Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Kinda frustrating when you don't have an exact answer. I've been through all the excuses, but is there a black and white answer?

As with any other issue, there's some shades of grey, though maybe not 50.:cool:

Kinda frustrating when you don't have an exact answer. I've been through all the excuses, but is there a black and white answer? Yes you have to have 2 people in the room with the same package? Or you CANT get just 1 package in the room?
You have to call to get an exception if one wants deluxe and another over 21 in the same room does not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Kinda frustrating when you don't have an exact answer. I've been through all the excuses, but is there a black and white answer? Yes you have to have 2 people in the room with the same package? Or you CANT get just 1 package in the room?
If one person wants the deluxe package then any others in the same cabin over 21 must purchase at least the refreshment package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If one person wants the deluxe package then any others in the same cabin over 21 must purchase at least the refreshment package.

Retired LEO has the exact answer.

No, if one wants an all inclusive and one wants a soda, water or whatever it’s fine! Just can’t book thru the web site you have to call....

No, if one wants an all inclusive and one wants a soda, water or whatever it’s fine! Just can’t book thru the web site you have to call....

Was on Allure last week, I’d walk up to Bar get a beer and a sprite (with cup) they never wanted to see her “coca cola” card. But I was polite and smiling. I saw a person with wife and 2 kids with his suite cards just being a TOTAL “A hole” at hot dog joint order 2 beers and 2 waters after holding up line server said “sorry sir you must get to back of the line for the water your package only allows 2 at a time”. I got my miller lite, sprite and a water with one card next in line.

Now that everyone in the cabin is required to get a package, can I just send hubby to get a drink for both of us while I stay comfortably positioned in my lounge chair? Or will we both need to go together to get 2 cocktails?

Shouldn´t be a problem as longs as he has both of your cruise cards to show.

Now that everyone in the cabin is required to get a package, can I just send hubby to get a drink for both of us while I stay comfortably positioned in my lounge chair? Or will we both need to go together to get 2 cocktails?

There should be no issue at all if both have a package. I have done that for my wife many times.

When I called, the rep refused to do the soda or water package. He said the only option now is to buy the refreshment plus deluxe if only one person drinks. I asked specifically about soda and he said no. I think this depends on who you ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I called, the rep refused to do the soda or water package. He said the only option now is to buy the refreshment plus deluxe if only one person drinks. I asked specifically about soda and he said no. I think this depends on who you ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct. Must be at least the refreshment package. Either by phone or on the ship.

This. I would order drinks for both of us and give both cards. Or when we were with our friends I’d order 4 and take 4 cards. Whatever the number of drinks is you need that many cards.

I will say however that they offered me a bottled water even when I ordered a drink. On several occasions they saw my 10 YO son and said does he want a water. I had seen on here that you are only supposed to get 1 drink at a time and that bottled water counted as a 2nd drink so you could not get one at the same time. That’s not what I actually experienced.

This. I would order drinks for both of us and give both cards. Or when we were with our friends I’d order 4 and take 4 cards. Whatever the number of drinks is you need that many cards.

I will say however that they offered me a bottled water even when I ordered a drink. On several occasions they saw my 10 YO son and said does he want a water. I had seen on here that you are only supposed to get 1 drink at a time and that bottled water counted as a 2nd drink so you could not get one at the same time. That’s not what I actually experienced.

We had no problem getting multiple bottles of water pretty much anywhere on the ship. I think they are pretty open on that part. The one drink rule is more about alcohol from what I can see.

Oh yeah, didn't even think about sending him with both cards, duh! I know some other lines will let you get 2 drinks when you bring only 1 card and that's what I was wondering. I'll just send him with both cards. Thanks!