monkey and a chick. They had a blast, and the guy who teaches the class is adorable. All of their classes were full!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought of something. Was the class your girls attended just for children? The class my friend took a month ago was for adults and kids. She paid $30 and made a dog. I have seen a dog and a hamburger online. The one on the Cruise Planner is for adults and children as well.

One what planet is a cupcake decorating class worth $30. Am I missing something that would make this 45-minute class worth $30 per person? The price is the same for children and adults. The wine tasting that includes cheese, fruit, and bread is only $17. Are these some type of magical cupcakes? Can anyone shed light on this seemingly overpriced experience?

On the planet of "Captive Audience".:D:D

I have observed this class being conducted a few times and I cannot understand the cost either! But that is jmho.

It's a mystery to me as well. but then, I don't like cup cakes, so even if it was only $10, I wouldn't go. As it doesn't affect me I could say - "if it's too expensive then don't go" ... much like people say don't "buy a drinks package or room service if you think its too costly". As someone who tries to consider fellow passengers I agree it is vastly overpriced.

We did it on Oasis ...too much $ yes. Great memory yes! I don't know who had more fun my then 16 yr old, my then 21 yr old or me! Or my husband who took photos of the 3 of us laughing and having fun.

But then agin we don't spend money on "upscale" dinning onboard. I can make a killer steak at home that melts in your mouth!! Why pay extra for that? Just depends on what you like to spend money on.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I think when DD did it on Allure last year it was $15 and it was an adult/child mixed class--she did it with my mom.

The sushi making class is also $30/pp but you get to take out a LOT of sushi! They did that last year and LOVED it and will do it again this year. It was a ton of sushi per person to take out in containers--we met DD and DH at the tables outside of Solarium Bistro and had a late lunch!

The sushi making class is also $30/pp but you get to take out a LOT of sushi! They did that last year and LOVED it and will do it again this year. It was a ton of sushi per person to take out in containers--we met DD and DH at the tables outside of Solarium Bistro and had a late lunch!

Wow! Sushi making - how fun! I haven't seen that mentioned being available on Liberty.

My 2 daughters did it for $30 each on Explorer for Alaska cruise last week. But we made 6 each that we were allowed to take to room since there was no Cupcake Cupboard shop. But these were just decorated . No dog, burger. Just taking a plain cupcake and using icing techniques to decorate. Made butterfly, plain, sunflower, umbrella top, something else and " your own" creation. Expensive yes, but they both enjoyed it.

A

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

so is this a class with teacher up front etc?

on the Breakaway it's held in the back of the buffet where they literally kick people out of their seats to make room for the setup. there are about 6 workers with gloves on and you take your child and walk through and poiint to the things you want on the cupcake then you take it back to a booth and make it up

but it is free. well worth free

Was the class your girls attended just for children? The class my friend took a month ago was for adults and kids.

My group will be taking the class in September. I'll be the youngest in the group at 55. :p I think the oldest will be 85.

• 4 weeks later...

I have decorated cakes and cupcakes at home and still paid the money to join a class on the Oasis and paid for 5 of my grandchildren to join a children's class on the Freedom. The memories and fun were worth the cost for me. I don't spend money on bingo, spa treatments or alcohol on a cruise so this could be considered my splurge expense. I can also tell you that there is a lot of work to set up the table and clean up afterward. Cleaning up cake decorating equipment is tedious! Both teachers that conducted the classes were patient and very personable. And the cupcakes were tasty, not the best I've ever consumed, but definitely not the worst either.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...