Bottle Of Sparkling Wine

Shermcruiser

Is the bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin for sail away?

It's yours to drink whenever you want. [emoji3]It is chilled, so you can drink it at sail away. If you want to save it, have your butler/steward keep the ice bucket full to keep it cold. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes they changed the latitudes program this year in February. Take a look at the latitudes rewards, its slightly different then it used to be.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Thank you. Unfortunately, this is our first NCL cruise in 20 years (or any cruise for that matter). They can see our previous 2 cruises with them in 1994 and 1997 but won't give us credit for them. Our only consolation is that we will be silver by the end of next year. Although, IMO, "real" benefits don't kick in until Platinum.

I tried the sparkling wine a couple of times and can't drink it anymore. We always bring our our bottle of Dom, Bol or VC for 1/3 of what they charge on the ship. Only need to pay the $15 corkage fee. Now if they only served caviar and condiments.

Sorry if this is a stupid question - If you get a bottle of sparkling wine for "cruising again" and you are in a suite do you get TWO bottles? Just a little wishful thinking!

We got two bottles last time on the Breakaway. As long as they don't change the suite amenities you should.

Sorry if this is a stupid question - If you get a bottle of sparkling wine for "cruising again" and you are in a suite do you get TWO bottles? Just a little wishful thinking!

Receiving a bottle of wine for being a bronze latitudes member is completely different from receiving a bottle of wine for being in a suite. If you qualify for both, you most certainly get two bottles.

One thing that has changed, at least on the Dawn, is switching out for white wine. I've done that for several cruises and they wouldn't let me do that on my cruise two weeks ago. I was told it was a home office decision to no longer allow switching out to a different wine if you didn't like the sparkling wine.

Thank you. Unfortunately, this is our first NCL cruise in 20 years (or any cruise for that matter). They can see our previous 2 cruises with them in 1994 and 1997 but won't give us credit for them. Our only consolation is that we will be silver by the end of next year. Although, IMO, "real" benefits don't kick in until Platinum.

As others have clarified above but since you are in the OS you should get a bottle of champagne. I say "should" because sometimes they give you sparkling wine but in your case it should be actual champagne.

If you were latitudes you'd also get a sparking wine in your case. We've always gotten the wines in room when first in room or shortly thereafter. Lately it seems the cruisenext staff has been delivering the free latitudes wine.

One thing that has changed, at least on the Dawn, is switching out for white wine. I've done that for several cruises and they wouldn't let me do that on my cruise two weeks ago. I was told it was a home office decision to no longer allow switching out to a different wine if you didn't like the sparkling wine.

Yes, that is fleet wide and I haven't seen anyone report any exceptions.

To be honest, it was predictable. Allowing switching was practical when only a few people got the wine, but now that so many people get it, it could potentially become a problem.

Is the bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin for sail away?

It is yours to enjoy (or not) whenever you desire. Last cruise I was solo and never opened mine, I would have brought it home but it would have set around here unopened too, because its not what we normally drink. Of course since I had the UBP, I had plenty of options out of the cabin.

We had a total 3 bottles (3 staterooms) ready & waiting, not chilled, upon embarkation. Took 2 of them to the MDR for dinner & they exchanged 2 nicely chilled ones for us, open it & brought glasses for the group.

IMO, not really worth taking home, not for us - gave away the other unopened bottle ... the ones we received in previous years "looked" nicer.