I am struggling to print off my luggage tags....help!

Ok I am not a complete troglodyte when using a computer but the damn things won't print it either prints the whole page when you use the "print luggage tag" button or it prints them half on one page and half on the back of the same page ! I have tried copy and pasting just the tags onto a word document so that I could then print it but I'd saves as a block of colour and no text!

Please, please tell me I am not having a senior moment and that everyone else had this issue.....I am tearing my hair out and I'm going to ruin my wedding photos with one whispy hair wrapped around my head....the fiance will do a runner at the isle when he sees the bald bride wailing and screaming "luggage tags" as she lurches toward him.

Please help :D

Ok I am not a complete troglodyte when using a computer but the damn things won't print it either prints the whole page when you use the "print luggage tag" button or it prints them half on one page and half on the back of the same page ! I have tried copy and pasting just the tags onto a word document so that I could then print it but I'd saves as a block of colour and no text!

Please, please tell me I am not having a senior moment and that everyone else had this issue.....I am tearing my hair out and I'm going to ruin my wedding photos with one whispy hair wrapped around my head....the fiance will do a runner at the isle when he sees the bald bride wailing and screaming "luggage tags" as she lurches toward him.

Please help :D

Do not copy and paste to Word. Why? No need to do that.

It is just a PDF.

What printer? Print output, and paper settings? On a Mac or Windoze?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Luggage tags are a PDF document.

You might have more luck saving them to your PC first then opening them with Acrobat reader (or whatever PDF viewer you use) and printing from there.

You print the full page then fold it to suit.

Thanks for that I will give it a go. I have to use the printer at work (ssshhhh don't tell the boss ;)) as the one we have at home is having marital issues with my pc and is of no use whatsoever!

.Disclaimer: we are allowed to use the printer at work for personal stuff as long as it is "reasonable" and we are not printing reams of stuff :halo:

Do not copy and paste to Word. Why? No need to do that.

It is just a PDF.

What printer? Print output, and paper settings? On a Mac or Windoze?

I guess I was panicking and thought it might be a solution :') I realise now that on the personaliser the formatting is not conducive with my work pc so I am going to email the pdf file to work and use acrobat to print it. Thanks :cool:

If ever you are unable to print any of documents your t/a or if you booked direct, Princess will do it for you and send them. Not everyone has access to the Internet or possess printing facilities and this is something youcould bear in mind for the future.

By the way, I think you may be on our cruise on Crown on 29 July.

My thought is that I never print them anymore as they are paper and they have them at the port. Much easier if you are flying as they will never make it anyway

:rolleyes: Huh? I don't understand what you are saying.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

My thought is that I never print them anymore as they are paper and they have them at the port. Much easier if you are flying as they will never make it anyway

They WILL make it if you pack it IN your suitcase rather than attaching it to the handle before flying out. 😊

They WILL make it if you pack it IN your suitcase rather than attaching it to the handle before flying out. ��

Indeed.

You would think that would be a no brainer.. :D. Or is it?

Enjoy your cruise.

I print them out, put them in clear vinyl tag holders and attach them to our luggage before leaving for the airport. I put them on then in case a bag doesn't arrive on the same plane as I am on. That way the Princess personnel at the airport can more easily identify the bag when it does arrive and get it to us on the ship. That has happened to us on multiple occasions. We have done this 20 + times and the tags have never been torn off the luggage.

I print the luggage tags, wrap them in plastic wrap and attach with staples. I also put one inside in case the luggage goes astray. The tags always arrive intact even with connecting flights.

It is easy to get tags at the pier- several times I've received upgrade info while travelling and needed new tags. If you decide to do that make sure you have cruise information easily available on your luggage in case it's delayed.

Enjoy your cruise.

I print them out, put them in clear vinyl tag holders and attach them to our luggage before leaving for the airport. I put them on then in case a bag doesn't arrive on the same plane as I am on. That way the Princess personnel at the airport can more easily identify the bag when it does arrive and get it to us on the ship. That has happened to us on multiple occasions. We have done this 20 + times and the tags have never been torn off the luggage.

Makes sense.

I print the luggage tags, wrap them in plastic wrap and attach with staples. I also put one inside in case the luggage goes astray. The tags always arrive intact even with connecting flights.

It is easy to get tags at the pier- several times I've received upgrade info while travelling and needed new tags. If you decide to do that make sure you have cruise information easily available on your luggage in case it's delayed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Good idea. I never thought of that.

Thanks for that I will give it a go. I have to use the printer at work (ssshhhh don't tell the boss ;)) as the one we have at home is having marital issues with my pc and is of no use whatsoever!

.Disclaimer: we are allowed to use the printer at work for personal stuff as long as it is "reasonable" and we are not printing reams of stuff :halo:

I always used the work fax to send in my shareholder credit request. Heck, I had a quick dial button for Princess on my office phone. :)

We also use the plastic luggage tag holders. You can get them here on CC, on Amazon, or from S e r e d i p i t y. (CC tends to block that address. Likely as they are a competitor for the item.)

Edited by Thrak

My thought is that I never print them anymore as they are paper and they have them at the port.

People here complain endlessly about having to spend 7 seconds filling out the health survey ...

... there is no way these impatient people could write out a luggage tag at the port.

Hi all

Just thought you might like an update.....it seems my work pc has a really out-dated browser and that meant the formatting was wrong so I used a different pc and managed to print them off successfully!

Hopefully this will mean that my wedding photos will feature my hair :D

Thank you all for your helpful advice.