Ruby Princess after Sept 2018

girlguide

My May 8 2019 cruise from L.A. to Vancouver on the Star is cancelled and offered a measly $15 OBC to book something else.

Yep that's what we got the last time they cancelled a cruise we had booked a whopping $15 OBC

We received an email from Princess yesterday with a notice that the February 2, 2019 Hawaii cruise on the Ruby was being moved to the Emerald. We will see how this plays out. The switch from the Ruby to Emerald is no big problem for us as we have already been on both ships before. Here is what they sent us along with the booking invoice. The booking ID is staying the same as is the cost and itinerary.

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Emerald Princess rather than Ruby Princess. Emerald Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Ruby Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, Crown Grill, Salty Dog Gastropub, and SHARE by Curtis Stone, a fine-dining experience featuring ultra-premium meats, seafood and more! For more info on Emerald Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do? shipCode=EP. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Emerald Princess.

We received an email from Princess yesterday with a notice that the February 2, 2019 Hawaii cruise on the Ruby was being moved to the Emerald. We will see how this plays out. The switch from the Ruby to Emerald is no big problem for us as we have already been on both ships before. Here is what they sent us along with the booking invoice. The booking ID is staying the same as is the cost and itinerary.

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Emerald Princess rather than Ruby Princess. Emerald Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Ruby Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, Crown Grill, Salty Dog Gastropub, and SHARE by Curtis Stone, a fine-dining experience featuring ultra-premium meats, seafood and more! For more info on Emerald Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do? shipCode=EP. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Emerald Princess.

I just got notification that our trip (Feb. 2019) on the Star has been changed to the Ruby out of L.A. to the Sea of Cortez and Baja.

Like you posted "Voyage Redeployment"

Got an email yesterday that our 2/2/19 Hawaii cruise will now be on the Emerald instead of Ruby. I have not been on either of these ships. I was told we would keep the same cabin. We will also get updated information by July 19.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my roll call for an unaffected Princess cruise, one person said her Holland America cruise also has a ship & itinerary changes. She was told there are a lot of changes coming so it's not limited to Princess only.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are booked on the Ruby Princess Classic California Coast leaving LA on Oct 7. The Princess website still shows this cruise when I search, it still shows my booking and I haven't received any emails. Maybe the changes are sometime after this date?

We are booked on the Ruby Princess Classic California Coast leaving LA on Oct 7. The Princess website still shows this cruise when I search, it still shows my booking and I haven't received any emails. Maybe the changes are sometime after this date?

My email stated that we would be notified by 7/19/17. Unfortunately we will be on the Grand on our way to Alaska on the 17th. I also hope I don't have the same cabin. # E205 on the Star is a balcony. E205 on Ruby is an obstructed view cabin. I am not sure how that works. There aren't any comparable balconies on the Emerald deck. It doesn't look like anything comparable until Caribe deck.

We revived an email that our HI cruise on the Ruby is sailing March 24 2019 instead of March 26. $15.00 OBC. They will adjust booking by July 15. I tried to book for our friends to join us and it wasn't there. Hope to see it on the 15 th. Must be a mess for their computer team.

We revived an email that our HI cruise on the Ruby is sailing March 24 2019 instead of March 26. $15.00 OBC. They will adjust booking by July 15. I tried to book for our friends to join us and it wasn't there. Hope to see it on the 15 th. Must be a mess for their computer team.

And even worse for the customer service reps who will take the brunt of passenger anger due to upper management's decision to redeploy their ships. :(

As we're reading the CSRs haven't yet been provided with complete information to give to passengers.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I feel sorry for the reps that must be getting swamped with phone calls and questions that they can't answer yet. People trying to obtain and keep their cabin choices. What a mess for their computer system and the IT people! So much confusion for everyone....:confused:

Not sure if this is an answer, but I received this from my TA about an hour ago ago.

"FYI, my co-worker came across this earlier today. Apparently Princess is having some kind of computer glitch just for the Ruby Princess – Apparently fares are not coming up and reservations cant be made Nov/Dec and January sailing until tomorrow - - but I’m getting this 2ndhand. – The cruises are going as advertised, just a glitch which will be fixed by tomorrow morning. – affecting just the Ruby"

My mexican riviera from Long Beach has been change to the ruby princess for November 2018 for an email today

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! I'm on the same cruise. I wish they would move this change a little faster.

I was wondering why I had not received the email yet for my April cruise on the Ruby, until I realized I have reading comprehension problems.

My cruise is April 2018 and this redeployment doesn't start until September.

I need to pay more attention.

Sorry for those of you in limbo right now.

I am on the 10/1 Ruby cruise from Vancouver to LA. I cruised once before on Ruby Princess and loved it; I'd be really unhappy if there was some change in ships. Hopefully the changes don't affect Oct, but can only wait and find out. Still, would be a bad start to a much anticipated cruise.

We have been notified that the Ruby has been substituted for he Star on the March 17 2019 coastal California cruise. I actually have duplicate bookings for diff cabin types so will need to check the cabin reassignment on 7/19. Not too worried we can't finalize anything until DH March break calendar is available

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is so much information on this redeployment thing I don't know what to believe . I guess we wait & see . We will be on the Ruby end of Sept 2017 so we will see what we think . We hear that the Star and the Ruby are similar & we will be on the Star in April 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then our cruise in April 2018 won't be affected?

Currently only some cruises from about November 2018 until the end of the current schedules in May 2019 are being changed. I haven't checked every cruise during that time period but most of the affected cruises have been ships that includes LA.

There is so much information on this redeployment thing I don't know what to believe . I guess we wait & see . We will be on the Ruby end of Sept 2017 so we will see what we think . We hear that the Star and the Ruby are similar & we will be on the Star in April 2018

Ruby & Emerald are twins with an extra deck (Riviera) of cabins; Star & Golden were originally twins but some modifications to interior venues & some cabins have resulted in a few differences now.

I have been trying to look for a cruise for May 2019 for Alaska there hasn't been any posted and I was like huh? I thought they were usually posted by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter is on the Star April 2019 Alaska cruise. She got the deployment notice and only her sail date was changed by 2 days- still on the Star. So it's not up for the public to make new bookings yet. I'm still waiting to hear about my 2018 Mexico cruises

My Hawaii cruise for Dec 2018 has been switched from Ruby to Emerald. Received the new booking notification by email yesterday and have been given the same cabin on Emerald as I booked on Ruby.