Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Yes, Royal chose to use up the old stickers but it’s called Deluxe and no longer PP. Your D + and cruise a lot, shouldn’t you know this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I knew that it was now called Deluxe Drinks package because thats what was on our confirmation.RC stickers were PP which is probably why the other poster was confused.

I knew that it was now called Deluxe Drinks package because thats what was on our confirmation.RC stickers were PP which is probably why the other poster was confused.

My point was.... “I’m D+” ..... so?

What does being D+ have to do with requiring all in the cabin of age to have a drink package? If it was to imply “experience “, then they should have known the PP was eliminated some time ago.

What does Status have to do with this issue?

My point was.... “I’m D+” ..... so?

What does being D+ have to do with requiring all in the cabin of age to have a drink package? If it was to imply “experience “, then they should have known the PP was eliminated some time ago.

What does Status have to do with this issue?

We are practically tee total and would have prefered a cheaper cruise price but in the UK the Deluxe Drinks package was labeled as free of charge so we were lumbered with a higher cost price for our cruise

With regards to your question i have no idea either what the other poster was on about regarding D+ status,i only posted the card picture showing PP to show how some people might not realise it is now DD.

With regards to your question i have no idea either what the other poster was on about regarding D+ status,i only posted the card picture showing PP to show how some people might not realise it is now DD.

DD? I think you meant DP..... [emoji23]

I guess it could be called DBP but labels on SeaPass are now DP.

Being Diamond or D+ isn't directly related to a drink package. However, when deciding whether the package makes sense financially, those who have lounge access and/or the three free drinks in the evening probably factor that "free" time for alcohol into the overall financial equation. Kind of like counting apples and oranges in the cost of fruit. :)

Being Diamond or D+ isn't directly related to a drink package. However, when deciding whether the package makes sense financially, those who have lounge access and/or the three free drinks in the evening probably factor that "free" time for alcohol into the overall financial equation. Kind of like counting apples and oranges in the cost of fruit. :)

The “FREE” drinks are limited and restrictive. If you are into it only for “FREE”, then Status is important. However, some of the Lounges are nearly or near a full bar (no blender) and if you have the package, you may obtain a higher quality beer or liquor.

The new drink package policy is frustrating for me. My DH doesn't drink - at all. We always purchased an alcohol package for me and the regular soda package for him. It worked out ok, while I'm not a big drinker, I do enjoy wine. Now at the cost of almost 900+ /week to buy two drink packages, it makes it cost prohibitive.

Beyond that, it seems to me over the past couple years, the allotment of wines you can chose on the beverage package has dwindled quite significantly.

It's left it so on our upcoming cruises I will probably chose to not drink rather than pay for each drink individually - which IMHO gets to be a pain and hard to keep track of.

T ... Beyond that, it seems to me over the past couple years, the allotment of wines you can chose on the beverage package has dwindled quite significantly. ,,, .

I agree with this, the wine by the glass selection is getting worse and worse.

The new drink package policy is frustrating for me. My DH doesn't drink - at all. We always purchased an alcohol package for me and the regular soda package for him. It worked out ok, while I'm not a big drinker, I do enjoy wine. Now at the cost of almost 900+ /week to buy two drink packages, it makes it cost prohibitive.

Beyond that, it seems to me over the past couple years, the allotment of wines you can chose on the beverage package has dwindled quite significantly.

It's left it so on our upcoming cruises I will probably chose to not drink rather than pay for each drink individually - which IMHO gets to be a pain and hard to keep track of.

What do you mean by individual drinks are hard to keep track of? You order a drink, they bring it and you sign a slip. Most ships have interactive tvs that allow you to track your spending, you can also get a print out at guest services.

It’s nice to buy Caymus by the bottle using DP and Diamond discount. Why settle for crappy wine.

Caymus has been going downhill since 2011. Still a good wine....but there are better in that $80 price per bottle (store purchase) range.

Maybe not on the ship though?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Caymus has been going downhill since 2011. Still a good wine....but there are better in that $80 price per bottle (store purchase) range.

I agree, it's still a very good wine, but no longer worth the price to us.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Well Caymus is not $80 on the ship. Wish it was. We pay like $70 on shore. Pinot Noir Las Altras is also onboard and from the same winery.

I think Caymus is $130 a bottle and the special $160-180. This is on the ship.

Well Caymus is not $80 on the ship. Wish it was. We pay like $70 on shore. Pinot Noir Las Altras is also onboard and from the same winery.

I think Caymus is $130 a bottle and the special $160-180. This is on the ship.

It's like $80 here that's why I stated store purchase. Just saying the wine is now living off a name and is now mass produced which has effected the taste/quality....

Happens to a lot of great wines.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It's like $80 here that's why I stated store purchase. Just saying the wine is now living off a name and is now mass produced which has effected the taste/quality....

Happens to a lot of great wines.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I think the 2014 Caymus tastes much better than any Diamond or house wine in the same type.

Try 1898, same winery as well. Very good wine and a bit less expensive than Caymus. Don’t think it’s on the ship.