Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Order a refreshment for yourself online, call in and get the deluxe for your wife, then cancel your refreshment.

Usually you have to get some sort of package - Soda, refreshment, or deluxe if you are over 21 in the same room as somebody ordering the deluxe package.

Has this worked for others? I don’t want either but husband wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't go through with it, but started to try and remove my refreshment online, and it let me start it, I just didn't confirm because I wanted the refreshment package (my wife had the deluxe).

I didn't think I would ever care if we HAD to purchase 2 alcohol packages. However, I just had to cancel the alcohol packages on our upcoming cruise because DH is going to be on Chemo and can't drink. I have been told that on our next cruise in November (yes the dates in the signature are way off and keep changing), with DH still on Chemo, that we have to get 2 alcohol packages or none. I can't drink enough to pencil out 2 packages but could have for one. I guess I will save a lot of money not buying single drinks.

I didn't think I would ever care if we HAD to purchase 2 alcohol packages. However, I just had to cancel the alcohol packages on our upcoming cruise because DH is going to be on Chemo and can't drink. I have been told that on our next cruise in November (yes the dates in the signature are way off and keep changing), with DH still on Chemo, that we have to get 2 alcohol packages or none. I can't drink enough to pencil out 2 packages but could have for one. I guess I will save a lot of money not buying single drinks.

As has been posted over and over, you do not have to both purchase. You just have to call to do it, and not order online.

You were told by who? It makes a difference if you were told by someone you know, from reading these boards, RCI's website, or calling in and talking to a customer rep.

I hadn’t thought of that sneaky trick of cancelling the refresh after the fact, that seems like one of those loopholes better not posted lest it be closed.

If you’re planning on ordering internet anyway, when you bundle with the deluxe there’s usually enough of a savings to offset the cost of the refresh. Since we can’t get the bundle savings without getting the deluxe and we can’t get the deluxe without getting at least the refresh, we look at it as getting the one deluxe and internet package we want with some free soft drinks thrown in.

We have 3 adults in one cabin- if I call to order, would we be allowed to get 1 deluxe and 2 refreshment /soda packages or would we be forced to buy at least 2 deluxe packages?
Should be no reason you cannot. Could always order the soda or refreshment online first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I just called. The person told me I can buy one refreshment and one deluxe. They wouldn’t do one soda and one deluxe. I don’t need the refreshment package but my husband wants the deluxe. So it may be our only option unless he pays per drink.

I just called. The person told me I can buy one refreshment and one deluxe. They wouldn’t do one soda and one deluxe. I don’t need the refreshment package but my husband wants the deluxe. So it may be our only option unless he pays per drink.

Buy the soda first, then call, say you already have soda.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Just off the harmony, I booked the Refresh online and then just upgraded at the Pool Bar on day 2 on board. No fuss. I’m sure day 1 wouldn’t have been a problem.

My roomy had no package.

Thank you for the info. Maybe this is the approach I will take. The person Im cruising with cant drink because of medications. I had found a letter online that said they were allowing exceptions but that was last September and evidently that was only temporarily. I would really like to purchase the deluxe package for myself without having to purchase any other package but its not looking to promising.

While it's true that you get no choice when ordering via the website, you can get them to bend the rules a bit when ordering via phone. Many have reported being able to order one Deluxe and one Refreshment package via phone.

That's exactly how it went when I called, I got soda pkg for her but girl said "water package will be fine too"

That's exactly how it went when I called, I got soda pkg for her but girl said "water package will be fine too"

I wonder what they meant by "water package"? If they meant the Evian package for 12/24 bottles, that would be the first I've heard of that option.

Let's face it. It wouldn't be this difficult or this restrictive if people didn't come on all the message boards bragging about one buying the package and they both use it and how easy it was to fool RC. Now they are talking about how they find "loopholes" and they'll shut those down soon.

Let's face it. It wouldn't be this difficult or this restrictive if people didn't come on all the message boards bragging about one buying the package and they both use it and how easy it was to fool RC. Now they are talking about how they find "loopholes" and they'll shut those down soon.

I fully agree with you and hopefully they read about those loopholes on here, as I´m fully agreeing on closing loopholes for those trying to cheat.

In case they don´t monitor close enough it´s always a good idea to point them in the right direction.;)

I called the crown and anchor number who said since my wife had baractric surgery we could get an exception. we sent in a note from her dr and two days later a mr wood called approved it without any other packages purchased . i did so ahead and get the coffe card (15 coffee s for 31$) . the next cruise i ordered the refreshment packaged and a deluxe for me. That required no documentation and i thought it to be a fair conpromise

I called the crown and anchor number who said since my wife had baractric surgery we could get an exception. we sent in a note from her dr and two days later a mr wood called approved it without any other packages purchased . i did so ahead and get the coffe card (15 coffee s for 31$) . the next cruise i ordered the refreshment packaged and a deluxe for me. That required no documentation and i thought it to be a fair conpromise

As stated on this thread repeatedly, at one point, early on, they were allowing "medical exceptions." That ended.

As stated on this thread repeatedly, at one point, early on, they were allowing "medical exceptions." That ended.

When did that end? We just did 4/6-4/9 Majesty cruise, and I had the Deluxe Package. My girlfriend is a recovering alcoholic of 35 years, and only had to get the Refreshment Package. Just have to call in to get it done.They said no problem. Same as our December Brilliance cruise.

When did that end? We just did 4/6-4/9 Majesty cruise, and I had the Deluxe Package. My girlfriend is a recovering alcoholic of 35 years, and only had to get the Refreshment Package. Just have to call in to get it done.They said no problem. Same as our December Brilliance cruise.

At first you didn't have to by another package. Now you do. Everyone became religious and pregnant overnight.

At first you didn't have to by another package. Now you do. Everyone became religious and pregnant overnight.

I thought that you meant that they won't give an exclusion for the alcohol package.

Not, that you now have to buy the refreshment package with it.

• 2 weeks later...