Favorite Drink??

debster11

Here's a couple more options to try:

Poolside: try a BBC or Banana Bacardi Colada

Pre-dinner drinks: Tiramisu Martini - like the name implies it's like dessert in a cup!

Breakfast cocktails: of course a mimosa or Bloody Mary or go for a Peach Bellini for something different.

Other: Mango Mojito, Blue Margarita, Miami Vice (1/2 strawberry daiquiri and 1/2 pina colada) are all good options.

I haven't sailed on a ship with Alchemy yet...but an anxious to try it when we sail Vista this fall!

:D

No. It's kinda blue green swirls. Different bar tenders look different. Google it & lots will pop up. I make them at home sometimes.

I had one once after reading about it here (Twilight Zone) Didn't taste any different than a Pina Colada. Did I just get a bartender that doesn't know how to make them? :confused:

Is Thirsty Frog still the Carnival beer? Been 3 years since the last time I had a Thirsty Frog and I've had to settle on just looking at the Thirsty Frog tap handle I have. :cool:

(This site absolutely sucks for attaching or posting photos)

20170718_071947.jpg.8e0ea6429443e3497a47ef6d7664bfd6.jpg

Edited by Pomc99

Can you get a drink from the Alchemy bar, but make substitutions on drinks from the menu? So could I get a Moscow Mule made with Gin and not Vodka?

Yes, Alchemy will customize. A Moscow Mule with gin sounds, um, "interesting." ;p

Besides beer, I like the Long Island Iced Tea and the Funship drink. For some odd reason, I was under the mistaken impression that the Funship was only available on the first day. The bartender in the sports bar last week became my new best friend by telling me that I could order it anywhere at any time. I had way too many of them from him after that.

Besides beer, I like the Long Island Iced Tea and the Funship drink. For some odd reason, I was under the mistaken impression that the Funship was only available on the first day. The bartender in the sports bar last week became my new best friend by telling me that I could order it anywhere at any time. I had way too many of them from him after that.
I guess it doesn't stop being a Fun Ship after Day 1! Hehehe

Well, I'll be. I just Googled it and it's a thing! Called a Gin-Gin Mule or a Gin Buck.
:hearteyes: I like Bloody Mary's with Gin as well. Had to pay more than my free drink coupon last time in the dining room, but it was super tasty!

Yes I have and they were delicious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh - I totally agree. Sometimes rum feels to "heavy" and vodka fits the bill.. Vodka (unless it's a flavored or one made from a more unusual base like rye or grapes) does not compete with other flavors much. I have also used it in place of tequila for margaritas - same concept.

Oh - I totally agree. Sometimes rum feels to "heavy" and vodka fits the bill.. Vodka (unless it's a flavored or one made from a more unusual base like rye or grapes) does not compete with other flavors much. I have also used it in place of tequila for margaritas - same concept.

I'll have to try that because I am not a huge fan of tequila. Thanks for the idea.

Yes I have and they were delicious!!

:tropical-drink:(y)(y)

Kiss on the lips. Tried to recreate it at home and never quite right. Its a peachy, mango frozen drink. Although it is a sweet drink, it has a bit of tartness to it that makes it more refreshing than some of the other frozen drinks.

I also like the funship special, which is like a fruit punch type of drink. I am not sure if its that I just like the taste or because its a first day special so its like the epitome of being on a cruise. probably both.

In the MDR Tropical espresso, you can only get it there......

Alchemy Bar you can get anything, my new favorite is a French Martini

On lido the Rum Runner drinks were perfect.

What is tropical espresso? Sounds yummy

What is tropical espresso? Sounds yummy

Tropical espresso

cocktail glass filled with ice and a mixture of coconut rum, Kahlua and simple syrup.

your waiter will have a cup of espresso to mix in, then top with whipped cream.

It was the highlight of dinner every night once I tried it. I would order one to go because they only make it in the MDR;)

Tropical espresso

cocktail glass filled with ice and a mixture of coconut rum, Kahlua and simple syrup.

your waiter will have a cup of espresso to mix in, then top with whipped cream.

It was the highlight of dinner every night once I tried it. I would order one to go because they only make it in the MDR;)

Oh, this sounds good. Is it on the after drink menu in the MDR or is it just something you know to order? Can it be made with regular coffee?