Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

So you would rather drink crappy wine than good wine because the crappy falls within the package price limit? Then why drink it at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No we rarely drink alcohol but only drink quality wines when we do because price is never an issue for us.

We never drink red wine.

Pinot Gricio,Sauvignon Blanc(Marlborough), Prosecco or Champagne all white wines are our prefered wines and all over the DP single drink price.

So you would rather drink crappy wine than good wine because the crappy falls within the package price limit? Then why drink it at all?

I was staying a fact after our DP on Freedom in June, there is no justification in being desrespectful and snobby.

I was staying a fact after our DP on Freedom in June, there is no justification in being desrespectful and snobby.

I was only stating what was the fact when we had the Free Deluxe Drinks package on Freedom in June.

Personally if we were buying a package i would expect all drinks to be included in the price.

A discussion is spoiled when a poster questions peoples judgement in what they drink and M8 you have let yourself down.

Me neither,the only discount was 40% with the DP.

Not on wines over $100 onboard.

The sommelier was able to apply our DP/DX/DBP to the bottle of Caymus ($130). I believe that was 20% off. Then sommelier was able to apply Diamond BOGO on calculated per glass price. I think Caymus is like $30 a glass. So discount was 20% of the $130 and then $30 off for BOGO. They can get really creative if they like you.

• 4 weeks later...
From an official source:

On July 7th, Royal Caribbean will be running a pilot program to test a change to the purchase of the Deluxe Beverage Package and Sip + Stream combo.

This pilot program will be for eight Harmony of the Seas sailings starting September 30, 2017 through November 18, 2017. Please see the specific dates below:

9/30/2017

10/7/2017

10/14/2017

10/21/2017

11/4/2017

11/11/2017

11/18/2017

Royal Caribbean’s Deluxe Beverage Package gives a guest nearly unlimited refreshment options at one set price; cocktails, beer, wine by the glass, soda, juice, and more. Since introducing the package, we have noted an increase in the amount of beverages that are being shared between those who have purchased the package and those who have not. Since the package price is intended to cover consumption by a single guest, we are revising our purchase policy and bringing it in line with industry standards.

As of July 7th, any guest cruising on select Harmony of the Seas sailings who wishes to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package or Sip + Stream combo must do so along with all other guests 21 years of age or older who are booked in the same stateroom.

Has this taken effect fleet wide yet?

Yes, as of Jan 1, 2018.

Well that just stinks. Lol! We are cruising again in June. The hubby and I don't plan on getting a drink pkg because we will take advantage of the DL and the free drink vouchers. My 13 yr old daughter would like to have the specialty coffee pkg. She has braces on so she can't have soda and doesn't want to get stuck drinking water all week. We also have my son, two friends and their daughter in our cabin as well. I sure hope they don't want it either because we don't want to spend the extra money. Wondering if they will make an exception for my daughter. I'm sure the answer is no, but never hurts to ask.

Well that just stinks. Lol! We are cruising again in June. The hubby and I don't plan on getting a drink pkg because we will take advantage of the DL and the free drink vouchers. My 13 yr old daughter would like to have the specialty coffee pkg. She has braces on so she can't have soda and doesn't want to get stuck drinking water all week. We also have my son, two friends and their daughter in our cabin as well. I sure hope they don't want it either because we don't want to spend the extra money. Wondering if they will make an exception for my daughter. I'm sure the answer is no, but never hurts to ask.

I'm not 100% sure that the new rule applies to non-alcoholic packages. Check your Cruise Planner and see if you can add the Refreshment package only to your 13 year old daughter.

No issues at all with non-alcoholic packages. You can get either the soda package, or the refreshment for 1, 2, or all people in the room.

rules apply to adult alcohol packages only

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it doesn’t hurt Royal so much at paying $68 onboard when online prices have been much lower.

A week or so ago RC was running a "buy one get one 50% off" Deluxe Drink Package. I just looked today and it is now only 20% off which is a $50+ increase. If someone sees a better promotion for the deluxe drink package would you please post it. Thanks!

A week or so ago RC was running a "buy one get one 50% off" Deluxe Drink Package. I just looked today and it is now only 20% off which is a $50+ increase. If someone sees a better promotion for the deluxe drink package would you please post it. Thanks!

These are by sailing, what one sailing gets, does not mean others will. Your roll call is a great place to start, as then others on your sailing can point it out if they see it.

• 2 months later...
Seeing as this started at beginning of 2018, we should be nearing the first "quarter" results of "requiring the booze package for everyone in a cabin" experiment.

Wonder if the numbers show more or less profit?

Just to clarify - not everyone has to purchase a "booze package". I recently purchased the deluxe package for myself, and the refreshment package for my DW.

We are sailing on the Harmony October 14th sailing. When I went to purchase my Deluxe Beverage Package a few weeks ago I had to purchase one for each of us, there was no other option.

While it's true that you get no choice when ordering via the website, you can get them to bend the rules a bit when ordering via phone. Many have reported being able to order one Deluxe and one Refreshment package via phone.

Edited by Host Clarea

While it's true that you get no choice when ordering via the website, you can get them to bend the rules a bot when ordering via phone. Many have reported being able to order one Deluxe and one Refreshment package via phone.

Good to know. I never thought to call, but will re-evaluate what I think I will drink and see if I can change it over the phone if I think I would be better off with something else. I don't drink much alcohol so definitely worth a look.

Getting ready to do first booking under these new rules. DD enjoyed the Deluxe last sailing, so she wants it again. I, however, under doctors orders, don't drink alcohol, coffee, or juices... what am I required to purchase? Obviously I'm reluctant to purchase anything that I can't use.

Getting ready to do first booking under these new rules. DD enjoyed the Deluxe last sailing, so she wants it again. I, however, under doctors orders, don't drink alcohol, coffee, or juices... what am I required to purchase? Obviously I'm reluctant to purchase anything that I can't use.

If you call to order, they have been allowing one Deluxe and one Refreshment.

Order a refreshment for yourself online, call in and get the deluxe for your wife, then cancel your refreshment.

Usually you have to get some sort of package - Soda, refreshment, or deluxe if you are over 21 in the same room as somebody ordering the deluxe package.